Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Im saying is who goes to war with an uzi or a shotgun, it just seems unrealistic but yet those guns have the same killing power as all those assualt rifles

mooseguy04 said:
Canadians were actually featured in Call of Duty 3 as a playable side story in the main campaign. I think they were a tank crew, not sure.
The point is that Canadians soldiers in video games are always showed as "replacement" units, doing smallish things while US and UK soldiers defuses bombs and throw nuclear warheads.

They should show JTF-2, one of the world's best special op team, and it's Canadian.

No perks at all, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
The9thSoldier said:
What Im saying is who goes to war with an uzi or a shotgun, it just seems unrealistic but yet those guns have the same killing power as all those assualt rifles
Go to Iraq. You will see shotguns being used. Not a butt-ton, but you will see them.

At close range, a shotgun has the same, if not greater, killing power than the assault rifles. The Uzi has speed on its side, and pair that with Stopping Power, yeah, it probably will be as powerful as some of the assault rifles.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more H&K's added to the arsenal. The MP5's ok but they make far better rifles and handguns than this one. Don't get me wrong it's a great weapon (shot one several time for real in training). :D

The only things I'm looking for are

Better Weapons (moar pls?)
Updated graphics (COD4 had a washed out feel to it, and none of the colors seemed vibrant)
Fix'd ACOG (horrible IMO)
Better Maps
Possible Zombie/Horde map (pretty much a standard now sence COD WAW
Vehicles (Very Fun, hummers, tanks,)
;)

Yeah COD should meet BF a bit. Like humvees without machine guns on it, just for transport on larger maps. Transport choppers, without weapons again.

Many maps, like small ones without vehicules, and really large maps that you need vehicules.

And please, a competent map editor on XB360 :)

i definatly want more guns all they did in modern warfare 2 was take a couple mass produced guns mut left out the AUg, FAMAS, 416, SCAR, .44 magnum, Cheytec, PSG 1, and they should add drum mags for the assault rifles

LastSpartan said:
The point is that Canadians soldiers in video games are always showed as "replacement" units, doing smallish things while US and UK soldiers defuses bombs and throw nuclear warheads.

They should show JTF-2, one of the world's best special op team, and it's Canadian.
No perks at all, please.

Thats exactly why I said I wanted to see some freeking Canadian troops in a game for once where they are a big deal! My uncle just made it into JTF-2 but before he began extrended training he had to go on a tour in Afganistan. Now hes been sent home WIA because his LAV hit a road side bomb. I don't think anyone was killed thankfully, but my uncle and a few others suffered from a few 2'nd degree burns and by uncle got got a few chunks of shrapnel in the right side of his body and a few chunks in his right leg. They were all small and didn't do too much but hes on leave for recovery for a year now. If I dont see JTF-2 or atleast somebody from the Canadian Forces in that came, Im sueing. Canadians are constantly being shadowed out of history, when we do more than some other countries in the world.

We Peacekeep, we fight behind other countries that we don't like why they are fighting. We sometimes take the heat the hardest and we still never give up. Just look at past history. Vimy ridge was something that the Canadian troops did. The Brits couldn't do it, the French couldn't to it, but we did. Same story with Paschendale. Although the Brits, French and Americans took part, the Canadians are the ones who clamed victory WITH there fellow Allies, not the other way around. Not trying to dis the other troops, they faught just as hard as the Canadians did. We were the little push who drove the whole war faster than it would have been. Thus saving more lives that it would of cost. Although I don't agree with war, I still don't see why Canada should be shaded out of history.

Lastly I would like to state that I am stating the truth, and am not trying to say Canada did it all, Im saying that Canada deserves more recognition than they are getting.

Just my 2-cents.

CHEERS!

EDIT: C7A2, C8, C9 support weapon and C3A1 long distance rifle FTW!

LastSpartan said:
And please, a competent map editor on XB360 :)

I hope you realize how incredibly difficult it is to code a fully working map editor, even Forge-like, into a game.

even if its hard it would be amazing there would be endless posabilitys sniper wars border patrol mike meyers all those gamemodes would now have a proper map to be played on

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I hope you realize how incredibly difficult it is to code a fully working map editor, even Forge-like, into a game.
Yeah but I hope you realize that it has been done for other games, like Farcry and that if Infinity Ward and Treyarch weren't making a game every 6 months, they would have more than enough time to design this.

The Call of Duty series is now like the NHL one.

I'm sure they'll start putting years after the name because they have no more ideas.

Call of Duty 2010

Awesum.

I think the German GSG-9 would be a cool addition, but then it would have to be in Germany. They are cool though.

I really hope they have these if they have a zombie gameplay thing:

rocketpropelledchainsaw.jpg

RPC-Rocket Propelled Chainsaw=EPIC WIN!

LastSpartan said:
Yeah but I hope you realize that it has been done for other games, like Farcry and that if Infinity Ward and Treyarch weren't making a game every 6 months, they would have more than enough time to design this.

The Call of Duty series is now like the NHL one.

I'm sure they'll start putting years after the name because they have no more ideas.

Call of Duty 2010

Awesum.

In case you haven't noticed, you won't be able to come up with any sizable list of games with map editors, because they are nearly nonexistent in console games. Most map editors take up a ridiculous amount of space, which is why they are offered as separate downloads from the developer after the game's release. Call of Duty games have had map editors since the beginning. However,they are only available for the PC version customers, and since the Modern Warfare editor, without any sort of map editing kit, was 600 MB. World at War's was close to 650 MB.

Not every developer can create a console game map editor that can be played online by every user (except those who have user content off). Infinity Ward would have to completely revamp their game engine, and in the end spend nearly, if not more than, a year just to make a map editor that, like Halo 3's Forge, can place new objects. Not new backgrounds, buildings, or anything similar.

Plus, how would an in-game map editor work? There's not even a slightly realistic way of adding a map editing character into the game without ruining it. You can't have aliens, random floating people, or objects. They would need HUD for the editor, physics for the countless things that could happen, add a game spawning system (which, unlike Halo 3, is not already programmed to work), and add even more animations to the characters to prevent any model collisions or glitches.

That is why there is practically no chance of an in-game map editor. Halo 3 is not as heavily centered around Matchmaking as it is around user-created content. Call of Duty is centered around its Matchmaking system, so a map editor would be completely useless besides a few Micheal Myers maps. If you truly want to have a map editor for Call of Duty games, you'll need about 7-9 GB of memory for the game, and about 600-700 MB for the tag editor, and then only God knows how much space for a map editor that you can visualize with.

LastSpartan said:
No need for the map editor to be on the 360.

You could make the map on PC and port them to your console.

Not possible, most custom maps would take up atleast 15 MB of space each, along with the fact that Microsoft would never allow that. It would lead to game exploits of many kinds, and, in the end, wouldn't be worth the programming and hassle.

Plus, PC tag hierarchies are extremely different from those of the console for Call of Duty games, so conversion would be very difficult, to say the least.

I like WW2 and modern wars but I think it's time they make a Call of Duty: Vietnam. It coud be a cool game. They should add a customizable uniform feature. I would be a gruff, sleeveless, flack vest wearing killer. I know some people prefer WW2, and some prefer more modern time, but Vietnam would be perfect because it's right in the middle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back