Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The King Cobra said:
For a Christmas present I unfolded your Gauntlet Jason. Here it is Gauntlet by Jason225

Thanks a bunch dude!

Heres your Christmas present 405th! (including all of the other models I've put up lol)

Dutch OMG! (not unfolded)

Dutch.jpg

Download: http://www.filefront.com/15212115/Dutch-Backpack.obj/

Mickey + Shoulder OMG EVEN MOAR! (again, not unfolded.)

Mickey.jpg

Download: http://www.filefront.com/15212119/Mickey-Stuff.obj/

Last edited by a moderator:
um... hey can someone post the helmet from page 20 again plz. it was deleted. it said this "This file is no longer available because of a claim by Microsoft Corporation."

Thanks.

Nobody said:
Hey folks,

This is from one of Nightshades older files, a set of ODST chest armor that I modified (with permission, Thanks again).

In my opinion it is closer to the in game chest armor.

The first pic is actually from an earlier version, it is now even more accurate.

Chestarmorpep.jpg

100_1563-1.jpg

ok firstly good job on the file, but secondly you made it too narrow when it gets scaled, on the old file the height is two Cm higher, so please fix this error

Thank you

-Dusty

Hey Guys, I got a question. I am just beginning my armor build, (helmet is pepped, glassed, and bondo-ed) and I really want to make it accurate to the "We are ODST" video. I'm having a bit of difficulty finding stills from that short to use as references. Anybody know where I can download that video so I can make stills, or if anyone has already? It has a few really nice close-ups of the armor. I'd really appreciate it!

Then I have to figure out which Peps are the closest!

Thanks!

Jay

Dusty said:
100_1563-1.jpg

ok firstly good job on the file, but secondly you made it too narrow when it gets scaled, on the old file the height is two Cm higher, so please fix this error

Thank you

-Dusty

It looks to me like you need to scale it up in Pepakura Designer

Man, just when I finish the concept CQB shoulder, I find a more game accurate one, ah well practice makes perfect i guess. Great job on the models too.

Jason225 said:
Thanks a bunch dude!

Heres your Christmas present 405th! (including all of the other models I've put up lol)

Dutch OMG! (not unfolded)

The Dutch backpack. I haven`t looked at the document but thank you for such a nice christmas gift. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I found a big problem with the odst rookie backpack pep it does

not have the straps on it like the duch backpack (look)

5yb57t.jpg

no straps on the side parts can some one make one that has the straps on it

-cheers

Hey just so everyone knows, the Dutch backpack has a lot of those pouches found on the chestplate on it, but I didn't include them because they have already been made and could easily just be attached afterwards..

Jason225 said:
Hey just so everyone knows, the Dutch backpack has a lot of those pouches found on the chestplate on it, but I didn't include them because they have already been made and could easily just be attached afterwards..

Good move because if you had done them, I would have asked you to remove them. I still have to open the file and unfold it, Gosh there are not enough hours in day to do everything I want.

Just a quick check in. Finished peping the new odst shoulder and it is pretty good. A few pieces on the inside are a little tricky and there are two places that aren't symmetrical but it is close enough to make it work. The only issue I'm having atm is getting the size right since the model is turned at an angle. Is there an easy way to tilt the 3d model so the height measurement is actually the height? Other than the scaling issue the model works pretty looks pretty good. Not too much unnecessary detail to slow down the build but great geometry. Some people said the bottom piece is too long (I did too) well these people are wrong. Even in the pepakura screen it looks long but once you've built one and pencil in the details it works. Also the top piece is indeed curved in pretty much every reference ever taken, I need to look at my reference a little closer next time :D .

Gremlin117 said:
Just a quick check in. Finished peping the new odst shoulder and it is pretty good. A few pieces on the inside are a little tricky and there are two places that aren't symmetrical but it is close enough to make it work. The only issue I'm having atm is getting the size right since the model is turned at an angle. Is there an easy way to tilt the 3d model so the height measurement is actually the height? Other than the scaling issue the model works pretty looks pretty good. Not too much unnecessary detail to slow down the build but great geometry. Some people said the bottom piece is too long (I did too) well these people are wrong. Even in the pepakura screen it looks long but once you've built one and pencil in the details it works. Also the top piece is indeed curved in pretty much every reference ever taken, I need to look at my reference a little closer next time :D .

I edited the shoulder to be straight up and down, sorry about that. Oh, and by the way the new unfold is only 4 pages, w00t!

Shoulder-1.jpg

http://www.filefront.com/15262663/New Shoulder Whole.pdo

Hey guys I have been busy with my Kitchen and helping my Dad remodel it but now I'm done and will start pepping my usual speed. I will also take pics of what I have made. Including Spartan Laser, 2 Assault Rifles (1 Exploded), 2 Silent SMGs, 2 chests, 1 Rookie Helmet, 2 Sniper Goggles, 1 ODST shoulder, 1 M6D Pistol, 1 Combat Knife, 1 ODST Torso.

I am working with my friend and my Twin Brother to create Dutch, Buck, and Romeo. Mickey is still thinking about it :p

Oh and Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back