Flulia's Mark Vi Armor In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remraf said:
Yeah, I would -definitely- make a size tester first, rather than spend time on even a medium def model and have it come out the wrong size. Size testers don't take very much time to put together, and they are very much worth it.

Okay. well is there somewhere to find a low-def model of the armor I'm making? I think I'm going to make FS's MKVI HD chest. I think I've got it scaled pretty well, looking at the size measurements it going to be, I just want to be sure.

Also, I put up a poll :)
I know in the end, the color choice is ultimately up to me, but I wanted to get other people's opinions. My favorite color happens to be pink, but I don't think it's very appropriate to put on a Spartan haha. I really like gray but I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should do probably blue and tan.
I like the tan idea, but you should couple it with another color instead of being completely solid. (I'm planning on doing three colors)

I did a quick search and found this nifty little thing.

Halo 3 Character Generator

Like the link says, its a Halo 3 Character Generator. It allows you to choose from the many forms of armor that are available and color many of the different parts as you see fit. Its not the greatest tool in the world, but atleast it will give you an idea of what the armor color could possibly look like. Hope this helps!

Ice065 said:
I did a quick search and found this nifty little thing.

Halo 3 Character Generator

Like the link says, its a Halo 3 Character Generator. It allows you to choose from the many forms of armor that are available and color many of the different parts as you see fit. Its not the greatest tool in the world, but atleast it will give you an idea of what the armor color could possibly look like. Hope this helps!

Oh, that's awesome! Thank you so much! I've been looking for something like this, so I could experiment with possible color choices. I guess it didn't occur to me to do more than one color, haha.

I like these two possible color combinations:

pos.jpg

pos2.jpg

I like the blue and tan one again ^.^

Also to Ice065 - I'm going to use that generator too - Thanks for posting it XD

Yeah, that character generator is certainly a neat l'il thing to play around with :D heh

I voted for the standard UNSC Olive Green colour scheme for your Mk VI armour, but of course I'm a stickler for the traditional look. I mean, who doesn't want to look like the MC? :p lol

As you said though, ultimately the decision is yours. Even so, I'd agree with Evella that of the two you posted above, the Tan/Blue scheme looks really nice. Just so you know, even though "light-ish red" may not seem appropriate for SPARTAN armour, I know of two members here who chose that colour for thiers, and it turned out pretty well.

So, if you'd really like to stick with your fave colour, maybe that'll help to reassure you ;)

P.S.: For low-def Pep files, I'd suggest checking out the stickied threads in the "Pepakura and Cardboard Armor" sub-forum, under the "Creation Discussion" forum. There should be a low-def chest .pdo listed by JediFraz (it's in the tutorial posted by Frizzlefry). If you're looking for a very simple size-testing model, that would be it.

EDIT: What the hell... I might as well just post a link to the thread in question, lol: Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your MJOLNIR Armor hope that helps, girl!

Okay, well I've decided on an armor color, it's Ruby Wine. I love pink and I don't care what anyone says :p

So possible secondary armor colors:

Second1.jpg

Black (Yeah, it's steel gray but pretend it's black)

Second2.jpg

Aqua

Second3.jpg

White

Second4.jpg

Cobalt

Second5.jpg

Ruby Wine (Same as primary armor color)

So, after making two size testers for the armor I've finally started the HD MkVI. As soon as I get to a decent stopping point, I'll take some pictures for an update.

I vote either black or white- and don't worry Paris.. I'm using some pink too- though I'm not going all out like you ;)

anyway good luck. See you sometime after I get back!

well the voters want to see black, aqua, cobalt, and white? i voted white...

Also Some one else on the forums is making a pink spartan can't quite remember who cause im tired.

I voted 4 white :)
It's looking sweet :D
Yours looks EXACTLY the same as mine atm. lol
And once i put in the visor the crookedness kinda went away, but if it's still not right you can use electrical tape or any kind of tape to pull the brim or what ever may need it to the spot that looks right for when you fibre glass it or what ever comes first.

iizahsum said:
well the voters want to see black, aqua, cobalt, and white? i voted white...
Also Some one else on the forums is making a pink spartan can't quite remember who cause im tired.

I saw that BlacRoseImmortal was doing pink armor. And seeing how well hers was turning out kind of inspired me to do mine in pink. So far, it's pretty much been even on the voting. I'm leaning toward either black or white. Not sure, oh well, I'm going to get back to folding some more paper :)

EDIT:: Okay, so I'm not folding very fast. But here's an update picture of my armor so far :) I'm just going to keep updating this post until someone else posts lol.

Finished Helmet
DSCN2916.jpg

Chest Piece so far
DSCN2914.jpg

Another updated picture
DSCN2918.jpg

Photo update 1/13/09
Okay, I know these pieces look horribly crooked but that's because it's hard to hold them up with one hand :D

DSCN2921.jpg

DSCN2922.jpg

DSCN2923.jpg

You're doing a great job! To me the back was the hardest part of the torso. I'm currently pepping my handplate. I'll be posting progress on that as well.

Jessmo said:
You're doing a great job! To me the back was the hardest part of the torso. I'm currently pepping my handplate. I'll be posting progress on that as well.

Spawn Camp3r said:
looks good so far, as for the color I vote black and pink ;)

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm kind of avoiding doing the back of the torso because some of these folds are sooooo small. I think I might take a little break from that piece and maybe work on something else.

I'm not gonna lie. . . I'm a girl and we change our minds often. and I'm thinking about changing the base color haha. My boyfriend picked up some tan colored paint. I'm thinking about switching back to the tan color. Gah! So confusing lol.

Well, I've also random decided to switch from working on the torso to work on one of the shoulder pieces. After working on the torso for a while, I've gotten kind of frustrated with the tiny chest pieces so I decided to take a little break. Here's a pic of the shoulder so far :)

DSCN2925.jpg

Nice shoulder. Done with the chest? I say go with tan and pink. You can choose which is the primary or secondary. But in the end, go with what you know you would wear in the game. Its much more comfortable that way. Nice work!

Yeah, I think it would be kind of cool to wear pink but it's so not realistic or camouflage-y in any way.

I can see it now. . . I try to sneak by as a pink blur past a group of enemies. They look at each other like, "What was that?" "I don't know, it. . . it kind of looked like a Spartan." Yeah, but it was pink. Wtf?" Meanwhile, I've either gotten off a couple of head shots with my BR or tagged them with a couple of plasma grenades to the face.

I think that's the only way the color pink would be of any use haha.

But when I see the tan armor, I picture myself as the master chief. . . slinking across some sand dunes in the desert, kind of like The Ark level in Halo 3 (I think that's the one). Kind of hot inside the suit, sweaty, dusty, gritty. . . I don't know, but that's where I want to be.

EDIT:: And I'm not done with the chest, probably halfway through, I just wanted a little change of pace so I decided to build a shoulder really quick. I'll post a picture of it soon!

Or for distraction you could just try colors like Traffic cone orange or School bus yellow. Or if you really wanna go the distance, pink camo. =p

I finished one of my shoulder/bicep pieces. I had to scrap the last one because it was too small. Enjoy the pics!

DSCN2927.jpg

DSCN2928.jpg

DSCN2929.jpg

And who doesn't love a girl in some safety equipment? I'm a biochemistry major, so I already had the goggles. I also have a lab coat that I will be wearing. This is just a picture that my roommate took after I adjusted my respirator and checked to see if my goggles fit over it. I scared the heck out of both of my roommates when I walked out into the hallway :)

DSCN2926.jpg

I just got a whole bunch of stuff at Walmart, courtesy of a gift card from my Mom, haha. I got fiberglass resin, bondo putty, paint, sandpaper, etc. Now I'm ready to get some serious work done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back