**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the thought that went into the 3-bolt attachment points for future updates. Thinking two steps ahead is a good part of why your build is coming together so well.

Redshirt

So, that's it! It's been a long night, but I'm a bunch of steps closer to finishing this up! Let me know what you think.

I'm having a hard time thinking after that up date. There is only so many words to describe the amount of detail and/or thought that you put into each and every part.

I'll stick with "Work of art" for now. :cool

Wow the alignment details looks awesome. I always thought that there had to be a way of doing something to make any attachment removable. This is a great idea. I am planing on doing something like this to make the shoulder attachment interchangable on my foam build. but we'll see. Hahaha thanks for sharing this.

I may as well just chuck my stuff in the can now because this is just to amazing to compete with.(not that I'm trying) I absolutely love the creativity you are bringing to this build. The details are truly, truly impressive. Keep on doing what your doing. This armor is elite bound for sure! :D

I recon this is a armor win!

Kinda makes me want to make halo 3 elite armor.....

Ascetic anyone?

Lovin the updates man

I love the way your organized this build, I think the thighs are my favorite part bi far!

I wish there were some sort of a "like" button. Words escape me...

Wow, your armor is coming along nicely :D

Thank you all!

I love the thought that went into the 3-bolt attachment points for future updates. Thinking two steps ahead is a good part of why your build is coming together so well.

Redshirt

I've had a little over a year since the beginning of this build to dream up what the future of the suit will be. There's a lot I've thought through. Eventually, I'll have to make a set of biceps that will allow for many permutation bicep types, since the outer top portion of the Mk VI biceps is absent from the other permutations.

I'm having a hard time thinking after that up date. There is only so many words to describe the amount of detail and/or thought that you put into each and every part.

I'll stick with "Work of art" for now. :cool

Wow the alignment details looks awesome. I always thought that there had to be a way of doing something to make any attachment removable. This is a great idea. I am planing on doing something like this to make the shoulder attachment interchangable on my foam build. but we'll see. Hahaha thanks for sharing this.

Thanks guys, as always!

I may as well just chuck my stuff in the can now because this is just to amazing to compete with.(not that I'm trying) I absolutely love the creativity you are bringing to this build. The details are truly, truly impressive. Keep on doing what your doing. This armor is elite bound for sure! :D

Jeeeeez That looks so great.. Do I need to start building a new suit?!

Vshore and Mac, your armors are freakin impressive! It's armor like yours that I aspire to. And, Mac, no man, you just need a legit undersuit.

Update coming very soon. I don't want it to be the last post of the page (assuming you all have your setting to view 10 posts per page), so I'm gonna show the update in the next post.

Ok, update time.

I got the chest plate sanded and primed tonight.

DSCN1439.jpg

DSCN1440.jpg

DSCN1441.jpg

DSCN1443.jpg

I also sanded and primed the details...

DSCN1445.jpg

In this shot you can see what happens when the magnets give. As you can see, the chest plate simply leans forward a bit and is caught by the underarm connection.

DSCN1447.jpg

That will be nice when I'm wearing it out, I won't have to worry about the chest plate falling off all together. I also went ahead and turned the alignment details into simply detail additions, since the connections were so perfect without the need for extra alignment.

DSCN1448.jpg

This will simplify the back plate a bit since I won't have to worry about getting the female end of the alignment in the right spot.

So, there it is! The prime job doesn't look all that great because I still need to sand it down a tiny bit and add at least one more coat of primer, but I ran out tonight, so it will have to wait.

Let me know what you think.

That adds so much having those details on there!! Yes, I do need a legit undersuit but I think it'd end up being the abs for the most part!

So being a mod..... Shouldn't you be able to put this in the elite thread? lol You and Macattack both belong there.

Well really what I think is that another mod will have to do that, plus we have to see if it's finished so a mod can move it first

Do you get what I mean

( sorry if I sounded bossy )

So being a mod..... Shouldn't you be able to put this in the elite thread? lol You and Macattack both belong there.

I know you're joking, and I won't be doing that with my own thread, seems like it would be too vain. I have yet to move anyone else's thread to the elite forum. If another mod sees fit to move it, great.

Yeah you caught me lol. But seriously though. But macattack and carpathia both modeling skills are way up on the ladder of awesomeness. I can only hope to get there lulz

So all the work on your alignment details ended up being unneccesary because the rest of the chest is so well constructed? Sorry to hear about you doing work for nothing, but congrats all the same :)

Suit is looking awesome. I love all the little tips and tricks, and I can't wait to use them!

So all the work on your alignment details ended up being unnecessary because the rest of the chest is so well constructed?

Yeah, pretty much. However, all is not in vain since I still have the file and know it would work. So, anyone who would want the detail alignment file, just ask and I'll post the file.

Daaaaaaamn jason . Why arent u already in the elite section? i didnt even notice that u made progress dont know why but i dont see this thread by regularly looking in the discussion section. Damn mate im totally stunned. not like randomly just WOW !

and btw u inspired me to use those small magnets. ill think bout it i ddint think that they are so strong :$

Robert Downey JR rocks so hard. :D i love his arrogant and cheeky style .:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back