Ghost Fett ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
3d printing is done now to glue, sand and paint the SMG

17744845-42AA-4971-8D82-34635D0D8308.jpeg

0E09CA1C-A98A-467F-803F-1AD31648C1E8.jpeg

So my worklist looks like:

Work on belt armor- work on drop cod armor( cut paint weather strap)
Attach strapping to thighs
Attach strapping to shoulders
Sand and paint smg
Attach back plate to belt

The weathering is dam good Ghost Fett!! You never described your method......care to enlighten the masses please?

Thanks man! I appreciate that! It’s no big secret. I used krylon metallic “brushed nickel” as the base coat. This is a pretty basic metallic silver. Then I used Dipicolor “gunmetal” on top of that. This is where most would use the toothpaste method or something like that but I found I didn’t like that method as much just because I didn’t have the control I wanted. I let the silver dry and then sprayed the gunmetal. The gunmetal is more of a sheen than an actual color so it dries over the metallic silver with a cool silver grey color. After that I did a basic black wash with black acrylic watered down in a cup, let dry a bit and wipe. Get that black into the cracks and seams. Then once that’s dry I took a paintbrush and with the same metallic silver as the basecoat I went over it topically with a very tiny paintbrush and did all the weathering by hand. After I did that topically I went in with black acrycil not watered down and did some black splatter detail here and there. That’s about it. :) mostly by hand!

Can’t believe this is your first foam build, insanely cool!
Man I really appreciate it. Just proves that you can do whatever you set your mind to. This project was an amazing opportunity to open a door into custom Eva that I’ve been really scared to try. With the dft files getting me started and learning some basic methods from his videos I was able to then go beyond his templates creating my own for the belt, ab, thighs straps and some other tweaks. It’s been a great journey. Now I honestly feel like I could try and do something more challenging with foam but I’m gonna get set for a combat drop for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back