Daflea's Cqb Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
LastSpartan said:
You'll have to teach us how you do not to have any pinholes, that's awesome!

Pinholes??? Are you talking about voids Bondo can leave behind...

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
Yeah well small air bubbles or scratch in the bondo ^^

Well I didn't get any air bubbles until I started the Rondo method adding the detail layer. The strip along the lower rear of the helm is full of them and will require a lot of spot putty. Other than that I work the scratch out moving from one area to another.

Also I am working with 100 grit sandpaper and not 60 to smooth out. 60 is nice to get the surface down quick but leaves a mess behind.

Doug

Makes me want to salvage my Cqb. and other random helmets I haven't finished :p

Nice job so far.

EDIT : And if I had to throw out a guess at what the white stuff on the helmet is, i'd guess styrene. If it is, what thickness are you using?

Dark Rogue said:
Makes me want to salvage my Cqb. and other random helmets I haven't finished :p

Nice job so far.

EDIT : And if I had to throw out a guess at what the white stuff on the helmet is, i'd guess styrene. If it is, what thickness are you using?

You are correct the white strips are styrene .030 x .188 two strips laminated togeather..

Thanks for the comment..

Now I just have to wait for xmas so I get my two weeks off from work so I can put some real time into the helm...

Pretty sweet helmet you got goin' there Daflea.

Is the visor going to be flat or is it going to be a dual visor like in the game.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

ACDCrockr209 said:
Pretty sweet helmet you got goin' there Daflea.

Is the visor going to be flat or is it going to be a dual visor like in the game.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

I will probably go with a dual layer... I'm still a bit away from that point but that's the game plan for now..

Thanks for the comment..

Doug

godsarmor said:
haven't you gotten any more progress done on that helm if so upload some pics im eager to see it complete

I put two hours into it today so not worth posting any images....

I do have a request for fellow armor builders... I am looking for better reference pictures of the CQB. I have to images located at the Wiki, but there missing the clarity of detail I am looking for...

ummm wish i could help but i can record CQB armor in H3 but i cant take pictures tell me if its ok and i will make a vid

godsarmor said:
ummm wish i could help but i can record CQB armor in H3 but i cant take pictures tell me if its ok and i will make a vid

I need a good close up of the rear of the helm. It appears that there are two sets of what appears to be vents. Also better detail of the three rounds do hickies on top.

Daflea said:
Thanks for the pics but they don't show the detail I'm looking for..

Th Do-hickies have a slice out of the lower round area that I would like to see better. Also the rear area with the vents create some interest for me on how the vents are formed.
Take a looksie at Sigma-LS's CQB build thread and Flying_Squirl's CQB thread, Sigma tells a breif summary on how he did the do-hickies, and FS shows the vents really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back