Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so let me get this strait you measure the chest plate by width not height? and this only will work with pep 3 for using width?

Hey, for anyone looking for more reference pics, I saw these renders linked from Rube's ODST thread. There's lots more if you go to the Flickr link.
2677505162_ccacd39c9e_b_d.jpg

2677505270_b010a49702_b_d.jpg

2677504566_71d81749b8_b_d.jpg

Hey guys!

I just finished assemblish Ral Partha's Unfolded Pep file, and it looks great! A few areas where deformations may become a problem, but I can fix most of them with scrap pieces of cardstock to act as stabilizers. Somehow, Ral Partha got the model down to just 2 pages, and very well organized (at 180mm height. I hope that's an ok size).

Anyways, here's the pictures I took. Enjoy!

Front View:
dsc03784medium.jpg

Front View Closeup:
dsc03785medium.jpg

Perspective View:
dsc03786medium.jpg

Text/Credits:
dsc03788medium.jpg

Back View:
dsc03789medium.jpg

The Curve:
dsc03791medium.jpg

The size is pretty good. Sorry about the glare. I used a little ducked tape to hold it there:
dsc03792medium.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so you know, the model was pretty fun to build, and very easy for the amount of detail (hmmm, according to FalseKnightmare, that must be a recurring characteristic with my models). A few areas have very tiny tabs, but cut them larger and attatch them after attatching all the big tabs. It's easy. Even the more difficult areas were pretty painless.

Now that I've actually started putting some pep models together, I can't decide whether to do the shoulder or a chest pouch to let people see how it looks. I think I'll do the pouch.

Looking forward to other people's pictures,

Shade

Sure. It's about seventeen inches from the outer tips of my shoulders. I stand at about 5-foot 4 (I know, I'm pretty short for being fifteen).

That's just for reference. The chest piece was printed at about 300mm wide, or about 11.9 inches. It's small enough to allow for some pretty easy arm movement, keeping in mind that it will be kind-of loosely strapped on, so it will be able to move an inch or more to the side.

I've finished scoring the 1-page Pepakura printout for the pouch. I made my own unfold just to make the job a bit easier. Here's what it looked like when I printed it out:

pouchunfoldingp.jpg

About to take a break,

Shade

Nightshade said:
Sure. It's about seventeen inches from the outer tips of my shoulders. I stand at about 5-foot 4 (I know, I'm pretty short for being fifteen).

That's just for reference. The chest piece was printed at about 300mm wide, or about 11.9 inches. It's small enough to allow for some pretty easy arm movement, keeping in mind that it will be kind-of loosely strapped on, so it will be able to move an inch or more to the side.

I've finished scoring the 1-page Pepakura printout for the pouch. I made my own unfold just to make the job a bit easier. Here's what it looked like when I printed it out:
pouchunfoldingp.jpg

About to take a break,

Shade
oh wow i just measured what you gave me and that thing is small or just right (the measurements don't match, 30cm or 300mm is only 7.5 inches?)so il remeasure from 11.5inches then convert it to mms and place in width box and it should change the height for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished my chest, unfolded by Ral Partha. I'd post pictures, but it looks exactly like Nightshade's build, so there's really no point. The scale was perfect for me at 6 feet tall and 190 lbs.

Very nice work on these files. You guys have renewed my enthusiasm for this project. Thanks a lot.

Mal

Glad to hear it, Malechei

Just finished pepping the pouch model. I'll post pics once my camera's battery is charged (which should be soon) so stay posted!

Shade

PS - Is it just me or was that chest plate easier to build than I thought?

ya i just got mine done and i even scaled it down and it some how is too big so I'm going to modify the one i built to fit me better(it's the same thing as what nightshade posted but i like the chest smaller for some odd reason)

Ok guys, I got the pictures of the chest pouch up. I only made one, but they don't take too long (only five pieces each), and I think I'll make another when I finish the shoulders and sniper shields:

img0119medium.jpg

img0120medium.jpg

img0122medium.jpg

Shade

PS - Sorry the pics are a tad bit unfocused. The camera kept acting up because of the lighting.

rvb18 said:
oh wow i just measured what you gave me and that thing is small or just right (the measurements don't match, 30cm or 300mm is only 7.5 inches?)so il remeasure from 11.5inches then convert it to mms and place in width box and it should change the height for me

300 mm is 12 in. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
.... i thought it was 1 inch = 4 cm and 1 cm= 10 mm so wouldn't 30 cm be 7.5 inches? dot really matter i some how got the right scale and i even have the chest under suit done and ready for parts to be added on!

Oh, tehe, sorry Ruze, I knew that when I calculated it, just messed it up in the post. Sorry, I'll fix it.

And ACDCROckr, I think I'll have a go at the lower plates and equiptment on the chest tomorrow, just to let you know

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chestplaterender.png

PS - By the way, guys, after taking a good look at this picture, it seems I'm gonna need to edit the file again. Just proportional stuff. The middle at very bottom seems to have a little cut out, while the whole center piece seems like it should be a bit taller than the side pieces, while the edges of the center piece should be moved in more and less wide. The whole side piece looks like it should be bigger (including the black part), while the indentations of both sides need to be scaled up and edited a bit. By the looks of it, I think I'll need to redo the geometry on the bottom edges of the center piece, as well as make the edges at the top a bit skinnier and more square shaped than triangle shaped. I'll do these fixes tommorrow. It's past midnight.

Over and out,

Shade

so if i were to scale my chest to 10 inches it would be 254mm in the width box? k thx i was getting even more confused for a bit but il rebuild the chest when your new model comes out (i saw the same thing and thought center too big sides too small)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back