Forerunner Armor, Has Anyone Made It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, coming from a guy that likes penguins I need a trip out to Meijers. Hopefully soon I can pick up some foam to start on a cheat piece. And add more detail to these arm pieces, there weapons right?

I agree with Weeds. If you look at where a wrist should be there are lines that shows that it might come apart there.

Well, coming from a guy that likes penguins I need a trip out to Meijers. Hopefully soon I can pick up some foam to start on a cheat piece. And add more detail to these arm pieces, there weapons right?
Yes, they are both weapons. The one on his right arm is like a rifle and the other is similar to a sentinel beam.

I think those arm pieces are weapons. very tightly conforming to the arm and hand of the user.
Yes you are correct, all Forerunner armor or "Combat Skin" literally builds itself around the wearer and acclimates to all the users needs. It also has a built in Ancilla, a blue A.I. that forms itself to the wearers liking. However the Ancilla is much more advanced than the Human A.I., and can live for thousands of years but is detained to the armor. It can access, practically anything. Eventually even the Domain, which is the gathered source of all Forerunner knowledge.

Someones been reading Cryptum I see, I'm only one page 46 right now. I looked at meijers but couldn't find what I was looking for sadly, looks like I'll need to do some shopping online and then I can proceed with building this.

Hecks yeah I've been reading it. :D
Sorry you couldn't find what you needed, hope you can online.
If you want I can help look online, unless you know where to shop, lol.

There's still a few places I can look. To bad they didn't just have it there, then I would have been set and already working.

I’m glad this thread hasn’t died; I really want to see some forerunner Armor. Again, once I complete my current projects I will be all in on this idea. I plan on making some reference sketches on the promethean concept shortly (different vantage points). Hopefully, you can give me constructive criticism and we can make sure that what I sketch are what we all agree would be what they look like. Anyways, awesome job so far on what you have built Mitch.

Thanks for helping keep it alive. I'm totally up for that concept drawing, Blackula. ^_^

Mitch, sorry you weren't able to find what you needed, just keep on keepin on.

Oh I will, and I shall not rest until my mission is complete! Thanks Blackula, it will be cool to see your pics for the promethean. To bad they never really made any pictures for any Forerunner armors except that one concept and what was in Halo Legends.

Yeah, I just finished Cryptum last week. It was awsome!

Back on topic: for the Promethean armor, I imagine the main body parts could be peped in 1/8" or 1/4" foam but, for the joints, my first thought was to make a soft flexing frame and cover it with spandex or something like it.

By the way, does anyone know when the Promethean concept art was made or found? also I just found this.
http://guyver89.deviantart.com/art/Halo-Meet-the-Forerunner-149272608 It's still the same stile of armor as in Legends but, It gives it a more layered look like what is normally done here at the 405th.

Which is sad, you would think that Bungie would have had more art of the ForeRunners since their so mysterious and popular amongst fans. Goods news is I found a few good deals on Amazon for the foam so now I just need to get some money and hopefully soon I can place an order.

Well, I’m not the best at drawing, but I took a crack at it. They look a little funny to me. Let me know what you think.

P.S. Sorry if they look stupid.

IMG_20110213_154502.jpg

IMG_20110213_154527.jpg

IMG_20110213_154654.jpg

IMG_20110213_154703.jpg

Those are really great, the only thing I can think of changing are the legs. In the concept art pic they look rather long but for a human those look great.

Thanks guys. @ Mitch. Your absolutely right. I was looking at it and couldn't figure out what was weird, but now its clear. Sometimes you need a fresh set of eyes. Ill try to make more pics later (Cleaner ones). Where my proportions are better. Thanks again guys.

They still look great though, human proportions. I'm thinking about using a modified elite foot styled stilt to add the needed size for the legs, it may make it look better but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back