Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo... As an update... Things are slower, because it's cold again, it's raining the whole time and the roof is still renovated. :/

So - it's cold, I can handle it. It rains - I CAN'T HANDLE IT.
It rains - I can't work on sanding, because I can't sand anywhere than outside, and when it rains... well... me sitting on the grass and sanding doesn't work. -_-
Roof being renovated - while it's cold, there is NOTHING to get the house warm and it's getting cooler and cooler, lol. I'm literally sitting under the blanket. I don't really care as much as I care about the raining part. <_<

Soo... As I did the buckles for the shoulders, I finally started hardening the covers for the lower area. I didn't do buckles yet, because I want to add magnet first, then cover it with the buckle and strap.
I worked on the idea how to secure these covers - I'll use 2 elastic straps to keep them securely on the armor and not having to worry that it could fall off.

ALSO, one forearm is going really good with sanding! :D Shoulder pieces are hardened, just the trap-door part to do.

Just wanted to share it... because I'm frustrated with kind of lack of real work. v_V

PS. I don't want to spoil something, I've been working on something for a longer time and if it works out, I might finally show you something of that secret project. I didn't want to share it, because it once already went sidehill and it completely broke apart, so if I'll succeed and finish it, I'll share it. :D Kind of pumped.

WP_20160517_21_55_16_Pro.jpg

Hah, thought you might of gotten another one. Since the other one was broken. I'll wait patiently.:angel

It wasn't really broken, well, I just had to bond two 3d printed pieces again. There was a moment where I needed money quickly, so I sold it.
If everything goes alright, I might share it in the next few days. :D

would it be the M6? I do recall you getting a Boomco. Did you modify it?

would it be the M6? I do recall you getting a Boomco. Did you modify it?

Nope. :D
I have these, but I didn't install magnets yet - searching for stronger ones, so no progress there. They are modded only, but painting these won't take long anyway.

You're killing us by not saying what it is! Please just end the agony and tell.

But really nice work as always.

You're killing us by not saying what it is! Please just end the agony and tell.

But really nice work as always.

I know, I'm evil, buahahaa.

But... I can't keep it in secret anymore, so... here it is.

DSC01076.JPG

DSC01074.JPG

It isn't finished yet, but I already primed it - tomorrow I'll get the black paint and finish it.
BUT, it's kinda convention-friendly - it's very very blunt and there are not sharp edges at all, as you see it's very round.

Well, I'll be honest, after the first FAILED attempt at the knife I was discouraged of sharing ANYTHING about me working on the knife, in case if I'd destroy it again.
That first attempt broke, because I was stupid and I put magnets too near each other and when the knife fell to the floor - it broke, because the magnets were pulling each other apart.

That's why I thought I'd rather work in shadows on it and share it only if I'll get it done properly. (took few tries at pepakura to get it best I could, it isn't perfect, but it's best I could do)

So... yeah. OH, AND I said goodbye to the magnets - I'll make a sheath out of foam and it'll be a lot better solution, and a lot safer, it won't fall off if someone would accidentally touch it, right?

(broken knife on the left)
DSC00573.JPG

PS. I just seen Captain America: Civil War and WOW I'M HYPED! It was SOOOO GOOD. @_@

That knife looks so good! Really great work.

And it goes without saying but the whole suit is looking fantastic. Well done. :)

I'm sorry if I missed it in your thread, but what is your process for weathering? I really like how it looks. My armor is white and the standard methods of weathering that I've seen are just a bit much. I like yours :)

I know, I'm evil, buahahaa.

But... I can't keep it in secret anymore, so... here it is.

View attachment 27317

View attachment 27315

It isn't finished yet, but I already primed it - tomorrow I'll get the black paint and finish it.
BUT, it's kinda convention-friendly - it's very very blunt and there are not sharp edges at all, as you see it's very round.

Well, I'll be honest, after the first FAILED attempt at the knife I was discouraged of sharing ANYTHING about me working on the knife, in case if I'd destroy it again.
That first attempt broke, because I was stupid and I put magnets too near each other and when the knife fell to the floor - it broke, because the magnets were pulling each other apart.

That's why I thought I'd rather work in shadows on it and share it only if I'll get it done properly. (took few tries at pepakura to get it best I could, it isn't perfect, but it's best I could do)

So... yeah. OH, AND I said goodbye to the magnets - I'll make a sheath out of foam and it'll be a lot better solution, and a lot safer, it won't fall off if someone would accidentally touch it, right?

(broken knife on the left)
View attachment 27316

PS. I just seen Captain America: Civil War and WOW I'M HYPED! It was SOOOO GOOD. @_@

HA! I WAS RIGHT!!!!! Looks great !! Good work and I cant wait to see it painted!

Dang, can't even tell that it was originally a pepakura model! Swear, it was 3d printed, or somethin. Nice job on the knife!

It was... but with a lot of sanding, LOTS of sanding. Originally in the pepakura model the handle (in the end I used V2 version of the knife pep model as it had less parts and they were better for the blade) is ergonomic, but thick, and well, with this lot of sanding I made it bit thinner. Sits nicer in the hand.

But yeah, it's not perfect. It isn't 100% straight everywhere, but I'm fine with it.

I'm sorry if I missed it in your thread, but what is your process for weathering? I really like how it looks. My armor is white and the standard methods of weathering that I've seen are just a bit much. I like yours :)

I'll be doing a tutorial soon - I'll be off for a week now, but beginning of June.

HA! I WAS RIGHT!!!!! Looks great !! Good work and I cant wait to see it painted!

Yeah, you were! I didn't expect that, hahaha. :D
Thanks! I'll be painting it today. :D

of course he was right........when you throw a bunch of darts at the same time at a board........at least 1 will stick........;) Knife looks Fantastic. You have so much talent for this its truly amazing. Or is is amasing? I no long know if I have to use an S or a Z in places anymore.......

It was... but with a lot of sanding, LOTS of sanding. Originally in the pepakura model the handle (in the end I used V2 version of the knife pep model as it had less parts and they were better for the blade) is ergonomic, but thick, and well, with this lot of sanding I made it bit thinner. Sits nicer in the hand.

But yeah, it's not perfect. It isn't 100% straight everywhere, but I'm fine with it.

I'll be doing a tutorial soon - I'll be off for a week now, but beginning of June.

Yeah, you were! I didn't expect that, hahaha. :D
Thanks! I'll be painting it today. :D

Did you do the shoulder and hip pads by hand or is there a file for them? I found the cod piece. Also, is this the wetsuit you used?

http://www.amazon.com/NeoSport-Wets...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

This is some of the best work I've seen by the way. Incredibly detailed and video game accurate .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back