First ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything .. including the foam armors are laser cut . yeah ive been doing that kind of visor lately . for example my destiny warlock and titanfall imc pilot

View attachment 16214View attachment 16215

I just started playing destiny, but I've never played titanfall.

The titanfall helmet looks boss. I can't believe you can do such great work with foam. I just could not get it.

Good job, it looks awesome!
Is there a pep file here for the destiny and titanfall helmets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am gonna assume CO2 LASER ? 40 watts or so ?W
anna trade a 3Dprinter for a cutter for a few weeks ;)

Are you using normal LEDs or SMT surface mounted ones?

Peter..

Is there a pep file here for the destiny and titanfall helmets?
Titanfall files are here and destiny is here .both are in 405th .. i scratch build most of my destiny armors tho .

I am gonna assume CO2 LASER ? 40 watts or so ?W
anna trade a 3Dprinter for a cutter for a few weeks ;)

Are you using normal LEDs or SMT surface mounted ones?
yeah . RECI is waaayyy to expensive. mine is 60w .. whyy ?? keep the 3d printer man . normal led . i hate dealing with puny smd led with fat fingers of mine . XD

O.K, that visor is far to cool to not explain (in detail) how you made it.

- is there a tutorial somewhere?
- did you free hand the hex detail?
- are there ways, other than lasers, to make it?
- how many led lights, what type, and where exactly are they positioned?

Clearly, people want to attempt that visor (o, and nice build!)

Wow that's looking phenomenal! you can really tell you know what your doing, it shows in your work.

I am actually doing my first odst build to and ive built everything but the helmet (all eva foam). Have any tips for the helmet?

i love how the helmet lights up and how its clear

O.K, that visor is far to cool to not explain (in detail) how you made it.

- is there a tutorial somewhere?
- did you free hand the hex detail?
- are there ways, other than lasers, to make it?
- how many led lights, what type, and where exactly are they positioned?

Clearly, people want to attempt that visor (o, and nice build!)
okay . i will make a tutorial about it once i finish with some commissions .

Wow that's looking phenomenal! you can really tell you know what your doing, it shows in your work.

I am actually doing my first odst build to and ive built everything but the helmet (all eva foam). Have any tips for the helmet?
thanks . i saw your build here and at 405th. for the helmet, just do the same like what you did for the rest of the armor just dont use thick foam. use 3 or 5mm foam. its easier to shape since ODST helmet has lots of curve.

Sick build dude. The helljumper logo on your chest, how'd you do the details on it? looks so good.

Man this is awesome! I love the fact that i was chatting with you earlier and didnt even know it lol.

thanks . i saw your build here and at 405th. for the helmet, just do the same like what you did for the rest of the armor just dont use thick foam. use 3 or 5mm foam. its easier to shape since ODST helmet has lots of curve.

Will it be sturdy enough? how does yours hold up? I just wonder because i planning to go to a lot of cons and I need something sold. Thanks.

Will it be sturdy enough? how does yours hold up? I just wonder because i planning to go to a lot of cons and I need something sold. Thanks.
i used 5mm for this one. its pretty sturdy enough. if its not study enough, i can put some thick craft wire in the inside and some casting resin. that usually works for me

Hi, awesome stuff, sorry if you've mentioned, but what templates did you use for the torso?

It looks almost like a custom template, or a modified version of Hugh's chest core. But I'm leaning towards custom.
Its a mixed of Kirrou and Hugh . some are modified.

UPDATE : 25 Sept 2015
I finally attached the backpack to the back piece. the connector/holder is 3d printed and then epoxied to the foam parts. i will attach screw to secure it further.
View attachment 17938View attachment 17939View attachment 17940View attachment 17941

Also , i printed a needler. wohoo !

View attachment 17942

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back