First build: Foam halo reach custom spartan (probably Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By front plate I guess you mean the bit across the top front?
Basically on my current boots as rather than use a template I scratch built from ref pics, I saw that the front plate actually extends down to the heel so I made it with those extensions and attached it on to the heel allowing movement from the toe section still. My recommendation to you is just make that piece again and bigger so it extends that far. I wouldn't recommend just making some extensions for it because obviously the boot is under a lot of stress and the less joins the less chance for breaks.

Mike

Oh yeah man, attatching it isnt really a problem, i would just glue it in place and it would probably work just fine... I just want it to be removable, so that i can tie my shoelaces without that much of a hassle xD

Oh yeah man, attatching it isnt really a problem, i would just glue it in place and it would probably work just fine... I just want it to be removable, so that i can tie my shoelaces without that much of a hassle xD

i'm with ya! how about poppers or velcro?

"Originally Posted by RTWHOCKEY
Wow, this looks awesome! Great work!

Btw yay, more girls on the forums!!!"

"Hey now wait just a minute! xDD Long hair does NOT mean girl"

hehe i have the same problems some times people assume that im a girl from behind... i have really long hair though... and tbh i don't mind xD

anyway totally off topic for what i wanted to say :p

your work is great man totally convinced me that foam is the way to go for my first suit...

lol need to work out how to quote properly for next time :p

"Originally Posted by RTWHOCKEY
Wow, this looks awesome! Great work!

Btw yay, more girls on the forums!!!"

"Hey now wait just a minute! xDD Long hair does NOT mean girl"

hehe i have the same problems some times people assume that im a girl from behind... i have really long hair though... and tbh i don't mind xD

anyway totally off topic for what i wanted to say :p

your work is great man totally convinced me that foam is the way to go for my first suit...

lol need to work out how to quote properly for next time :p

Hey man! You just click the little speech-bubble icon when you make your entries!
It inspires me that i can inspire people! Foam is a really fun material, and thanks for the praise!
Its so cheap and easy to work with, just dont be too afraid of working outside of the pepakura models, since some of em requires a lot of modding xD
good luck with your armor! gonna be followin from now on ;)

Hmmm will let you know if I think of anything but right now I'm cramming for my RAF selection interview tomorrow so my brain is full lol

I haven't been posting yet, but I started following your thread about a month ago. You did an amazing job with the foam, Fuzz. I'm definitely using your build as a reference for my own. Keep up the good work.

-- Drake

I haven't been posting yet, but I started following your thread about a month ago. You did an amazing job with the foam, Fuzz. I'm definitely using your build as a reference for my own. Keep up the good work.

-- Drake

Hey drake! It's always cool to be an inspiration! :D
Best of luck with your build, will be watching it!

I'm sick of the spam bots going around this site, I have seen a lot of different accounts all trying to sell stuff no one wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back