Cardboard Smg V.1 Wip Edit: New Pics On Page 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infested Bio

Yeah... I'm a nub at this stuff. This is my first thing I'm going to attempt to make at this site. As the title says, I am making my favorite weapon from Halo3. The SMG. I've had this Acct for a while but i never really attempted to make anything. Well here is how it looks so far. I'm thinking of just making layers of cardboard and staking on top of each other creating a 3-D object. Hows it look?

The Vitamin Water is for Size comparison.
SMGPIC1.jpg

:D another cardbourderhoray one of my first weaoons was a smg(pistol to small assault rifle to big smg just rite :p )veco is good to keep the magizine in place. welcome to the forums :)

I did the exact same thing back when I was younger, but I actually cut out the cardboard from scratch without using a picture on top. It turned out pretty nice and I used duc-tape in various places to get the thing to be rigid. So if you have any problems with yours, PM me (which you probably won't since it's not that complicated. You'll be fine if you ask me).

The only problem with this one is that it looks a bit too big to me. But again, that's probably just my eyes. You might also want to paint the light parts to make them darker.

Keep working, I'm sure you'll come out with something nice.

We'll Thanks for the feedback and such.
I'm going to just get thicker cardboard and stack them on top of each other until its the right size i want. Then im going to add detail with other cardboard so the parts are larger and raised at certain points so that's its 3-D. Then I guess im gonna just paint and smooth and stuff or something.

L--o--L said:
We'll Thanks for the feedback and such.
I'm going to just get thicker cardboard and stack them on top of each other until its the right size i want. Then im going to add detail with other cardboard so the parts are larger and raised at certain points so that's its 3-D. Then I guess im gonna just paint and smooth and stuff or something.

Looks like you're on the right track, buddy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
BinaryCode said:
I did the exact same thing back when I was younger, but I actually cut out the cardboard from scratch without using a picture on top.
That's one option, but you will get alot better result with blueprints (In terms of scale).

-FSS

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, at first glance i thought you had just shopped a picture of an smg on there, i think it was just the changing glare off the table. looks good though, cant wait to see it 3d

Right then!
NEW PICS!!!
Not much work on this thing though. Sorry!
Just kinda busy with school!

The entire thing is a 1 3/4 inches so far. The photos are kind of shotty sorry!
Main frame
IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

The Stock
IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

The Rest
IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

The stock layers
1 layer
IMG_0019.jpg

2 layers
IMG_0020.jpg

3 layers
IMG_0021.jpg

Side view
IMG_0022.jpg

The rest of the parts. (Its layering)
IMG_0023-1.jpg

IMG_0024-1.jpg

IMG_0025-1.jpg

IMG_0026-1.jpg

Whole side of stock with the 1 side of detail cardboard on
IMG_0027-1.jpg

IMG_0029-1.jpg

And that's all so far! :lol:

Hello fellow cardboard user! Im very skilled with cardboard, so I'll give you a few pointers.

First, use more layers of cardboard. It gives it a more real effect, and it will not break so easily.

Secondly, use wood glue, because when used with cardboard, it never comes appart and it never warps.

Third, when you have all of you're details on, and everything is in place and glued, take masking tape and use it to cover the corrogated areas that are visable. Next, put some more wood glue on top of the edges of the tape. Use your finger to create a "ramp". This is for two reasons. #1, it keeps the tape from pealing from the cardboard, and #2, when you paint the gun, the tape is un-noticeable from about 6 inches away.

Eather that, or use Bondo.

And finaly, the fourth tip, alwayse use primer before you paint! Its worth the extra $5.00, and it makes the finished gun SO much more better looking!

I hope I helped.

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back