**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely amazing work sir!! This is shaping up just beautifully. Thank you for sharing your detailing steps with us.

-Matt

yo pretty dam good just a little and i meen little blocky u no what i meen but better then me thow buy far man good job keep it up maby i will run in to u at a com

Ooohh!!! Dose this mean we get to see some paint? I think I'll loos my mind just thinking about how this is going to look all painted up.:D

^^^^ What thorn696 said!

I'm really loving the time and attention to the detail of the armor. The back torso looks very RAD!

I already have the feeling that your finished product will look better than mine. Please keep up this quality of work!

Hmmm... I'm having a difficult time finding a motivational pic.... This thread is already so full of Epicness.

Let's try this one:
img004431%20-%20Cropped.jpg

Super Cheers! :) :) :)

Nice job!! :D
What build height is your chest piece?

Thanks man. The height of the chest pep file is 438mm.

Thats fantastic new man :) i cant wait untill i reach this stage lol

Absolutely amazing work sir!! This is shaping up just beautifully. Thank you for sharing your detailing steps with us.

-Matt

yo pretty dam good just a little and i meen little blocky u no what i meen but better then me thow buy far man good job keep it up maby i will run in to u at a com

Thank you all!

Ooohh!!! Dose this mean we get to see some paint? I think I'll loos my mind just thinking about how this is going to look all painted up.:D

Yes, very soon it will be covered in lovely, lovely paint. You'll like this update!

^^^^ What thorn696 said!

I'm really loving the time and attention to the detail of the armor. The back torso looks very RAD!

I already have the feeling that your finished product will look better than mine. Please keep up this quality of work!

Hmmm... I'm having a difficult time finding a motivational pic.... This thread is already so full of Epicness.

Super Cheers! :) :) :)

Just about every time I needed some sort of inspiration to continue, yours was a thread that I went to, not only because of how many pictures of the finished suit you love posting, but the process was so well documented as well. I just hope that I documented the build enough. I know there are a few parts that I skipped over.

Such levels of awesomeness don't come up very often...

Thanks man!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, bit of another update.

PRIMED!

DSCN1491.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg

I got to the ab plate today as well. Since it was pretty smooth to begin with, it was a very easy finish. It only required a quick glaze, some sanding and it was ready for the paint...

DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

DSCN1500.jpg

DSCN1501.jpg

You will probably notice two things about the ab plate. First, the three slots. Those are the areas that will rest just above the back of the chest plate. Velcro will pass through the slots and attach the ab plate to the chest plate. Second, the scratch. The torso will be as close as possible to Master Chief's battle damage. This scratch is very easily seen on MC. It won't look so silver once I get the ab plate blackwashed and weathered.

I was going to start painting up the torso as well, but the weather looks like it could get pretty bad, and every now and then I see some rain drops on the ground. So, tomorrow I'll get on the paint. This should be finished by Monday then!

Enjoy!

I love the ab plate attachment idea :)
piant looks great, cant wait to see your whole suit painted

The more and more I see builds getting finished, the more and more I feel the need to start a legit undersuit.

I believe your chest piece is less than 2cm bigger than mine.. I wonder how big of a difference that actually makes. I guess we will have to compare in person at some point!

Sweet. Dark primer with a dark base coat, before lighter coat green. adding in damage in a multi tier color scheme. All that and you're just getting started...Whoot!!! you're right I do love this up date. This is going to be so awesome.:D
Yes paint make me feel all tingly inside. :cool

What a man! That foam idea ... WOW! That is a great technique to get the defined edges you were looking for! I will defiantly use that strategy in the future! Looking forward to seeing some paint also!

Ps.

I love how much time and effort you are putting into your build. Keep bossing it up my man!

Extremely impressive, as always.

I award you with a nice big jar of:

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed this thread.

NICE!! Thanks man.

The more and more I see builds getting finished, the more and more I feel the need to start a legit undersuit.

I believe your chest piece is less than 2cm bigger than mine.. I wonder how big of a difference that actually makes. I guess we will have to compare in person at some point!

The torso is a good size I think. It's plenty wide, but I can help but feel that it would be better with just a bit more depth.

I love the ab plate attachment idea :)
paint looks great, cant wait to see your whole suit painted

Sweet. Dark primer with a dark base coat, before lighter coat green. adding in damage in a multi tier color scheme. All that and you're just getting started...Whoot!!! you're right I do love this up date. This is going to be so awesome.:D
Yes paint make me feel all tingly inside. :cool

What a man! That foam idea ... WOW! That is a great technique to get the defined edges you were looking for! I will defiantly use that strategy in the future! Looking forward to seeing some paint also!

Ps.

I love how much time and effort you are putting into your build. Keep bossing it up my man!

Thanks guys! It's been a fun process so far.

I hope the other mods are planning to put this in the elite section. If not, there may be a riot ;-)

I'm not worried either way. There are plenty of great builds that haven't gone Elite, and I'd be proud to share a forum with any of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I wanted to very quickly give a rundown on how I put the ab plate in. As you saw earlier, there were a few slots cut to allow velcro to pass through at the right height...

DSCN1504.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

These were then attached to the velcro glued into the inside of the chest piece...

DSCN1507.jpg

...and here is the end result...

DSCN1508.jpg

I've reconfigured the slots a little since the ab plate seemed to pull up too far when I was wearing it, but that may have been a bad idea, since now a portion of the center slot shows. I may have to take the velcro out, patch up part of the center slot and repaint the ab plate. Not a huge deal, but it's something that will have to wait till after launch.

Oh, and before I forget...

95%!!!!!!!!!!

99.jpg

No joke... I just said "holy s%!$ carp!" when I saw your picture. Congrats man!! uuuuber Jelly, I am. LoL. Congrats mighty one!

Dude...I'm lovin' it!

I am so jealous and everybody else that sees you at the launch of Halo 4 will be too. lol

Caripitha at a con

Full of other people cosplaying

He walks in on them and BAM! They all drop dead from awsomeness!

SWEET BROTHA! I BOW AT YOUR SUPERIORITY!

Croc co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back