Carter Build WIP w/ many pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow looks great I wanna start my Carter build soon....if u don't mind if I ask what scale did you use. So confused lol on that searched every where on site and can't find the answer thanks

Wow looks great I wanna start my Carter build soon....if u don't mind if I ask what scale did you use. So confused lol on that searched every where on site and can't find the answer thanks

thanks! let me know when you do get started, and what i did for scaling was i took the height of my head and added 2.5 cm to it and just changed the scale of development that way so theight ended up being 290mm (default for the file i used [by Ruze789])

Update:

Forearm attachment is pepped and ready for resin. i plan on cutting out a square in the main pad area so my iPhone will fit in it and act as a functioning data pad
IMG_0357.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 149
I am doing the exact same thing with my ipod. Also the front part thats kind of ovular I am going to but a green led into it and make the on symbol just like from the attachment in the game

I am doing the exact same thing with my ipod. Also the front part thats kind of ovular I am going to but a green led into it and make the on symbol just like from the attachment in the game

dang i didnt even think of that! good idea! i was thinkin about all the different parts of armor that have LEDs and that slipped right by me

haha you're welcome. I'm trying to figure out a way to have leds in my thighs and torso, thats all I can see right now as of led usage. I ended up pepping that attachment and then filling in the rectangles because they arent needed and not even putting in the big rectangle where you are putting your iphone. What im doing is getting an old ipod touch case and rondo'ing it in there so I can slip the ipod in and out of it.

thanks! let me know when you do get started, and what i did for scaling was i took the height of my head and added 2.5 cm to it and just changed the scale of development that way so theight ended up being 290mm (default for the file i used [by Ruze789])

Awsome Thanks man ill mos def let u know when i get started!

haha you're welcome. I'm trying to figure out a way to have leds in my thighs and torso, thats all I can see right now as of led usage. I ended up pepping that attachment and then filling in the rectangles because they arent needed and not even putting in the big rectangle where you are putting your iphone. What im doing is getting an old ipod touch case and rondo'ing it in there so I can slip the ipod in and out of it.

yeah on certain files of the thighs and torso there are areas that are specially place to show where lights would go, and even so on the right shoulder for Carter right underneath where the shoulder and upper arm piece meet. as for the arm attachment, thats a damn good idea for the case, i might end up gutting it and doing the same for my iPhone, thanks for the input!

sorry for multiple posts, but i just wanted to let everyone know that the stomach plate is done (woo) and the torso is on the way, so keep your eyes open for pics!

So im thinking my torso armor is too big. what do you guys think? if so, what would you guys recommend for scaling?

IMG_0364.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 146
to be honnest... id try taking a pair of scissors to the shoulder piece and the rib part and then adjust it so it fits decently then stick it together with some paper on the back (not visible) seeing your going to add bondo n such you wont see a thing of it

to be honnest... id try taking a pair of scissors to the shoulder piece and the rib part and then adjust it so it fits decently then stick it together with some paper on the back (not visible) seeing your going to add bondo n such you wont see a thing of it

not a bad idea. im just wondering tho cuz to me it looks big, but after watching Birth of A Spartan, i think otherwise since Carter isnt that big of a guy in that and the torso is huge, just packed with protection i guess

kozlowski123, im sorry i didnt answer ur post about my helmets, but ive been busy with pepping and my AR... so far ive pepped te H3 eod, cqb, and HD master chief, ive completed the LD master chief a while ago however, if u want t see more- "my halo helmet creations" thread... as for your work, uve gotten alot done... and it looks great! i like the sizing for the torso, once you put padding in youve got a perfect fit! i havent seen any updates on ur carter helm though? im sure its coming out as well as the rest:) keep up the good work!!! Id love to see this finished:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back