1st Build Crafting my first O.D.S.T

DireRaven

Greetings people!

Here's a bit of story time for those interested, haha.

The first time I ever saw an O.D.S.T was in Halo 2 during the Drop on Beta Halo and I was in Awe since then, I dreamt of wearing one of those armours.

I never dared to jump into cosplaying since I found it to be a scary endeavour and trying it alone seemed like something impossible, that is until
I had the chance to talk to a 405th member by pure chance! When I mentioned how much I wanted to wear one since my childhood he offered to teach me how to build one instead of me buying a pre-made one from him! (Honestly, I love how he decided to help a fellow fan live his dream by making me craft the armour instead of just taking the money, Dunno if it sounds weird).

Anyway! Slowly but surely I'm making it, I don't have a lot of free time at the moment so here is what I was able to craft so far!

-The basic Harness is done, I'm starting my work on the extra stuff going on it + the belt.

-I will update this Thread whenever progress is made

Attachments

• ODST.jpg
    ODST.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 34
  • ODST2.jpg
    ODST2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 28
  • ODST3.jpg
    ODST3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 29
  • ODST4.jpg
    ODST4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 29
I’m super excited to see how this build comes together, especially when you mentioned you’ll be possibly doing a Shep from ME color scheme !! Such a good crossover!

Greetings fellow Helljumper!
Your progress is amazing.
I'm excited to see the final results.
I'll be watching this build.
Good luck on your endeavour.

Feet first into awesome here! Your build is looking great so far mate, can't wait to see another completed odst out an about. Best of luck with it.

Greetings fellow Helljumper!
Your progress is amazing.
I'm excited to see the final results.
I'll be watching this build.
Good luck on your endeavour.
Feet first into awesome here! Your build is looking great so far mate, can't wait to see another completed odst out an about. Best of luck with it.
Glad you too likes my armor so far !

I'm about to start the fore arms and those looks complicated haha!

Glad you too likes my armor so far !

I'm about to start the fore arms and those looks complicated haha!
I found the forearms annoying. I had to modify the templates as I went. Made them a little easier to work with.

Last edited:
I found the forearms annoying. I had to modify the templates as I went. Made them a little easier to work with.
Regarding the modification. did you change it to bend using 25 /45 degrees angle?

That,s the biggest question i have so far on this piece, I feel like just bending it would be weird, but cutting 25/45 degrees would make it look super blocky! T.T

That's so awesome that you found a mentor! And that's looking awesome, way better any foam work I've been able to do thus far.
Thanks it means a lot !

Lookin sick, I haven't seen any info on you scaling your armor? Other than wearing it, how are you making sure it fits you?

Lookin sick, I haven't seen any info on you scaling your armor? Other than wearing it, how are you making sure it fits you?
I'm using the model from Armor Smith then I send the measurements to Pepakura, print the pieces and assemble them real quick with scotch tape to measure the length :p

It worked until the forearms, for some reason the lengths are perfect but the Width is too big... And if I change the width then the length is too short... I'll probably cut some pieces off to make it less bulky
(Pics under the post, since a picture is worth a thousand words haha)

Attachments

• 433746276_1335804303765862_347222848946407626_n.jpg
    433746276_1335804303765862_347222848946407626_n.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 433848054_1513724962508282_191158359109173266_n.jpg
    433848054_1513724962508282_191158359109173266_n.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 12
Took longer than I wanted, but I finally made the forearm!

I'll probably redo the elbow protectors at some point.

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_4febc199-386b-466b-a1f5-c4ae625446dd.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_4febc199-386b-466b-a1f5-c4ae625446dd.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back