Destiny Warlock Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a bind? Nah, the fact that you put these together in the first place is simply stunning and awesome! They always say good things come to those what wait anyway! :) Plus, seriously, we all have lives outside this(even if we wish we didn't sometimes lol). You're work is phenomenal nonetheless and you deserve nothing but thanks!

So, a certain idiot couldn't figure out how to put on a helmet...nights been me lol. This bigger fits great now that I've figured that bit....prolly gonna just use Velcro to put the back panel back in place (lazy, plus most of it is gonna be covered by the massive collar on the trench coat) in the final painting stages as it were....just waiting on the black to dry to clean off the Vaseline and do the last bit of touch up....time to start working on the light systems and voice changer now....then pad the helm. Yay pics:
IMG_20150611_203738.jpgIMG_20150611_203748.jpgIMG_20150611_203802.jpg
[Also, dry brushed with silver to give the wear on it since I'm rocking metal colors.

And let there be light:
IMG_20150612_002052.jpg
Light system for the rear of the helmet. Also: first electrical project, ever. Learning lots a new stuff....kinda exciting lol.

So an electrocution and a few soldering burns later the lighting system is nearly done....have to get a new rocker switch to finish it though, the second one I ha e is faulty. Plus finished the painting.
IMG_20150613_001815_BURST002.jpgIMG_20150613_001842.jpgIMG_20150613_001842.jpgIMG_20150613_001849.jpg
[Thousand pardons, there are a couple pieces of text yet too...think I'll get a paint marker for that though. Anyways, getting close: finishing the lighting and voice changer, installing them, padding the helm and marrying the two pieces back together are all that's left!! Then the ghostie lol.

Thanks demonkiller! Hopefully I'll have some more pics here in a day or so....need to get a couple last things to finalize the helmet. Then I should start posting progress on other areas of the build....thinking gauntlets next.

So...Been a coupla minutes. Kinda been taking a break, stressful work and all....just had to take some time to go alien hunting in Destiny lol. Update: remaining and building ghost shell. Should be bonding by tomorrow hopefully. And painting throughout the week as I get time.
IMG_20150624_230607.jpg
I borked a few lines on the orig...and like a fool forget to even fab the plates for the vanguard style variant...now it's all new and improved!

Also, on the gauntlets: making them from eva and hit a snag. That is to say I hate razor blades, they cut dirtier than I'd like....and heat knives can be spendy...so solution: make a heat knife. I have the goodies, just been to lazy to actually go build it (this is when a videogame crafting system would be nice in real life lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back