Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what the issue is with the battery pack you're using? I'm guessing the monitor came with one supplied, or did you build your own pack to go with it?

As always (and repeated infinitum) stellar work!

LeeKegan said:
Thanks for all the complements!

It is a 70060 MobiCam by Mobi.

thanks Lee. me and my buddy have been looking for night vision stuff for some other projects for a while!! well have to check this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
DerKraken said:
Any idea what the issue is with the battery pack you're using? I'm guessing the monitor came with one supplied, or did you build your own pack to go with it?

As always (and repeated infinitum) stellar work!

It had a 4 cell AA built in and I purchaced a 4 cell pack to hook into it with!

The monitor takes a 6 cell and I had to go with an 8 cell to get it to work so I may have to go with a 6 cell to get the camera board to work.

I don't know. I need to get the technical specs on how many amps it needs and see what the batteries are producing buy me extending the lines and with thicker wires.

LeeKegan said:
It had a 4 cell AA built in and I purchaced a 4 cell pack to hook into it with!

The monitor takes a 6 cell and I had to go with an 8 cell to get it to work so I may have to go with a 6 cell to get the camera board to work.

I don't know. I need to get the technical specs on how many amps it needs and see what the batteries are producing buy me extending the lines and with thicker wires.

Stupid thing to ask here but what was wrong with the old batteries think i more then sure you could make a battery pack that would fit that out of wood lol

marioknight92 said:
Stupid thing to ask here but what was wrong with the old batteries think i more then sure you could make a battery pack that would fit that out of wood lol

It didn't come with batteries, just the built in holder for the batteries, which I couldn't easily cut out of the plastic frame that the camera and camera circuit board where mounted in. So I purchaced battery holders.

LeeKegan said:
It didn't come with batteries, just the built in holder for the batteries, which I couldn't easily cut out of the plastic frame that the camera and camera circuit board where mounted in. So I purchaced battery holders.

If you haven't already thought of this, make sure that the battery holders are wired in the same manner as the battery holder the monitor came with. Its likely that the generic holder you bought is set up for 1.5V, and all the batteries are wired in series.

I'm pretty sure that AA's are 1.5V, so if all 4 are wired in parallel, you'll have a 6V system. If all of them are wired in series, you'll still just have 1.5V, but more mAh. 2 banks of 2 batteries in parallel, wired together in series, 3V... etc etc.

Best thing to do would probably be check the output voltage of the AC adapter the monitor came with. That will tell you if its 1.5V, 3V, or 6V, and then you'll know how you need to modify your battery holder. Hope that makes sense!

Huh? :unsure:

I'm all thumbs when it comes to electronics, but then again this doesn't even apply to me:lol:

No doubt Lee will be able to make use of the info you posted, DK :)

Good point, DK. I'd have just assumed that the battery holder in the monitor was wired in series, and wouldn't even have checked.

Loess said:
Good point, DK. I'd have just assumed that the battery holder in the monitor was wired in series, and wouldn't even have checked.

me neither great point DK

DerKraken said:
If you haven't already thought of this, make sure that the battery holders are wired in the same manner as the battery holder the monitor came with. Its likely that the generic holder you bought is set up for 1.5V, and all the batteries are wired in series.

I'm pretty sure that AA's are 1.5V, so if all 4 are wired in parallel, you'll have a 6V system. If all of them are wired in series, you'll still just have 1.5V, but more mAh. 2 banks of 2 batteries in parallel, wired together in series, 3V... etc etc.

Best thing to do would probably be check the output voltage of the AC adapter the monitor came with. That will tell you if its 1.5V, 3V, or 6V, and then you'll know how you need to modify your battery holder. Hope that makes sense!

You were right. The camera runs on 6V and the video runs on 9V. I cut the battery pack out of the plastic and soldered it up and it works.

Thanks DerKraken

LOL! Since I didn't quite read all of the posts, when Lee mentioned something about the baby monitor, I thought that he was on errand for the missus. (yeah, I get the stupid every once in a while :p). It just blows my mind how you can incorporate this into your model. It looks just like the real deal!

I'm pretty good with electronics so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this.

DerKraken said:

I think you meant that if the batteries are wired in series, the total voltage will be 6V. Parallel connection with only give you 1.5V.

Ral Partha said:
I think you meant that if the batteries are wired in series, the total voltage will be 6V. Parallel connection with only give you 1.5V.

Ack, yeah. Series = voltage, Parallel = amperage.

Thanks for the correction.

Here are some of the last details. Still have a few minor things to do.

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

I've never wanted to be a master thief more in my life. It would be mine.
I know I've said it before, but amazing work.

DreadMullet said:
amazing lee... bloody amazing.

can we get a vid with scope in action?

Tommorrow!

The Hunter II4 said:
with the batteries you could use 9v batteries and also very nice work on the scope you cesce to amaze me :lol:

I acually tried the 9V battery and it didn't work, but the battery may have been to old. So I will have to get a new one and try it.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I just love to build!

LeeKegan said:
Thanks everyone for your comments. I just love to build!

And we just love to watch you build so it's the perfect relationship... :lol: Great work and I hope to get my hands on one of these babies just as soon as humanly possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back