Desert OSDT custom variant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the redaction for OPSEC! Suit looks awesome. Welcome back.

Redshirt
There really isnt anything behind the marks thats opsec that isnt on the news. Better safe than sorry is all.

great job on the armor. on a side note. thank you for your service. most kids grew up with superman or batman as a hero. mine were soldiers, so that makes you one of my heroes.

Thank You.

Nice armor, but quick question did you use smoothcast 300 for the inside?
I used epoximate for 2 coats on the outside and spray adhesive to tack the fiberglass to the inside then coated the fiberglass with epoximate.

Your build looks amazing, very proffesional.

Glad you made it home safely unfortunetly I get to replace you as I prepare for my third rendezvous with destiny.

Hopefully its not to late but if it is oh well.... I've seen some people (not from here) take a cloth material with there pattern or picture and use epoxy resin to glue the cloth to there project, applying it almost like fiberglass. This gives a similar look to fiberglass or carbon fiber when its dry but with the pattern you want.

Just a thought.

Spc. Chris Finley
5-101

I've seen some people (not from here) take a cloth material with there pattern or picture and use epoxy resin to glue the cloth to there project, applying it almost like fiberglass. This gives a similar look to fiberglass or carbon fiber when its dry but with the pattern you want.

That's a great suggestion. If you go that route, you might want to use a small amount to the clear epoxy resin to do the job so you don't get a color shift from the amber polyester resin, then coat the whole thing with the best quality clear flat finish you can find.

Redshirt

Now that the site doesn't seem to have malware, i can get back to updating this. I have been doing a lot of sanding and bondo on the helmet. Ill get some pics up soon.

Now that the site doesn't seem to have malware, i can get back to updating this. I have been doing a lot of sanding and bondo on the helmet. Ill get some pics up soon.

Awesome,
welcome back.

Redshirt

2012-11-04145352.jpg

Just a quick update incase anyone cares. I have been busy with post deployment stuff and a Pregger wife. But I have been slowly working on this and a few other projects.

Welcome back, (some fobbit comment). 89D here. The buckets look good, and a few shots on patrol in the ODST armor would have been interesting. Once I'm done with mine I'm planning on messing with one of our CRT teams during a training mission. We had a zombie attack on one of ours, almost decked one of them when he came around the corner at me.

Update on progress.
Chest and back of Hugh Holders Torso are fiberglassed. I have to smotth the inside down and trim the excess of the edges and figure out a way to keep them together. I was thinking of magnets but i might go with Velcro. I hope to have them connected and attach the chest piece and test fit with helmet and some colors painted by sunday night. Stay posted. Should start taking shape soon.
544799_3549134960969_1050422510_33309462_2112698403_n.jpg

Sorry to dbl post, but I was slowly going through your thread and I have to know... where did you get the Boba alarm clock?

I have neglected this thread for awhile since the site was down and all but i have been slowly working on this kit. Thanks for the welcome back and the Boba clock was sent to me while i was overseas. I think it can be found at a Lego store, target or even Amazon.com. I will get some current pics up soon as i get a chance. Busy week for me.

Yes! I've been awaiting the return of this thread.

Redshirt

I have been spending my evenings working on a side project and havent made any recent progress to the ODST. I will get the pics updated real son, hopefully this weekend. I will also add some pics of the side project, maybe ill do a new thread to show some of my past, current and future projects and add the link. Yea, thats what i will do. should have it posted by sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back