Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's k . it was still a fairly new model and like all would need some adjustments but hey we can always blame the lack of reference lol

And ACDCROckr, I think I'll have a go at the lower plates and equiptment on the chest tomorrow, just to let you know

Cool!! Can't wait to see them in progress :)

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK guys, the newest (and hopefully final) chest model is finished. I'm not posting the link until I get enough feedback to make any final edits. After that, I'm done with this file. It's time for something new.

Here's some comparison pics between the old and new ODST Chest Plate. The differences are a little hard to see from the front view, but just know that the center piece is skinnier and taller, while the side pieces are larger, and actually begin near the bottom of the center piece. The big difference can be seen at the top and bottom tips of the side plates where they meet the center plate. Here's the pics (by the way, the newer model is on the bottom):

version3comparison.jpg

version3comparison2.jpg

version3pepcomparison.jpg

If demand ensues, I guess I can release a model with the three plates seperate. Your choice.

I hope this is as accurate as it needs to get,

Shade

PS - I started the sketches for the lower chest equiptment

NightShade ?!?!? Have you tough modeling the sniper gogles that Romeo have in the Picture below ?!?!?

I would totally want those on my ODST ... as a matter of fact ... I think i will do Romeo ODST all the way ...

THanks !! and keep it up ... this threat have been the most promising these days !!!

Nightshade said:
Oh, tehe, sorry Ruze, I knew that when I calculated it, just messed it up in the post. Sorry, I'll fix it.

And ACDCROckr, I think I'll have a go at the lower plates and equiptment on the chest tomorrow, just to let you know

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chestplaterender.png

PS - By the way, guys, after taking a good look at this picture, it seems I'm gonna need to edit the file again. Just proportional stuff. The middle at very bottom seems to have a little cut out, while the whole center piece seems like it should be a bit taller than the side pieces, while the edges of the center piece should be moved in more and less wide. The whole side piece looks like it should be bigger (including the black part), while the indentations of both sides need to be scaled up and edited a bit. By the looks of it, I think I'll need to redo the geometry on the bottom edges of the center piece, as well as make the edges at the top a bit skinnier and more square shaped than triangle shaped. I'll do these fixes tommorrow. It's past midnight.

Over and out,

Shade

Why not just adapt from Skullcandy's WETA armor for the chest? I'm sure that if you asked nicely enough she'd distribute the .obj files and let you have a play with them - after looking, they're more or less perfect, if you merged them into one piece and did a little alteration.

NightShade ?!?!? Have you tough modeling the sniper gogles that Romeo have in the Picture below ?!?!?

I would totally want those on my ODST ... as a matter of fact ... I think i will do Romeo ODST all the way ...

THanks !! and keep it up ... this threat have been the most promising these days !!!

Umm. I had to re-read this post a few times before I understood just what you were asking. But yeah, doing to sniper goggles would be fun. Do you want me to include the acual lenses as part of the file, or just leave a hole there? Just asking. Also, while doing the front of the goggles would be easy, it would take a bit of work to get the back to actually fit against the helmet itself. But I'm up to the challenge if someone knows how the back of the goggles should look (like a top view). I hope you know what I mean.

And hey, Dystorted, thanks a lot. I'm glad someone finally will let me be done with this one. And Crucible, many people have complained that the WETA model is too difficult to assemble and isn't worth doing in the first place because they are too inaccurate. I'm sticking with my model.

If there isn't any criticism on the newest model in an hour or two, I'm going to release the file so the unfolders can begin work, so stay posted!

PS - I finished the sketch for the lower chest equiptment. The way I see it, there are four separate plates strapped together. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Some small details will be left out (screw heads, etc) just because it will be much easier to add them on after resining, etc.

Tell me if it's accurate enough to begin modeling. It was based on the render below:

equiptmentsketch1.png

equiptmentrender.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eager for feedback,

Shade

The middle part of the new chest peice should be rounded out abit more.

Can't wait to see how the lower peices turn out!!

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Sorry for my poor English back there !!! ... + Dislexia ( does not help )

NightShade said: Do you want me to include the acual lenses as part of the file

Sure ... i will probably find a real camera lens after to replace it !!! But I'm no way near that stage so let's stick with the pep model for now ... hehe

the new chest piece looks great. lets get it unfolded. if theres any mistakes we can fix with alittle body filler & sandpaper

Ok guys, I think an "OK Let's Go" from a moderator justifies the release of the new model. And like link said, any errors can be fixed with sandpaper and bondo. That's why we use 'em in the first place. So here it is. Unfolders, get ready:

[EDIT: This .obj file has been deleted. The unfolded .pdo file can be found on the first post of this thread]

I'll update the first post when I have one or two unfolded models. My apologies to the unfolders who have already unfolded the last two versions. I'm trying to please everyone, so I knew it would take a few tries.

PS - So how's the lower chest equiptment sketch looking? I need to know before I start modeling (and bring you another ODST Pep file)

Shade

lower part looks good but you might make the circle part flat for it to be pep friendly
Rvb18

Unless I decide to leave it completely out of the finished model, I'll find a way to make it more pep-friendly enough not to cause frustration. It wont be be the usual super-detailed-so-there's-a-ton-of-tiny-folds-and-overlapping-numbers kind of pep file. Don't worry.

PS - Just for fun, I'll have the goggle file up very soon. Already started modeling

Shade

Nightshade said:
Unless I decide to leave it completely out of the finished model, I'll find a way to make it more pep-friendly enough not to cause frustration. It wont be be the usual super-detailed-so-there's-a-ton-of-tiny-folds-and-overlapping-numbers kind of pep file. Don't worry.

PS - Just for fun, I'll have the goggle file up very soon. Already started modeling

Shade
OK YOU THE MAN. any way if you do build it with the detailed parts il probably not make those and get out my card board like i always do for detail. so ether way this is going to be sweet (y)

Nightshade said:
Hey, Ral Partha, that's probably the best chest plate unfolding I've seen so far. Thanks for the file! I'll add it to the main post immediately
Thanks for the compliment! :D

HeavyGunner said:
Although I must admit, after assembling Ral Partha's unfold of the shoulders, I'm not sure if my unfolds are even that great anymore. :lol: Ral Partha's unfold of the shoulder was really easy to put together, and I would recommend his unfolds any day. Keep 'em coming Ral Partha! ;)
HaloFreakX said:
Ral Partha has been here for a while and is one of the Pros of pepakura around the forum.
Great Work!
Aww, shucks! :love: Thanks for the vote of confidence.

link4044 said:
i want Ral Partha to unfold it
As you wish. Well, here it is (PD2 version, as always). Just click on the pic.

H3ODSTChestplateV3-1.jpg

Sweet, I'm starting on a landfall ODST later (already printed + scored the helmet),but when I get done with that I'll work on the parts for this one. I haven't read the whole thread, just skimmed,but looks great so far. Looks like these are really similar the the Landfall ODST, if I'm not mistaken.

Keep up the good work guys. I'll be working on it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back