Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would put this in here, too, just in case some people don't go to the noob forum...

Buck-1.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.filefront.com/15312829/Commpack.obj

Mupo_the_Dark said:
Ral Partha, may I please also have your unfold of the ODST helm? I am still working from Rundown's pep (almost finished), and it's great for the detail, but is very tricky to work with the smaller pieces. That 4 shared thing with M$ is upsetting all here I imagine. Thanks so much!

Ooh, me to plz! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Altair651 said:
Mupo_the_Dark said:
Ral Partha, may I please also have your unfold of the ODST helm? I am still working from Rundown's pep (almost finished), and it's great for the detail, but is very tricky to work with the smaller pieces. That 4 shared thing with M$ is upsetting all here I imagine. Thanks so much!

Ooh, me to plz! :)

Sorry for the delay, guys. I haven't been around in a while but here's the new link to my unfold:

Halo 3: ODST Rookie Helmet by Rundown

I'm really liking this file. It was the first I've unfolded, and a good practice model. I scaled its height to 150mm, half the height of my helmet. It seems to be a good rule of thumb for the scale.

DSC03803.jpg

Nightshade said:
Post editted. Now has a height of 150mm and only one page long.

Cool beans! Im gonna tell my friend about this, he is going to be starting on making a buck suit soon. :)

Glad you like it!

EDIT: Now that I have Ski (really Snowboard, since snowboarding is awesome) Club startomg next Friday, I better get to work on my ODST helmet, since there's no way I'm wearing those huge things my parents bought years ago (since I'm supposed to wear one. Some I'm gonna wear an awesome one). Anyway, here are some pics. I haven't resined yet because a) I didn't know if the size was too big, and b ) there was sorta a bulge on the front top of the helmet above the visor. I stayed up sorta late to fix that tonight so here are some newer pics. I plan to need to do a lot of Bondo work to get this actually smoothed out and stuff. Anyway, here's some pics.

I normally wouldn't post all these in such a general topic, but, well, it sorta is my topic:

img0456medium.jpg

This is the only sorta big problem with my helmet: the whole front is just sorta bent in all

different directions and not really symmetrical. I hope Bondo can fix most of that ...

img0455medium.jpg

img0453medium.jpg

img0452medium.jpg

img0448medium.jpg

img0447medium.jpg

img0450medium.jpg

---------------------

I'm actually now planning on both sniper goggles and Buck's comm.

Anyway, does the helmet look OK for resin yet or does the front top need more work?

Sorry for the double (or triple?) post, but somebody was asking about the WETA hip plate. In my opinion, it's still a great piece and certainly accurate enough for the new game. Here's some shots of it pepped:

img0437medium.jpg

img0436medium.jpg

img0435medium.jpg

img0434medium.jpg

I hope you like it!

Shade

carpathiavh99 said:
I'm really liking this file. It was the first I've unfolded, and a good practice model. I scaled its height to 150mm, half the height of my helmet. It seems to be a good rule of thumb for the scale.

DSC03803.jpg

Wow, first one of mine I've seen so far. Excellent work on it might I add. :)

EDIT: I realized after looking at Nightshade's unfold, there is a part of the model that is glitched up...

WTF.jpg

I don't really know if I am going to fix it (3ds Max takes like 10 minutes to load on my computer, I have an older Dell from an office), since it's really nothing major, but I just wanted everyone to know about it so someone doesn't start pepping and go... "wtf r wrong wit this file it are not rite k?"

Jason225 said:
Wow, first one of mine I've seen so far. Excellent work on it might I add. :)

EDIT: I realized after looking at Nightshade's unfold, there is a part of the model that is glitched up...

WTF.jpg

I don't really know if I am going to fix it (3ds Max takes like 10 minutes to load on my computer, I have an older Dell from an office), since it's really nothing major, but I just wanted everyone to know about it so someone doesn't start pepping and go... "wtf r wrong wit this file it are not rite k?"

Yeah, I saw that on my unfold as well. It's a very minor fix while pepping (just trim the excess off), I really wouldn't worry so much about going through the trouble of reworking the 3d model. It wasn't a problem for me since I'm going to make the back detachable to insert some LEDs, a battery pack and a switch (working on that now).

carpathiavh99 said:
Yeah, I saw that on my unfold as well. It's a very minor fix while pepping (just trim the excess off), I really wouldn't worry so much about going through the trouble of reworking the 3d model. It wasn't a problem for me since I'm going to make the back detachable to insert some LEDs, a battery pack and a switch (working on that now).

I actually looked into the 3d model anyways... And couldn't find any trace of that excess edge. I looked for hidden edges and vertices... But I couldn't find anything, it looked exactly like it should. I guess it's Pepakura glitching up? I don't know. But, as you said, it's a minor fix. I'd rather have excess than to have the piece come up short, because you can always trim paper off but adding it back would be a pain.

Hey guys just need some advice. I have been working on my armor, but I feel I'm having some trouble with scaling. I have been using XtremeTactic's method of scaling, but not having much luck. I'll post some photos of my progress so far. The Main chest plate is WAY too big, I know, but can anyone tell me if the torso piece is the right size? [attachment=14502:p1012306.JPG][attachment=14504:p1012308.JPG] Its a bit tough to get my big dome through the neck opening, but I think I'm going to cut it and hinge it so it will open and snap close. Please let me know if I'm on the right track with that. And here is the torso piece with the main chest plate, which I feel is way too big. It's my second attempt at it, both being too big I think. [attachment=14503:p1012311.JPG]

Are the body armor pieces, such as the chest plates, abdominal plates, belt, crotch, etc... one universal size? Or do they also require scaling to my height? sorry for the noob questions, but any help is greatly appreciated!

Jaysmith, I think that you scaled your torso very well (and pepped it well too!). Looks great! And yeah, that chest plate is waaay too big (IMO), I'd either scale it a lot down or print out the latest chest plate on the thread's first post.

And King Cobra, thanks for the simpler file! I was about to make Jason's (which is also a great file), but I think I'll take the easier approach to this one ...

Thanks, Shade! I do like those final chest pieces. are they pretty universal in size, or do I still need to scale them to my height?

Hmm, well I've got mine scaled to 320mm wide, but, being fifteen, I'm not particularly tall. I'd suggest somewhere between 320mm to 340mm wide (for those who are pretty tall or have a larger chest). That's really the best I can say ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back