Fallout New Vegas Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
k_kid4life ummm I got the files from Nexxt he made them, so just ask him, cuz I think I forgot where the link went haha

and, I finally restarted the mask part, and it's going perfect!!

1299291384.jpg

haha it's not much, but I just want to keep you guys updated, and plus it's feting a lot warmer, so once this baby is done I'll be resining in no time! :)

Nexxt I just hope mine comes out like yours! haha but I guess I'll put another update of my work.

1299360351.jpg

I just now have to do the hard part for me.. hope I don't screw this one up..

alrighty.. update #2: finished mask, I am now done with all the folding crap, next up is resining! yay

1299377865.jpg

1299378798.jpg

I just need to get some resin! whoooo!!! haha

okay. So the weather has been warming up and everything so i have decided to put some resin on all my parts.. anyway heres some pics!

P1020917.jpg

just some of the stuff i have used i have also used my heat gun just a little to boost the speed of the curing time...

P1020918.jpg

just barely resined pic:).. anyway hope you guys enjoy it so far.

Really good job on the pepping man, but do yourself a favor and buy a respirator with carbon filters.

yeah i figured.. haha cuz the one that i used sucked major @$$ but yeah man i am planning on getting one for when i start sanding this thing. Thanks for your help bro

Anyways i have some more WIP pics.. so hope you enjoy.

P1020934.jpg

P1020923.jpg

P1020924.jpg

P1020926.jpg

P1020927.jpg

P1020928.jpg

P1020929.jpg

P1020930.jpg

P1020931.jpg

P1020932.jpg

Now i just have to glue all the peices together in their right spots then resin it over once more.. and finish the inside of the helmet.

k, well sorry for the double post, but does anyone know where to get pep files for the armor for this? ive seen them but i forgot where they were..

I was just going to eyeball mine - do up the shapes on cardboard, then transfer them to foam and cut them out. Figured this would be the best way to make it fit me properly. I haven't seen any peps for the body armour at all.

what type of foam is the best for it?

update: i have been working on putting the peices together, then doing another coat of resin over it while its all together, then do a coat of primer then sand the peices so they are nice, then start bondoing.. does that sound like a good idea? any suggestions?

thanks

K sorry for the double post but this is an update.. :)
I started putting the prices together.. The filter is a pain in the butt as it's still not wanting to stick to the helmet.. Haha well here is some pics. Hope u guys enjoy:)

image-16.jpg

image-15.jpg

image-14.jpg

-Mangoes7

good work but i never liked that pep file imo it looks like something is not quite right about it but hopefully you fix that and what you actually found pep files for the chest if you find it again please put i link it would save me so much time

good work but i never liked that pep file imo it looks like something is not quite right about it but hopefully you fix that and what you actually found pep files for the chest if you find it again please put i link it would save me so much time

Yeah I have found some things as well that are not right, but I am trying to fix them, it looks like crap right now but maybe after all the parts are connected and some bondos on it'll look just fine:) oh and one thing that bothers me about it is that the helmet fits me perfect, but the hole to stick your head in is a bit small so I'll probably have to fix that:)

Mangoes7

the helmet fits me perfect, but the hole to stick your head in is a bit small so I'll probably have to fix that:)
Mangoes7

I had the exact same problem, had to leave a chunk out of the back and I have to sort of slide it over my neck and then up over my face, rather than down over my head.

i cut that back piece off and im going to reattach it later with some velcro just so i can pull it off when i need to

i cut that back piece off and im going to reattach it later with some velcro just so i can pull it off when i need to

That's a pretty good idea, idk if I'll try it but I'll end up doing something with it:)

Update: I finished fiberglassing the inside of the helmet, and put a coat of primer on it. The mask section will be a trick for putting fiberglass in the inside.

Mangoes7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back