Emile Foam Build-- NO PEPAKURA

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right. The base waist armor is complete. Needs a little editing/sanding and turned out a bit more like MkVI than Reach, but I like it. I used parachute buckles to make the 2 pieces detachable and easy on/off and hid the break under the little side pouch thingies that look cool but serve no purpose in Halo or IRL(XD). There are 3 things I'm worried about:
1. Attaching the grenades.
2. Gumming up the buckles during painting.
3. Flattering myself(lol).
Pictures!

The pieces:
mms_picture_1 (13).jpgmms_picture (59).jpg

Wearing it:
mms_picture (60).jpgmms_picture_1 (14).jpg

Wish me luck getting it done by Saturday! The con starts then! Until then, happy building!
-TBB

Looks really good man. Kudos to you. Did you save any of the temples? You should for future references.

Looks really good man. Kudos to you. Did you save any of the temples? You should for future references.
I kind of saved a few. For the most part, I don't really use templates unless it's for something fairly sensitive. I could recreate them fairly easily if you want them, though.. Though I might not be able to provide exact proportions/dimensions :)

Massive update time! I finished the grenade attachments and the knife attachment mechanism. I also got the waist sanding and paint done, save for the detailing. Lots of pictures, incoming!
Grenade attachments(Pre-rubberbands as a method of attachment)// Wearin' it(front)// Wearin' it(Back)
mms_picture (61).jpgmms_picture (62).jpgmms_picture_1 (15).jpg
Attachment components// Sheath on// Wearing it with the knife
mms_picture_1 (16).jpgmms_picture (63).jpgmms_picture (64).jpg

Everything is coming to fruition! Mwahahahahaha!
2837453-good_good.jpg
All right! Happy building y'all!
-TBB

Okay.. I finished the helmet but it's total crap due to being built around the visor. Visibility is fair given that most of the visor is either etched or painted over. I need to sand and pad it, but here it is:
Side:
mms_picture_3 (6).jpgmms_picture_1 (17).jpgmms_picture_5.jpg
Back:
mms_picture_2 (12).jpg
Inside:
mms_picture_4 (1).jpg

BONUS PICTURE: New armor ability-- Swag!!
mms_picture (67).jpg

Full suit pics later, con pics after the weekend! It's this Saturday and I'm getting up at 4 or 5 to drive from the SF Bay Area to Reno! Happy building yall!
>>>TIME UNTIL DROP: 31:31:27, 26, 25...\\

Yall?.......Pacific?........huh.........Looking great so far. Have fun at the Con.

The con is really cool. Cold, actually. I have not been roasting at all in my undersuit. Left the bay area around 5:15 in the morning to get to Reno. I don't usually post from mobile, but if you want to see the pix a day or two early then my Instagram is swaglock_brolmes. More later! Happy building!
-TBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back