Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, hard to go slower? Well, soon it'll be a year when I'm working on it. :p

Oh nice! You're doing Master Chief too! :D Yay!

Nothing wrong with that lol It's looking good so the time is worth it.

XD I wish! Nah, I'll be doing a custom paintjob on the armour for this one and then the Chief's armour when I'm a bit more confident with it.

Nothing wrong with that lol It's looking good so the time is worth it.

XD I wish! Nah, I'll be doing a custom paintjob on the armour for this one and then the Chief's armour when I'm a bit more confident with it.

Oh nice! It sounds like fun! :D
Good luck.

Well if you decide to use the foam later on, attaching velcro might work.

I'm not a fan of velcro. :/
It will stand out, it's bit thick... I'd rather go with magnets instead of velcro.

Only problem with that is that velcro isn't extremely secure.

Well, it doesn't have to be secure, but velcro is bit thick, so it would be rather visible. :/

Some things I ordered arrived today! I ordered some buckles, etc. to attach the chest parts together! :D
So, I used it as an excuse to start working on it try to attach them both together.

In the photos below nothing is permanently attached, it's very loose and not finished, but I'm very happy with the progress.

I still have to small things to harden that will go to the rib-area, but for that I have to finish this step.

DSC01034.JPG

Not finished, but it looks so much better than the tape, haha. :D
I was planning to do some foam underneath the buckle, but to be honest I like how it looks.
Earlier I was thinking either to do foam on top of it too, but I think if I just paint it nicely, the buckle might look perfectly fine.

DSC01038.JPG

Heh, new Profile pic and name tag. :) Love the first picture. You're standing there like "Tadaa ..." :)

I wouldn't change much either regarding those buckles. They fit the picture fine.
I even know at least one person first hand (*cough*) who added non-functional buckles on the top/outside of his armor to mimic the functionality of the buckles that they had placed in the inside of the armor.

This is looking AMAZING!!!! Cannot wait to see this beauty finished. Those paint jobs are awesome!

Heh, new Profile pic and name tag. :) Love the first picture. You're standing there like "Tadaa ..." :)

I wouldn't change much either regarding those buckles. They fit the picture fine.
I even know at least one person first hand (*cough*) who added non-functional buckles on the top/outside of his armor to mimic the functionality of the buckles that they had placed in the inside of the armor.

Aye! Haha, changed for fun. ;)

Oh, do you mean Lazarus and his 3D printed Fred armor?
Ugh, was it Lazarus? Or someone else? Someone glued the buckles partially in the 3D printed armor...
I wanted them rather to be more practical, so I can move them around.
The straps won't stand out as much however, just a little bit so the buckle may move, but not as much as in the picture. :)

This is looking AMAZING!!!! Cannot wait to see this beauty finished. Those paint jobs are awesome!

Thank you.

... it was part of my "MKVI repairs and upgrades" program I did on my suit after FACTS. No need for specifics. Just added some stuff that I either didn't think off before or I lacked the time to implement for various reasons.
But yeah, I'm terrible. Just rub it in. I deserve it.
Maybe there's a job opening at Oni for me. :D

... it was part of my "MKVI repairs and upgrades" program I did on my suit after FACTS. No need for specifics. Just added some stuff that I either didn't think off before or I lacked the time to implement for various reasons.
But yeah, I'm terrible. Just rub it in. I deserve it.
Maybe there's a job opening at Oni for me. :D

Oh nice! What did you have earlier, that you changed it to buckles? o.o

Alright, I have finally permanently attached the buckles. I have to sand them a bit, because I have forgotten to cover them up with something, so they got messy and I'll have to make it all pretty anyway.
ALSO, I wanted to test how some parts look so far, especially the undersuit with the armor parts. Pretty good.
The only thing - I'm wearing the right shoulder instead of left - I have to sand it a little bit as there are some fiberglass "needles" sticking out and I didn't want to risk ruining the suit.

While nothing is permanently attached, I think the undersuit looks pretty good. :D

DSC01051.JPG

Still have to secure the chest on the lower area.

DSC01052.JPG

Back. Like I said, nothing is permanently attached and I can't see behind my back, so sorry for... well, the parts not being straight.

DSC01053.JPG

Well, as for the rib-area in the chest piece. I was waiting, because these little pieces shown just below go straight on top of these parts. Before doing anything permanent I really wanted to figure out HOW to attach these "covers".
I was thinking on options for quite some time. BUT, today laying in bed I was finally illuminated.

rib.JPG

I'm planning to do magnets on one side and then I'll do an elastic loop on the other side. It should work perfectly as it will be secure - it won't fall down anytime, but it will sit also in one place thanks to the magnet.
AND when I have to open the buckles, I can just slide this cover away to get to the opening area.

Earlier I was thinking of permanently attaching the "cover" to one side, but then I thought it won't work because I'll get hardly any access to the buckle I need to open/close. I wasn't trusting magnets, because with some sudden movements it could fall off... so, a "loop" should do perfect for safety and I can always slide it and remove it when buckle is open. :D

Below you can see the two big dots are magnets and the red line is a more elastic loop that will go over the chest piece.
On the right you can see the insides - the buckle, then the pieces together and on top of it the cover.

rib2.JPG

NOW I can finally harden the pieces, haha.

ALSO, with the latest Halo 5 update I've seen the most beautiful AR and Magnum weapon skins... I kinda fell in love at the first sight.
I only regret they did them for AR and Magnum only and not for all weapons...
LOOK!

arpistol.JPG

MA5D

ar1.JPG
ar2.JPG

M6H2

pistol1.JPG

They look SO pretty. I love the red accents. SO pretty. And the colors are still gray-ish. While doing the eagle-logo might be very hard, I think I'll personally swap it for a stripe like M6H had in Halo 4, but I honestly think these skins are very very pretty. Was running still with the default skins, but I've changed them immediately after I unlocked these. (yes, having unlocked almost all weapon skins I still run with default ones...)

Its looking great!! I love those ar and magnum skins they're wicked! The armor is really coming together now!

All of that looks really good. The detail is crazy and your pieces look really solid. but I cant get past the undersuit. I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back