Status
Not open for further replies.
yes Death, thank you

scout shin plate.
original untouched
scoutshinoriginal.jpg

back area original
scoutshinoriginalback.jpg

everything high lighted was heavily modded, well actually a lot was modded but not as heavy as the highlighted areas, some for fitment some for looks. the knee area was intersecting with the shin so I assumed that it is supposed to be one piece so I mesh welded it together. If some one wants it separate let me know or modd it if you know how. thanks

scoutshinheavymod.jpg

scoutshinmod.jpg

scoutshin.jpg

scout left side
http://www.mediafire.com/?7le44avoqa2qd53

copyright Microsoft, 343, etc, non profit only

Thanks for those files Crimmson. That scout chest is a nice addition, a lot of scout fans out there...

Also, PIONEER! ERMAGERD. I love that thing. It'll be made by me when it's done. hehehehehehe

Speaking of "making"... I might try that Mantis. Challenge accepted?

Also... can't wait for the soldier chest.

Again, thanks for your work. Quailty is top notch.

Ah well, that's ok man! I'll probably just sculpt it, when I get around to making it! At the moment I'm working on making a 1:1 scale promethean watcher, just for funsies! Might go well for when I get around to making the Didact! :D

If you want, I can post the files as I unfold them! :D

thank you Death.

Thanks for those files Crimmson. That scout chest is a nice addition, a lot of scout fans out there...

Also, PIONEER! ERMAGERD. I love that thing. It'll be made by me when it's done. hehehehehehe

Speaking of "making"... I might try that Mantis. Challenge accepted?

Also... can't wait for the soldier chest.

Again, thanks for your work. Quailty is top notch.

thank you Harry. the pioneer will probably need to be restarted due to it needing a lot of heavy mods to look right, I might as well start over. the mantis isn't mesh welded yet, so good luck on that but I do hope to see it built. and thanks for watching.

Ah well, that's ok man! I'll probably just sculpt it, when I get around to making it! At the moment I'm working on making a 1:1 scale promethean watcher, just for funsies! Might go well for when I get around to making the Didact! :D

If you want, I can post the files as I unfold them! :D

Sure thing Daschlenn. maybe later on the road the faces from h4 will be available to us.

here is the scout thigh plate. it is heavily modded , check it oooouuuuttttt.

original untouched
scoutoriginal.jpg

mesh welded and modded by me
scoutthighplatenew.jpg

scout left side, unfolded by me
scoutthighplate.jpg

link thingy:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3akmp1c4chjczjm/scout_thigh_plate.pdo

thanks for watching. if the mods I made aren't liked just let me know and I will try accommodate you as much as possible. thanks again

copyright Microsoft, 343, non profit only

For titling accuracy, the 'Scout shin' is actually the Outer-Plated shin. And while it definitely looks good, I'm fairly sure that the knee piece needs to be separate from the main body of the shin piece.

You're far outstripping my work on these files, though, I may as well give up xD

I love the work, but man is your avatar giving my whiplash!
sorry about that, I will try and find a new one

For titling accuracy, the 'Scout shin' is actually the Outer-Plated shin. And while it definitely looks good, I'm fairly sure that the knee piece needs to be separate from the main body of the shin piece.

You're far outstripping my work on these files, though, I may as well give up xD
I will rename it, and see about the knee and shin.

Another step closer to completing the scout set! Keep it up Crimmson! Doing good work here!
thank you

here is the butt plate, I don't know what else to call it, I can call it other stuff but I will get in trouble, butt plate is funny enough.
scoutbuttplate.jpg
not much changed except the little piece on the side and moved the vertice in the middle in, it would have.... interfered in certain places, yeah that is safe enough to say.
link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kfzig7vrquzc0eh/scout_butt_plate.pdo

ok I will go back to working on the soldier chest now, enjoy

Noo I was just kidding. Wear the avatar you like. I just was leafing through some of the thread and wanted to make a joke. If you like it, absolutely keep it, I don't hate it.

See above - that plate is still a part of the Outer Plated set :p

I still get cornfused as to which armor goes where, but I sure do like them. thank you

Noo I was just kidding. Wear the avatar you like. I just was leafing through some of the thread and wanted to make a joke. If you like it, absolutely keep it, I don't hate it.

don't worry it was starting to annoy me too.

ok so the soldier chest blanked me off last night so I took another break from it so I modeled this overnight. the pictures used here are the reference I could find.
DESTINYDUKE.jpg

DESTINYDUKE2.jpg

DESTINYDUKE3.jpg

DESTINYDUKE4.jpg

DESTINYDUKE5.jpg

all done for now.
DESTINYDUKEFINAL.jpg

and of course the pep test to check for open edges etc.
DESTINYDUKE6.jpg

destinyduke7.jpg

destinyduke8.jpg
I purposely left the trigger unmodeled

so what do you guys and gals thinks
reference pics are from bungie destiny game. I modeled this one here.

played around with blender cycles, I feel I am getting better at it, not much though

in red
duke44.png
in blue
theduke44.png

nice models crimmson, i am almost certain that it has helped a heap of people with their builds.
quick tip for cycles renderer though, to reduce the grain in the render:
in the rendering properties, go to 'sampling' then turn up the amount of samples to at least 200 or so.
it will slow down the render a little bit, bit its worth it.

anyway great models, keep up the awesome quality :D
CrazyDav0

Also, in the roughness part of the glossy material, if you turn it down to about 0.05, it makes a smooth sort of reflection

I still get cornfused as to which armor goes where, but I sure do like them. thank you

It's fairly easy once you've gotten it down. The armour is split into the following components:

- Helmet
- Shoulders
- Torso
- Forearms
- Legs

The legs are all one piece. So, you couldn't, say, match the Outer-plated boots with the Inner-Plated legs and Bulk butt-plate.

nice models crimmson, i am almost certain that it has helped a heap of people with their builds.
quick tip for cycles renderer though, to reduce the grain in the render:
in the rendering properties, go to 'sampling' then turn up the amount of samples to at least 200 or so.
it will slow down the render a little bit, bit its worth it.

anyway great models, keep up the awesome quality :D
CrazyDav0

thank you, believe or not this thread was never intended to be a release of pep files thread, but a catalog of me learning how to model. this turns out good for everyone I guess. I tried the sampling tip and my comp had a brain fart

Also, in the roughness part of the glossy material, if you turn it down to about 0.05, it makes a smooth sort of reflection

I couldn't locate the button to click, this side of blender is still fairly new to me

It's fairly easy once you've gotten it down. The armour is split into the following components:

- Helmet
- Shoulders
- Torso
- Forearms
- Legs

The legs are all one piece. So, you couldn't, say, match the Outer-plated boots with the Inner-Plated legs and Bulk butt-plate.

ten four, I still don't know the names of all of the armor

You just keep getting better and better Crimmson, keep it up man :D

SETH!!!!! where have you been? I think I am burnt out on the armor side of it? I don't understand why I cant get the soldier chest to do what I want.

I find modeling weapons so..... soothing. he he he he . derp
check it out

what I started out with

red_death_desktop.jpg

destinyreddeath2.jpg

destinyreddeath7.jpg

destinyreddeath8.jpg

this is a better view.
destinyreddeath9.jpg

all together I have about 6 hours of work in this

wham

destinyreddeath.jpg

destinyreddeath00.jpg
still got some work left.
I only had one pic to work with so I took some liberties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back