Dimsum's 1st ODST Build [Pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimsuminab0x

Hey guys, this is my first ever Halo armor build attempt. This is going to be my official build thread for my ODST armor. Comments and critiques are welcomed! Thanks for taking a look!

ODST Helmet by Hugh Holder:

30j77dt.jpg

oe81k.jpg

ODST Shoulder + Bicep by Hugh Holder:

1zx1gtt.jpg

That's very clean pepping, although it looks like you may end up needing some bondo on the roof of your dome where you've used your thumb to press the tabs together. Doing the whole suit I hope?

That's very clean pepping, although it looks like you may end up needing some bondo on the roof of your dome where you've used your thumb to press the tabs together. Doing the whole suit I hope?

yeah, the helmet gave me a bit of a hard time since you built the helmet in small pieces then you glue them together, some of the pieces didn't fit together perfectly so i had to force it to stick. I also noticed that the helmet game out a bit narrower than from the in game picture so i used a small wooden bar to widen it a bit.

Thanks for all the comments! I appreciate it!

looking good so far man keep it up and if you need any advice on an odst shoot me an email......

My Build Update - 20110814

Chest by Kirrou:

2crr3ma.jpg

Chest by Kirrou + Abdominal Plates by Hugh Holder:

2iw63w7.jpg

Side Hip + Front Hip + Belt Buckle by Hugh Holder:

2u6e3qw.jpg

That's all the updates for now... I was thinking about replacing the stomach plate with Kirrou's version you think it'll flow better? I'm planning on making another ODST helmet using Kirrou's pep files so stay tuned! Enjoy and comment! :)

Sweet build. Did you use Kirrou's pep for the helmet. I did and your helmet looks a little different than mine. Definitely pepped better than mine. Plan on doing an ODST build after my mk V. Anywho, keep it up and keep posting!

not for the one in the pictures...for that helmet I used Hugh Holder's pep files...I was thinking of making another ODST helmet but using Kirrou's Rookie Helmet instead

Hey 405th a quick question...I just started adding resin to my pieces, I have leftover fiberglass cloth laying around...I was thinking about resin both inner and outter side of each piece, once those dry then adding fiber glass and a coat of resin again to the inner side of each piece. Do you recommend fiberglassing the pieces or would resin be suffice?

Hey 405th a quick question...I just started adding resin to my pieces, I have leftover fiberglass cloth laying around...I was thinking about resin both inner and outter side of each piece, once those dry then adding fiber glass and a coat of resin again to the inner side of each piece. Do you recommend fiberglassing the pieces or would resin be suffice?

You actually have to fibreglass or otherwise harden your models. A few coats of resin alone won't suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back