Props CNC'ed halo reach rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweetness, thanx for the reference pictures, i need more. this will help out a lot.
now im just waiting for the package

Wait, did you just call me sweetness? I like you fine Link, just not in that way! Lol, Don't let the name fool you mate.:p

When are you going to get your hands on this beauty Link? And what can we expect from the finished casts that are for sale in the classifieds? :D

I've been wondering where to get access to a CNC myself but I've always herd companies wont do the service if it's copyrighted material like Halo.

ummm...that came out the wrong way, but its all good.
my really job i work with a lot of not so straight guys but there kool

well yoda sent it out on monday so its in the hands of the post guy so im hoping soon. i dont want to make any promises on what i have in-store for this bad boy

got the ar in yesterday...pictures taken from the crappy iphone camra
theres tons of work to do on this bad boy.....lots and lots of sanding. the mag needs to be abit taller, might look at my mag fr my old ar. theres some detail thats missing so i'll be adding those in. the ar needs to be a bit wider so the counter can fit in its place (need to order a counter from Dustin Westaby) so it can be fitted with his counter kits
reachar5.jpg

reachar4.jpg

reachar3.jpg

reachar2.jpg

reachar1.jpg
http://evilmonkeystudios.net/reachar1.jpg

by the prophets! thats probably the best Reach AR I have seen yet! thats outstanding! I will totally shoot you an E-mail down the road when I am interested in buying a cast, (if I had to guess by the other posts you are only selling them to infantrymen, so I will have to wait for that I guess) at the moment, I am just curious of what the price is going to look like.

this is looking really good man i guess you will be at dcon this year right??? we should get together and hang out... talk halo

I also would like to know a price

but I am just really wanting a shotgun more than anything els so just let me know if you are really considering making one :$

Man I can't wait until this thing is castes and sent out. What kind of time frame are we looking at for people that have already ordered and paid?

im not going to be at dcon this year :(
selling this alex is on it, but havent seen much money sending my way......dont know what kind of time frame im looking at, been busy with some orders i had to get catch up on

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING, it looks awesome, my AR came out terible compared to yours, nice job :D :O

...theres tons of work to do on this bad boy.....lots and lots of sanding. the mag needs to be abit taller, might look at my mag fr my old ar. theres some detail thats missing so i'll be adding those in. the ar needs to be a bit wider so the counter can fit in its place (need to order a counter from Dustin Westaby) so it can be fitted with his counter kits

Link, I'm currently revising my original blueprint to make it closer to the Bungie blueprint and to make it more build friendly. Any new dimensions you come up with that are practical for the build, like the extra width to allow for ammo counters etc, I'd greatly appreciate if you could let me know (you should be able to email me via the link in my profile). In turn if there's anything you'd like drawn up to assist with the build -like the mag to whatever you deem appropriate dimensions- I'd be more than happy to help.:)

i think dustin counters are under an 1" i believe. the mag im going to be using my old ars mag design

Link, this is amazing! I know it's a REALLY crazy question to ask, but I might be able to get in touch with someone who is a professional with using CNC machines, and if you and everyone who worked on the project was okay with it, could I possibly have access to the files so I can give it the the guy with the CNC machine? My dad and I have both been trying to find a fun project to do, and originally I was thinking about a scrap build (which would turn out pretty bad most likely) but after seeing this, and the contact (I mean we'd most likely just go to an auto shop he knows and pay them to help us) I was really inspired.
Bottom line: Can I possibly have access to the files? I know this is a ridiculous, possibly rude even to request, but it was worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back