Blacrose's Bluerealm Helmet Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
(y) Looks awesome. I voted black, but another dark color like purple might provide the contrast that's needed. Of course, the sniper rifle may provide all the requisite contrast by itself :D.

I vote you keep em pink, at least for now. If you decide later that you don't like it, at least you can still go pink-to-black instead of black-to-pink (which I imagine would be harder :p)

Don't do such an aggressive and conflicting shade, so instead of black, paint a darker pink on it and wipe it off, leaving it only in the recesses.
That way you get to keep it the nice bright pink, and it wont look too weathered.

WEll I plan on weathering the hell outta this thing. I want it to look girly, but Hardcore down and dirty. Cuz das how I roll bro :D

Oh and I picked up another shade of red/crimson (wine red i think it's called) and I'll be misting the secondary color to make it more like my character on XBL. And I also picked up flat black because I cant seem to find the one i though i had lol. Hopefully I can get some work on it done today, but i kinda have ALOT of homework due in a few hours that I havnt even started lol.

Hmm, that does sound pretty cool :D
You shouldn't be on yahoo when you're doing your homework Kelly :lol:

Crime.

Against.

Nature.

Somewhere out in the galaxy, John is rolling over in his grave.

:p

"IT'S NOT PINK! IT'S LIGHT RED!"

Oh wow,, this is like, so pink!

Love it! :D

Hope it all goes well! Defo take lots o' pics at the 2009 D*con,, make us girls proud! :lol: (Well, SKG as well lol)

guess i'm one of the few guys voted pink o_O

but if i was u i would go for pink, black is so erm let me say meaningless

Pink for sure!

Weathered pink especially on the vents would look pretty badass. That light color will show the grit and grime of battle really well. Kelly you're already badass so whatever you decide will be exciting to see.

I think the main concern will be whether you decide to finish the whole suit that way. Whatever you decide on the "black" areas of the helm will probably fit well replacing the other black armor parts of the suit in some areas but not in others. The shoulders would probably be best left black. Looking forward to seeing more!

HaloFreakX said:
Holy crap, that's awesome and since it is why is it in N00B forum?

I'm thinking how she got one of them helmets... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
But the only thing that i would change is to add a darker pink wash (adams method just change black to what ever) because the pink loses alot of the detail of what BR put into that helm.

I forgot to tell you kell... If you want to blend the colors better, try wiping your helmet down with alcohol, or some acetone slightly diluted with water. Be careful, and wipe gently. It will blend the colors together. But make sure you test on something first! It takes a little bit of skill, but it does a good job. It will give you the affect of aged paint, by making some areas very slightly brighter, or darker, but will usually blend the layers to a uniform color... Just different shades. Also, when you apply the weathering, it will cover up any overspray, speckled effect from layering, or irregularities. Don't forget, when you reintroduce the primer to the top coat of paint, it will in terms, re-activate the paint slightly, and smear the colors together also. So if you get a little worried about the things I mentioned... Don't be. Just remember what I said in the vids about how long the primer sits on your paint, and how much 'damage' it will do in terms of how many seconds you wait to wipe it off during black washing.

id say go with the purple color of your stripe. black might look to bland, and pink might not show the difference of the areas. but purple would still be dark enough to know what it is. sorry if someone already said this. ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back