Charity of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually red cross is really good to soldiers, they provide great care packages family support and blood drives. When something bad happens in a soldiers family the red cross usually can get that message to the soldier faster than the chain of command and get him home regardless of where he is. alot of the money the red cross goes into family readiness programs and family support groups.

not saying you shouldnt donate care packages or to children, just saying the red cross is a really good organization to us.

thefreeman said:
actually red cross is really good to soldiers, they provide great care packages family support and blood drives. When something bad happens in a soldiers family the red cross usually can get that message to the soldier faster than the chain of command and get him home regardless of where he is. alot of the money the red cross goes into family readiness programs and family support groups.

not saying you shouldnt donate care packages or to children, just saying the red cross is a really good organization to us.

The Red Cross is simply a relay system for active duty personal when something happens in that persons family, they contact your chain of command who then gets you home the Red Cross doesnt accually get involved in transporting you home. Im not saying that they are a bad charity or anything, far from it, they do alot of good for active duty military and I am thankful for that (I come from a long line of Navy vets "6 years active duty myself") if you want to make care packages and stuff to send overseas or donate your time then yes Red Cross is the way to go, Unfortunatly in my experiences with them donating money was not. This is because when my family donated money they wanted to know where the money was going and how it was going to help the troops, Red Cross's answer to them was "It was put into a central fund to continue our cause" which to me was unacceptible.

like I said, this was my personal experience

Last edited by a moderator:
thisismadness2 said:
homeless children
Supporting poor bolivian children in bad living conditions, I give 50 every month, maybe it was 100....I cant remember, I just auto do it.

But since we cant all head to bolivia, I think we should go to the childrens hospital in our town and go visit some sick kids, no helmets on please, the helmets would scare the kids. Only teens would think the helmets would be cool since they probably know about halo unlike small 5-6 year old children.

I think like doing something for the troops or so would be a great thing to do, and would bring more prestige to our forums from just gratitude. If we all donated towards a project, then sold the final result to make money for a charity or so, then I think that the public reaction would be very pleasing, as well as the fact that we'd be doing a great thing.

I have to agree with Ironcobra. Any charity. I hate having to choose who to help. It just doesn't fit me, personally.

Games Addictions Anonymous, anyone?

No, in all seriousness, I'm a lot like Cylos. Having to choose who to help is far too hard for me.

However, I'm hoping to have my MJOLNIR done by June so a couple of friends and I can do the Walk for MS in full costume. If anyone ever wanted to donate to that, it's easily done.

I agree...though I don't know if they will recognise us or not. Most of the veterans I know aren't in to video games. Oh well, its the thought that counts, right?

Kaya Tetsu said:
I agree...though I don't know if they will recognise us or not. Most of the veterans I know aren't in to video games. Oh well, its the thought that counts, right?

depends, old veterans? no, new veterans? yes. halo is a staple of deployments. if theyre in a place where they can play a game, believe me, halos on the list.

I feel that both or some middle line drawn for this... not really of choice but for real reason... i think Kids and younger ages ie 10- 28 will enjoy halo more than Vets that are 30-40.. I know some of the Vets at the Military hospital Walter Reed... they have gaming nights with halo so its not all a bad idea.... but these are the younger ... also I had a friend spent a lot of time in the hospital due to transplant... Kids like this or kids in similar reasons why not see there Hero's? so I would love to do both not because we can't pick both but... they are both dear to my heart and the idea ... I know there is things to be worked out by what the 405th will do ...but ... i think in general we have pointed out these 2 as a big deal... As to picking a charity... i don't fully get what you mean? are we going to have fund drives is that what you mean... because we could just yearly drives for a select topic...this is useful for the account that things change as ex. Katrina .... as well as these visits we can do drives... or this is what i thing... but also... note taht I turn 18 this weekend...so I can really vote my thoughts here... right?

we need to do an international charity. one that anyone here should be able to access, no matter where they live. so i'm kinda leaning towards the red cross/cresent(depending on where you live and where the aid is going)

AoBfrost said:
LETS GO TO IRAQ FOR A VISIT

or our local military deportation facility....thats alot safer and closer.
we dont have 5 million dollars, frost. o_O of course if we sew bill gates :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back