York D029

Hey yall!
I have paused my master chief armor build for a bit, mostly because i want to do a simpler project to get familiar with foam, but also in the wake of helldivers I want to make a cool armor set! dont worry, ill come back to master chief eventually but i didnt trust myself to do a build like that without gaining some experience first. : )

Last edited:
1708991625766.png

heres an inprogress pic of that helmet print, 2 and a half ish days left

Depending on how long you're planning on working on this, the Galactic Armory guys have said that they plan to release at least one full armor set.
I just started painting my Champion of the People helmet last night, though I don't intend to go further than the helmet.

Depending on how long you're planning on working on this, the Galactic Armory guys have said that they plan to release at least one full armor set.
I just started painting my Champion of the People helmet last night, though I don't intend to go further than the helmet.
thats cool! will they be unfolds of the files or just print models?

They mostly only do 3D print files, so I wouldn't expect any foam patterns. Though since you already have the membership, you could use the models to get the dimensions you need for your foam pieces and make a pattern that way.

They mostly only do 3D print files, so I wouldn't expect any foam patterns. Though since you already have the membership, you could use the models to get the dimensions you need for your foam pieces and make a pattern that way.
i might just do that, thanks for the heads up :)

oh i didnt know that, thanks! ill check that our : )
Just so you know, Armor Smith is a paid for program (about $40 if I remember right). But it gets upgraded often to fix bugs and with new features. The privateer guy that originally made it was a costume maker and was fed up with Pepakura. It's well worth the cash as it's a great program

Just so you know, Armor Smith is a paid for program (about $40 if I remember right). But it gets upgraded often to fix bugs and with new features. The privateer guy that originally made it was a costume maker and was fed up with Pepakura. It's well worth the cash as it's a great program
Ive heard a lot of people talk about it and everyone says that its amazing. thanks for the heads up ill check it out when i get into the armor : )

i think i printed this too big and i have a bit before the galactic armory b-01 tactical armor models drop so i think im going to reprint and use this one as a sanding/painting tester and give it to a friend who is also possibly making armor

Attachments

• IMG_6814.mov
    3.9 MB
sand time! decided this helmet and maybe all the armor will be for a friend :) im just doing it for practice and experience. will be using the extra filament to print a helmet for an upcoming project

Attachments

• IMG_6885.jpeg
    IMG_6885.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
first time ever finishing a helmet, spray paint job was very messy bc of the poor taping and accidentally using grey paint instead of primer (which caused that cracking effect). All in all for my first time ever spray painting, sanding, priming, and finishing a helmet in general i think i did a decent job

Attachments

• image_2024-03-11_154842391.png
    image_2024-03-11_154842391.png
    357.2 KB · Views: 174
  • pic1.png
    pic1.png
    445.8 KB · Views: 145
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    361 KB · Views: 297
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    369.3 KB · Views: 172

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back