Fallout New Vegas Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
k i have a few more pics to add.. Hope you guys are enjoying the progress so far:)

Helmets ready to be sanded down..
P1020961.jpg

Inside of helmet.. pretty hard now:)
P1020964.jpg

Mask part.. still needs to be fiberglassed..
P1020960.jpg

more mask.
P1020958.jpg

More "More Mask".. lol
P1020957.jpg

just a question.. what do i do to the inside of the helmet? or what should i do??

- Mangoes7

just a question.. what do i do to the inside of the helmet? or what should i do??

- Mangoes7

Well I've recently completed a ranger helmet and I'm doing some padding now . my helmet was pretty snug but I found some really flat foam to keep it from scratching my ears up . I'm not sure where you could get some good foam at but if you could tear up an old matress pad or something that would probably work. If your asking about the visor i would look for some red or orange skiing goggles and find a way to tint them ( put a piece of plastic with nitshades behind it or try using some of the design masters metallic paint ) . I went with the deisgn masters paint and it makes everything look foggy but it really makes the color of the visor stand out . if you can find an already tinted red visor that would be the best choice.

Well I've recently completed a ranger helmet and I'm doing some padding now . my helmet was pretty snug but I found some really flat foam to keep it from scratching my ears up . I'm not sure where you could get some good foam at but if you could tear up an old matress pad or something that would probably work. If your asking about the visor i would look for some red or orange skiing goggles and find a way to tint them ( put a piece of plastic with nitshades behind it or try using some of the design masters metallic paint ) . I went with the deisgn masters paint and it makes everything look foggy but it really makes the color of the visor stand out . if you can find an already tinted red visor that would be the best choice.

Man I've seen your build, it's amazing!! Lol but yeah I think I'll just look for an already red tinted lens if I can lol, but do I fiberglass the inside of the mask part? Or somethin else?

Man I've seen your build, it's amazing!! Lol but yeah I think I'll just look for an already red tinted lens if I can lol, but do I fiberglass the inside of the helmet? Or somethin else?

yes that is what you do . There are alot of tutorials on how to do so if this is your first build . be sure you do this before you start sanding or something is gonna snap .

yes that is what you do . There are alot of tutorials on how to do so if this is your first build . be sure you do this before you start sanding or something is gonna snap .

Thanks sikaxis, I will do that then start sanding everything till they are rounded and smooth.

sorry guys for not posting any progress lately, it is because i haven't been able to do much because of the bipolar weather here :( but oh well lol well anyways i have a small update for you guys.. i have started to sand the helmet.. free handedly, as my dremel i have is a peice of crap lol i need a new one, i am just sanding the main little edges so the bondo process is a little easier, but any ways here is a picture.

P1020981.jpg

Edit:
after i finish sanding this baby i am going to do something off of the to-do list:
-buy bondo (haven't had time really).
-rondo the inside of the helmet.
-make a new filter from sintra board (like the one nexxt made).
-1 more layer of resin on mask/tail section.
-fiberglass the inside, or rondo, or both, the inside of the mask/tail section.
-resin small peices at least once more.
-make a accessory from two washers.
-start sanding mask/tail section till pretty smooth.
-primer all peices AFTER all steps ahead have been finished.
-start bondoing/rondoing/detailing peices.
-......... We'll go from there:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: I put another coat of resin on the outside of the mask/tail part to strengthen it a bit more. I also bought bondo and I think since the mask tail section will be a little tricky to fiberglass it, that I am just going to rondo the inside of the mask part. I will put some fiberglass strands in the mix of rondo to make it a little more stronger as well. After I've rondoed and stuff I'll post some more pics. :)

Update: wow!! Haha sorry for the quadruple post but it is another update. I rondoed the inside of the mask section, I also put a layer of rondo in the helmet section as well so that it's not ugly looking and to make it a lot stronger. I also started putting bondo on the outside of the helmet. I still plan on uploading pics soon. Any suggestions feel free to criticize or whatever lol

I cant wait for this build to be all peiced together, and I think the file you are using are probably the most accurate! Keep up your good work.

hey guys it's been awhile. sorry i have been way busy. i haven't done much with my helmet, but when i do something major i will post some pics.

Sorry for the HUGE delay! I had some work that I needed too do. But.. I know about the rule about not replying too a thread that hasn't been used in awhile, but I don't want to start a new one! Anyways.. I've done a bit of work, I bondoed all the pieces. I haven't gotten around to detailing all the separate parts yet. Once I detail all the parts, I'm going to fit the pieces together with probably screws and such. I have all the little parts done, except the filter! As I'm going to make a much more accurate one using sintra board! sorry for the lack of pictures lately as well! I don't have a camera at the moment, but once I get another one, I'll put some pictures of my progress!

i have been saving up for an m4 and bought one. so thats gonna be one of my props for this for sure:p ill post pics of it when i put up my progress pics up.

hey good to see everyone is getting back on track if your wondering where i went i too was very busy, i should have some pics of my helmet monday i would like to see yours too
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back