CEREAL'S - Mk VI Comprehensive WIP **(With Videos)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated on youtube and in your video thread you made, thank you so much dave for making these videos. They are truely great. I have learned quite a bit from them, especially ur most recent one. Thank you again! Kep up the great work man.

UPDATE - Information on new thread...

I'm posting this update to let anyone who is interested know that I have gone and created a new thread in the "Armor Related Vidoes" section. The thread is a collection of all the videos that I have made. They can now be found in one easy to find place!

Here is the direct link: CEREAL'S - Making Master Chief **A Step By Step Tutorial (My Way)**

I hope they are useful tools for those in need!

Dave/Cereal

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE!

Ok, here we go!
Video update #5 is up. I will upload some pictures tomorrow of the current progress.

Making Master Chief: Episode 05 - Working On Small Areas & Building Detail.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBkYrYsjA0&feature=plcp

The chest plate is basically finished. As stated above, pictures will be up tomorrow. All that is left to be done on the chest plate is:
  • Sand & Prime
  • Final Fine Detail Work
  • Battle Damage
  • Neck Seal

The last two items in the list above will be covered in the next video.

As usual, comments/questions always welcome!
Until then,
Dave/Cereal

This is the most awesome epic build since Longshot-X, the (almost) immortal embodiment of the chief himself!

Seriously, this is an inspiring thread. I just skimmed through bits and pieces of it, and it has gotten me thinking about starting up another spartan build. Very excellent job. Amazing. And the videos are most awesome as well.

Loving the new video Dave. Watching them makes me wish I had the time for this kind of build. We need to get them stickied.

Excelent work as always.
Tom.

UPDATE!!

Ok, I've been delayed in posting any update info, but now I'm free so here we go!

Here are some pictures of the progress...

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

Now that I know that all the symmetry and rough detail are good to go, did a sanding with 220 grit and applied some primer.

DSC_0683.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0689.jpg

At this point, the front chest plate is basically done. All that is left is a final sanding to get rid of any imperfections and then muck up a perfect surface with battle damage! :)

The only thing left to do, other than that... Is the neck seal (sigh)... what to do, what to do... Haven't decided what approach I will take as of yet, but it isn't something that I "must" decide now.

Next I will be purchasing some hardware to re-join the two halves of the front and back plates. Apply them and finalize the joining areas and of course the battle damage on the right chest. Which there will be a video to cover it!

Well, that's about it for now... Let me know what you think about how the chest came out. As usual, any questions/comments/critiques are always welcome!

Till next time, ;)
Dave/Cereal

SEEEXXXXYYY!!!
Exceptional work sir.
I really can not wait to see the whole torso finished. Seeing the video of how you got here gives it that little bit something extra.
There is something about the helmet and chest that stand out above the other armour parts.

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

symmetry!!!!!! I love it, so awesome how you keep everything so symmetrical, the OCD side of me loves it haha. I want to see more!! haha.

Looking sweet, Love the detailing that went into that front chest plate. And as for the vid...well let just say It was so good that I link'd it on my page 4 as an answer to most How-to questions. :D

We need to get the video thread Stickied they are the most detailed I have seen and show what has been needed to be visually explained.

Looking fantastic as always.
I never understood what people meant when they said to use superglue, but your video really helped me out. I've been able to smooth out the top shell of my needler thanks to you. I really am looking forwards to your insight on cleaning up the join areas on a piece you've cut in half, as I'm going to be doing that pretty soon myself, always best to see what a master does before wrecking my own work!

Thanks a ton for the great tutorials, and the chance to see pro work.

SEEEXXXXYYY!!!
Exceptional work sir.
I really can not wait to see the whole torso finished. Seeing the video of how you got here gives it that little bit something extra.
There is something about the helmet and chest that stand out above the other armour parts.

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

Thanks Tom!
I agree, The Helmet and the Torso are my favorite parts of the build too... that is... until I start the arms... then I'll probably love them just as much! lol ;)

symmetry!!!!!! I love it, so awesome how you keep everything so symmetrical, the OCD side of me loves it haha. I want to see more!! haha.

symmetry... Yeah, I'm a stickler about that too :)
Would drive me nuts any other way!

Looking sweet, Love the detailing that went into that front chest plate. And as for the vid...well let just say It was so good that I link'd it on my page 4 as an answer to most How-to questions. :D

Lol, thanks thorn. I've always found the whole torso "lacking" for some reason. Upon close inspection, I've found several things that are not there, that in my opinion, should be there. There are going to be "Mega Changes" done to the back piece! I'm simultaneously excited and dreading it as it's going to be a crap load of work!! :( :)

We need to get the video thread Stickied they are the most detailed I have seen and show what has been needed to be visually explained.

Thanks again Tom,
At the end of the day... if it get's stickied... it get's stickied.
If not... then we're just gonna have to make sure that people keep posting to keep it on the main page!! ;)
All said and done, it's up to the powers that be.

Keep up the great work man, its wonderful and teaches a lot :)

Great to hear!
It's why I've created them!

Looking fantastic as always.
I never understood what people meant when they said to use superglue, but your video really helped me out. I've been able to smooth out the top shell of my needler thanks to you. I really am looking forwards to your insight on cleaning up the join areas on a piece you've cut in half, as I'm going to be doing that pretty soon myself, always best to see what a master does before wrecking my own work!

Thanks a ton for the great tutorials, and the chance to see pro work.

Yup, super glue is a big help with paper craft!
Glad to hear that I was able to help out with your needler project!
Yeah, I think a lot of people get stuck with re-connecting the front and back chest. It's the whole point that I will be including it in a video.

Thanks everyone!
More to come soon!
Dave/Cereal.

Dave, first off. Kudos on a build that made it into the elite section with one completed piece. I dont think ive seen that in my time here. Well done. Even if you never finish the suit wow.

Secondly man ive gotta say im lovingthe way you update. I thought i got some wonderful ideas from longshot or kevin, but you sir have given me a few more that no one else here has used. I especially love how you use the heat side of the bondo to your advantage. Loving the helmet, may need to take some of these skills and try them out on my suit. Anyway man all the best
Keanu or Runcornstuntman whichever you can say

Dave, first off. Kudos on a build that made it into the elite section with one completed piece. I dont think ive seen that in my time here. Well done. Even if you never finish the suit wow.

Secondly man ive gotta say im lovingthe way you update. I thought i got some wonderful ideas from longshot or kevin, but you sir have given me a few more that no one else here has used. I especially love how you use the heat side of the bondo to your advantage. Loving the helmet, may need to take some of these skills and try them out on my suit. Anyway man all the best
Keanu or Runcornstuntman whichever you can say

Hey Keanu,
Thanks for the ego boost! ;)
Rest assured, the suit will be completed! There should be no thoughts otherwise. Happy that you could learn something new from my build. I guess I've done some bondo pioneering. lol. Anyways, "to help" is what this thread was created for :)

Cheers,
Dave/Cereal.

haha,
I will be molding the helmet within the next couple of weeks. :)

Sorry for the delay all! I've been sick for the last few days and it's been difficult to do much. But there is video episode 6 in the works which is 1/2 done and some updates will be coming in the next day or so!

Till then,
Dave/Cereal

couple of weeks huh, so that gives me some extra time to put in at work while waiting for that beauty. and cant wait to see what miracles you've pulled off with that back plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back