Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finished the barrel.
The barrel scews into the top receiver so it can be taken apart.
IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

2 questions, 1: are you going to mold this? and 2: if you are when can i drive south and pick one up?

Privateer said:
Damm I need half your talent so I can finish a weapon lol outstanding as usual bro keep em coming.

I don't know, if I had half your talent with armor and helments I would have a full set of armor. :D

rvb18 said:
2 questions, 1: are you going to mold this? and 2: if you are when can i drive south and pick one up?

I will have to talk to Rube and see if he wants to mold this one too.

Last edited by a moderator:
how is it that you build these things so fast? you obviously know exactly what you're doing and have all the tools, but still! you must just have a lot of time on your hands

link4044 said:
i'll mould it :D

I have to ask Rube first. Plus he is only 40 minutes away from me.

C 4468 said:
how is it that you build these things so fast? you obviously know exactly what you're doing and have all the tools, but still! you must just have a lot of time on your hands

I have a little spare time this week.
I'm on spring break. Plus my son has been gone with his mother on vaction.
When I'm studying I take breaks and go out to the shop and do a little work on what ever I'm working on.
Up until about a month ago I didn't have a girlfriend. Happilly that has changed now!
Plus I don't sleep a lot, about 5 to 6 hours a day.

Hope that has answered your questions.

Bah, I've been waiting for this topic to appear, and then it appears while I'm in mexico and can't check the board. XD

Dude, it looks beautiful so far. It's going to be like the BR with the working parts, right?

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Bah, I've been waiting for this topic to appear, and then it appears while I'm in mexico and can't check the board. XD

Dude, it looks beautiful so far. It's going to be like the BR with the working parts, right?

Thanks,

Yes the bolt works and the clip will work too. I haven't worked out how I'm going to do the scope.

You know, I really was keeping an eye out to see when this thread/project was going to pop up here, and still I somehow managed to miss it (a good four days behind everyone else), lol.

GUNNEY SGT bob said:
[...]

hey good blue prints are threre more prints of diffrent angles or is that it?
it would be very nice if you could scan those blue prints and put them on your gallery or somthing so people could use em to make there own sniper. (y)

Thanks for the kind words on my work. I pride myself on drafting my prop schematics to be as detailed and accurate as I can, and in most cases have drafted some of the same for my own scratch-built props.

Currently, I'm trying to get the front and back (and possibly the ventral and dorsal, too) views drafted for Lee to use; just haven't really had the time lately myself to do so.

I'd wanted to have it all done for him at the same time, but knew he was waiting on receiving the schematics so he could get started on this so I sent him all that I had done so far, lol.

I will probably be able to get some time in today on the remaining views/angles, although with what I've seen so far he's got it all pretty well down pat at this point, lol.

LeeKegan said:
Thanks,

Yes the bolt works and the clip will work too. I haven't worked out how I'm going to do the scope.

Well, with what I gave you for reference material, I'm sure you'll be able to figure something out quickly enough ;) heh

I just knew you've do as kick-@$$ a job on this build as you did on your Pistol and BR. Astounding work as always, Lee! Like others here have said, you've gotten off to a great, and already quick, start with this.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been able to help you out with this project, and to see yet another fantastic build of yours come to life, buddy :D

LeeKegan said:
Thanks,

Same way you did the BR scope, perhaps?

SPARTAN II said:
Thanks for the kind words on my work. I pride myself on drafting my prop schematics to be as detailed and accurate as I can, and in most cases have drafted some of the same for my own scratch-built props.

Well, with what I gave you for reference material, I'm sure you'll be able to figure something out quickly enough ;) heh

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been able to help you out with this project, and to see yet another fantastic build of yours come to life, buddy :D

Yes, your excellent blueprints and referance material is what I needed to get this prop underway.
So if it wasn't for your drawings I wouldn't be building the SNIPER RIFLE.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Same way you did the BR scope, perhaps?

This scope doesn't work like the BR's. So it may not be a functioning scope, but I may have it light up.

Here are a few updates.
The lower receiver is starting to take shape.
IMG_2285.jpg

Some of the detail work.
IMG_2286.jpg

box o crayons said:
wow the detail is amazing on the bolt and how did you cut the detail into the stock

With a razor knife and a miniture chissel.

LeeKegan said:
Yes, your excellent blueprints and referance material is what I needed to get this prop underway.
So if it wasn't for your drawings I wouldn't be building the SNIPER RIFLE.

This scope doesn't work like the BR's. So it may not be a functioning scope, but I may have it light up.

[...]

I'm glad my schematics were just the sort of inspiration/motivation you needed to get going on this project, Lee

If you can find some decent reference pics of the rear end of the scope (sorry I couldn't find you any myself), you should be able to detail and light it like in the game. I'd suggest green LEDs or EL wire/sheet, as that would be game-accurate.

Awesome (and surprisingly quick) work you've done, and in only about a week's time. Impressive, as always. And this is just the beginning, heh :)

you could hollow out the scope and mount a video camera in there. then it would work similiar to the scope in the game. You might even find one for cheap that a has an ifrared or night vision setting that would turn it green like in h3.

yea a vid camera would be cool but i think a green sheet with leds would do the job perfectly and you did that with a knife and chisel it looks perfect, nice and semetrical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back