Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
box o crayons said:
dang lee dont know how i missed the scope but looks awsome, and with all your topics were going to need an index so we can find everything
im new to this site and so far i am loving everthing that i see. this is some great work man. Keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
LeeKegan said:
Ok, I have just started on the Halo 3 Sniper Rifle.The Masterfully drawn blueprints are by SPARTAN II.Here are some pics of the upper receiver with a spring loaded bolt.The top area still has to be rounded ond some of detail work still needs to be added.
IMG_2259.jpg
IMG_2261.jpg
IMG_2262.jpg
IMG_2263.jpg
IMG_2265.jpg

dude, you are a beast! nnnniiiccceee!

ba2808 said:
thats amazing!

This is an awsome replica. I was wondering since i have just looked at the pics is it shooting bullets bbs or airsoft bbs?

my brain just gadgetgasmed. this is absolutely stunning! i wish i had the tools, the time and the skills to do something like this myself. keep up the great work Love it!

Yuki-Kedamono said:
my brain just gadgetgasmed. this is absolutely stunning! i wish i had the tools, the time and the skills to do something like this myself. keep up the great work Love it!

Well, the only way one gets good at building this sort of thing is to do it themself. Often takes more than a few mistakes, sometimes a lot of frustration, but given enough time, effort and things learned anybody can become really skilled at this.

Skill like this doesn't just happen overnight; it takes a helluva lot of dedication. One just has to be willing to make that committment. This hobby is certainly not for the faint of heart, lol.

@ Lee: I went back a couple pages to see if there was anything more vid- or pic-wise regarding what you're doing with the scope, but didn't find anything new. Have you finished it by now? If so, mind giving some of us a look at it? *nudge nudge wink wink, lol* ;)

SPARTAN II said:
@ Lee: I went back a couple pages to see if there was anything more vid- or pic-wise regarding what you're doing with the scope, but didn't find anything new. Have you finished it by now? If so, mind giving some of us a look at it? *nudge nudge wink wink, lol*
wink.gif

I wish. I sent the prop off to Adam and he gave it to Bluerelm. I havn't seen it since. I have all the wiring ready to go into the scope and main frame of the sniper.

I have started a new project, but it wil be a little before I post it! :p

sliceman22 said:
Im just curious

how much have you spend on the materials? What kind of wood is it?

I answered your PM. The wood is poplar.

sliceman22 said:
Im just curious

how much have you spend on the materials? What kind of wood is it?

LeeKegan said:
I answered your PM. The wood is poplar.

From what I understand, Lee pretty much exclusively uses poplar for all of his HALO prop builds to date, I think because it's a softer and therefore easier wood to work with.

From what I understand, poplar is very popular (sorry, just had to say it) :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back