Calladar's Foam Carter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
j326- foam friendlier version sent..

ok now i just discovered a problem... i was doing all the electronics in the kit today and got all my lighting in place and moved onto the sound system... the headphone extension cord was way too long once i put it on so i opted to make my own and went to radio shack. got both speakers mounted and made the audio cable and put the ipod in the attachment..ran my audio cable and put on the shoulders and chest piece with everything hooked up.. turned it on and the wife said, "holy cow that is loud!" YEA BABY!!!

now onto the problem.. put on everything from the waist up to see how hard it was going to be to operate. discovered that it was hard to reach because of the chest piece. can work with that. then discovered that with my gloves on the touch screen for the ipod will not sense the pressure and work. ARGGGG... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! so i took everything off and started experimenting with just the ipod and different gloves i had laying around the house.. with gloves on i could not get the touch screen to work with any gloves on. defeats the purpose.

solution. going to take a pair of cheap black glove liners i have laying around from the military (cost about $4.50) and cut a little hole in the fingertip (fingerprint area) and see if i can get the touch screen to work through the little hole. shot in the dark but if it doesn't work then no real loss.. and if it does those will be my gloves. uggg if it's not one thing it is another.

thank you all!!! that explained it.. ok so i am an old man and a tard.... but i knew the wonderful members here would have a solution and be able to help figure this one out.. lol..

at any rate i found a set of the glove dot things on amazon at a price i liked so i ordered them.. comes with 3 dots and i figure i only need 2.. one for my index finger and one for the wife's.. can now i can move on without sweatin that one..

THANKS GUYS!!!

ok i got in my dot things.. work like a champ.. now have my hand plates and gloves done..

sorry for the crappy pics.. wife did something with the camera and i can't find it and had to use the ipod..

Hand Plate
71f7902b.jpg

Dot thingy.
3d1b3af3.jpg

thanks for the help on that guys the dot works like a champ.

now the question is.. Dragon Con is a little over a week away.. Will he make it?? fingers crossed.

you can do it man! this is an incredible build, and i must say, i love your ipod holder, im doing almost the exact same, but for my samsung infuse, and its my first foam build, so i have no idea what im doing! :p

thanks kerbyg.... i know this is not carter related but figured i would throw up what i spent my day off doin..

trying to help my son finish his Jun..

finished painting his helmet for him.
DSCN2779.jpg

then i moved on to making his lower back pack..
DSCN2781.jpg
DSCN2782.jpg
DSCN2783.jpg

have to work all weekend and i only will have 3 more days off till dragon con. Carter is pretty much done with the exception of strapping and padding.. Kat is done with the exception of hand plates and strapping and padding.. Grunt is done with the exception of some painting to do on the chest piece.. my son has most of his Jun made and i am now helping him with his to get it done in time..

awesome work on that pack buddy. I can't wait to see all of you guys(and gals) suited up!

thanks guys.. and i have 2 digital camera and i am going to buy 2 more for the kids so we all have cameras and if one wants to take a picture they can so hopefully there will be a ton of pics.

work this weekend and then took vacation next week to be able to finish in time. starting to get stressed because i was wanting to be done by now.. hate doing things at the last minute.

work had to mess me up though and have a class that i have to attend on tuesday that is an all day thing. they made it mandatory.. i already have my training hours for the year and they do this to me. that is another day gone.

if all goes well there will be pics up wed night of all the kits done and on. going to then go for a walk around the neighborhood and freak the neighbors out to test fit and make sure it can handle the weekend and the parade. don't want a fail at the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back