Fancy A Free Visor For Your Helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

009 SPA

Today I went into a motorbike shop (Infinity motorcycles, York), and asked if they had any individual visors for sale, just to find out about them. The shop assistant I asked got interested in what I was making, so I told him that I was making a helmet for a school project, which is true. He showed me to a store room and said I could have any old visor I liked, for free. It turns out that a law was changed a few years ago which prevents motorcycle shops from selling visors, so many stores may have piles of unwanted visors which no longer fit new helmets. I've ended up with two large silvery reflective visors to use on my suit. I thought that this may interest some of you who are making a low budget suit or something; it's definitely worth looking into.

I'm new on the forums, so if this is in the wrong place, please let me know.

Thank you sooooooo much, I thought I was going to have to shell out 30 bucks on a visor:

CHOCOLATE_CHIP_COOKIE.jpg

A cookie for you :D

009-SPA said:
Today I went into a motorbike shop (Infinity motorcycles, York), and asked if they had any individual visors for sale, just to find out about them. The shop assistant I asked got interested in what I was making, so I told him that I was making a helmet for a school project, which is true. He showed me to a store room and said I could have any old visor I liked, for free. It turns out that a law was changed a few years ago which prevents motorcycle shops from selling visors, so many stores may have piles of unwanted visors which no longer fit new helmets. I've ended up with two large silvery reflective visors to use on my suit. I thought that this may interest some of you who are making a low budget suit or something; it's definitely worth looking into.

Hmm, I see visors on the shelves of my local stores all the time, this law might not apply to where I live, but nonetheless I'll check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wasp said:
Thank you sooooooo much, I thought I was going to have to shell out 30 bucks on a visor:

CHOCOLATE_CHIP_COOKIE.jpg

A cookie for you :D

That is one big cookie. Great find. I might try this.

I guess we will have to get them off of you UK guys then! LOL maybe you could be the licensed visor dealers for the 405th US division! :p

Sorry for the bump, or whatever it is that you say here, but I went in to the shop again to see if I could get some more. I'll try and get quite a few so I can take pictures for you. I'll update when I go in on Monday.

The law states that you're not allowed tinted visors, but clear replacements are fine, as far as I'm aware. Although I'll look for clarification.

009-SPA said:

does this apply anywhere in the uk? as i am liveing in the nottinghamshire area and have not yet installed a visor to my helmet, i do not want to have to keep paying if i mess up shaping it =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back