Props DogWizard Gravity Hammer build *FINISHED WITH PICS* Added 2 more*

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off i would like to say, you are amazing. second, would you recommend a gravity hammer for a first build, and third, about how much resin did it take to create this beautiful masterpiece?

first off i would like to say, you are amazing. second, would you recommend a gravity hammer for a first build, and third, about how much resin did it take to create this beautiful masterpiece?

Thanks!

This is one of dogwizard's kits. I don't know if he'll ever sell anymore in the future. As for a first timer's build? No. It was challenging enough for me and I've been doing some of these types of things for quite awhile. This is definitely the largest prop Ive built, and the size alone is what makes it difficult to work with. So I don't want to discourage you from anything, but this kit was definitely not an easy build. I don't know exactly how much resin he used, but it was a lot lol

-TC

So, I'm moving into my new apartment this week. I would like to mount this up on a wall! How do you guys think it should go??

So, I'm moving into my new apartment this week. I would like to mount this up on a wall! How do you guys think it should go??
Always keep in mind the practicalities of mounting something this end-heavy on a wall...I'd say just hang it straight up-and-down, with the head up, if possible.

Wow, tubachris, you're gigantic.
With that hammer in hand i can just see how well you would do in brute armor..
Ever thought about doing any?

Wow, tubachris, you're gigantic.
With that hammer in hand i can just see how well you would do in brute armor..
Ever thought about doing any?

A brute? I think I pondered it once, but I'd need to make it similar to how a chewbacca suit would be made. Remember, brutes are supposed to be up to 12 ft tall.

Ive actually wanted to make the brute chieftan headpiece as a wall mount w/ a "50 cal" hole in it...

here's a question that ether you or DogWizard might be able to answer.
i've been thinking about doing a hammer build for a long time now. i'm only confident in my peping skills. so i was wondering if you think that the pepakura hammer look possible to build. chances are i'd use the sliced blade.

by the way, very nice job.

here's a question that ether you or DogWizard might be able to answer.
i've been thinking about doing a hammer build for a long time now. i'm only confident in my peping skills. so i was wondering if you think that the pepakura hammer look possible to build. chances are i'd use the sliced blade.

by the way, very nice job.

I don't see why not. I'd make the main details out of the pepakura, but for say the main body, go with PVC tubing. I don't think it's impossible, but I can imagine it being a pain to build...

I was actually thinking of using a wood pole considering that PVC lies to flex a lot the longer it gets. Or is that not an issue with this weapon?

Oh it flexes, trust me. But it depends on how heavy you make the top portion. If it's incredibly heavy, you'll want PVC cause it can flex, where wood would typically buckle and snap if it is too heavy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! It's so awesome. very WELL done

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! It's so awesome. very WELL done

LOL Thanks! I just have to be careful now that I don't smack my head on it when I stand up from my desk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back