H3 shedg's first build:scout helmet and SMG (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok today i resined my forearms inside and outside...tomorrow i will Fiberglass them.
after those i will start resin my helmet
CIMG1817-1.jpg

ok i resined the helmet inside and outside but the resin is strained out a bit and i must clean some corners
CIMG1818.jpg

i think it's coming out really good.and it's only my first project!

Ok after a little pause:
1)i have cut out the visor and wet-sanded the helmet so now it's ready for body filler!
2)i have bought a clear plastic slab and i made a template for the visor but how and with what can i paint it? please reply!
CIMG1827-1.jpg

CIMG1833.jpg

Ok i see my project aren't much followed but for the people who wait for my advance with the helmet and the rest i want to say:
I have abandoned the SMG project and i'm making the halo 3 AR and i will post pictures when i will finish to pepping it out because in this days i don't have time for this things.

The duct tape method is not a good method to use permanently all by its self. it is mostly something cheep that you use with something like paper mache that offers structure, but not rip/tear strength

thanks Jdosko but i was only worried because I thought it was not enough resin because here it's very expensive but i finished using resin on my helmet and i have still a lot of it!

today i have mounted the Transparent visor and i'm waiting for a spray who will make it mirrored and i make a little protection with paper tape for not scratch it while making tests.
soon i will start using body filler but i can't work for 4/5 days because i will go to a scholastic trip
CIMG1835.jpg

CIMG1836.jpg

CIMG1838.jpg

CIMG1839.jpg

as i promise i have the pictures of the AR!
i know it's only half of it but i will finish it really soon!
CIMG1846.jpg

CIMG1847.jpg

Hi! today i finished pepping out the AR i tink i will use resin ando bondo and then i will add the torch but i have a problem with the ammo display and the back of the AR(i only attack the big final piece with card dutch tape and i'm worried because i don't know how the resin will react with the card dutch tape...anyway her is a picture of the AR
CIMG1849.jpg

You're doing great so far, but as this is your first helmet I'll warn you, DON'T USE FIBERGLASS CLOTH!! It's messy and if it hardens wrong it can ruin your project, it's the reason I trashed my first helmet! Oh and I love your helmet choice, Old School Scout is the best :)

Tanks nayrdeath but I have already used fiberglass cloth in my helmet (but my project don't seems ruined) but what happened to your first helmet? as you can see it's the second time i pepped out the scout and i really don't want to do it three times!

Tanks nayrdeath but I have already used fiberglass cloth in my helmet (but my project don't seems ruined) but what happened to your first helmet? as you can see it's the second time i pepped out the scout and i really don't want to do it three times!

Please, call me Ryan lol. My first helmet was an EVA helmet, I used fiberglass cloth all over the inside and it wouldnt form perfectly to the inside of the helmet (hope that makes sense), so it was hard to cut through and to wear. That's why I junked it.

My helmet is hard to cut and wear but it's better of a breakable helmet! for the cut problem how can you see i successful cut the visor and i will cut out a little the "collar" at the bottom of the scout helmet for don't have wear problem so i don't think i will junk it but i will remember your tip if i will do another helmet!

Hi! today i finished pepping out the AR i tink i will use resin ando bondo and then i will add the torch but i have a problem with the ammo display and the back of the AR(i only attack the big final piece with card dutch tape and i'm worried because i don't know how the resin will react with the card dutch tape...

If I were you I would glue that back piece in, the tape adhesive will most likely fall apart when you resin it, once you do that resin the outside then cut a hole somewhere in the body and slush Rondo or smooth cast on the inside to harden it, then it should be hard enough to bondo the outside, check in my sig on one of the pages I have an AR that I pep'd and hardened it will give you an idea also there is a pic also somewhere in the thread were I show how im going to do the ammo counter........ good luck

Ok guys in this days it would have to arrive a spray for make the plexiglass visor "one way see trough"
i don't even begin using the body filler because i'm really really busy and when i have some free time i will at least finish pepping out the recon helmet i started....

today I have had some free time and i pepped the boots soon i will resin them and i think i will add some layer of resin to the forearms
CIMG2080.jpg

CIMG2079.jpg

ok i pepped the shoulder but i think it's again too small
CIMG2084.jpg

i made the hole in the forearm and i'm starting padding it and tomorrow i will made the second one
wath do you guys think? i must re-re-pep the shoulder or it's ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back