Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all. so its been a busy day.

first, lets get the negative stuff out of the way:

crushed thigh with tears all over:

405th___crushed_parts_1_by_rabinosa-d5bxcjj.jpg

crushed shoulder pieces:

405th_crushed_arm_pieces_by_rabinosa-d5bxcrs.jpg

so the re-pep for these is coming along, but today was spent strengthening the torso with t-shirt material and rondo'ing the helmet.

helmet rondo:

405th___helmet_v2_rondo_by_rabinosa-d5bxcwv.jpg

torso:

405th___chest_strengthened_by_rabinosa-d5bxd15.jpg

i also filled the jetpack cavaties with expanding foam. will photograph that tomorrow.

Having just finished sanding the helmet down, and marking off what needs to be worked on i decided to drill the holes in it:

405th___helm_markings_and_holes_drilled_by_rabinosa-d5bxdbj.jpg

I plan within the next few hours to construct some missing details using a 2-part epoxy called milliput. once dry it can be sanded down and painted, but with the bonus of being able to be manipulated like clay:

milliput_by_rabinosa-d5bxdju.jpg

i will also be using my favourite clay tool to be constructing details out of milliput. pop your shape in the tool, a bit of clay and syringe your shape right out:

clay_tool_by_rabinosa-d5bxdt1.jpg

i will be doing this for the rest of the evening and will keep you all updated.

@ xxxxM0NSTERxxxx : my scale was worked out by figuring out my ratio compared to this image:

405th___scaling_sheet_by_rabinosa-d5bxliu.jpg

with 16.7 coming out as my "magic number"

1.7*16.7 = 28.39cm for the height. the helmet fits perfectly with my head floating around 4cm from the inside walls. :D

@ Admiral Tiberius - thanks for the nicetys :D your n7 build is looking sweet. my fiance is mad for mass effect, so after seeing yours, it looks like i will be doing a female n7 build at some point in the future.

anyway. for now.

peace.x

evenin.

a quick update before i go to sleep:

i made a mesh out of an old xbox side case to go under the "screw" holes at the mouth of the helmet, to allow air intake when i install a fan later:

405th___helm_detailing_by_rabinosa-d5bygoi.jpg

i also added alot of details to the helmet using milliput and the tool i showed earlier:

405th___helm_detailing_2_by_rabinosa-d5bygsx.jpg

405th___helm_v2_detailing_3_by_rabinosa-d5bygxx.jpg

405th___helmet_detailing_4_by_rabinosa-d5byh1p.jpg

sorry some of the photos suck, its late and ill rustle up some better ones tomorrow.

till then.

x

busy day today. heres the low down:

parallel circuit for leds was made using the components of a £1 light:

405th___helmet_led_and_fan_circuit_by_rabinosa-d5c6wkk.jpg

back of light:

405th___helmet_led_and_fan_circuit_by_rabinosa-d5c6woi.jpg

switch and leds pulled:

405th___helmet_led_and_fan_circuit_by_rabinosa-d5c6wrw.jpg

leds mounted and button prepared to be glued:

405th___helmet_led_and_fan_circuit_by_rabinosa-d5c6x01.jpg

finished circuit with fan and 9v holder attached. each set of 2 leds required its own 100ohm resistor. the switch currently turns both the fan and the lights on at once. i may change this so that the fan and the lights can be switched on/off independently, but for now, this will do:

405th___helmet_led_and_fan_circuit_by_rabinosa-d5c6x4s.jpg

lights on:

405th___helmet_led_and_fan_circuit_by_rabinosa-d5c6x83.jpg

final bit of work today was removing the rondo visor, ready for when i purchase my gold visor. i am still adding small details using milliput, although i feel now that it has as much detail as i'm after.

405th___helmet_led_and_fan_circuit_by_rabinosa-d5c6xbt.jpg

tomorrow will either consist of smoothing and priming the helmet or strengthening more pieces.

we shall see.

till then.x

Looks great, but I definitely agree to put the fan on a separate circuit. Without that, you will need to leave the lights on to run the fan, which kills your battery and light lives. If you turn it off, you will sooner suffocate. May I ask where you plan on putting the fan? I recommend cutting out the slot in chiefs implant on the back of his helmet. Cut out the slot and install the fan on the inside.

@ItsDarthChaos yeh i am whipping the fan into its own circuit at the moment. thanks for the advice. I will be placing the fan in the "mouth area". i have already cut the holes and placed a mesh. theres a pic of it somewhere in this thread. (*EDIT - i just noticed the aformentioned photo is like 3 posts above. must check that respirator is working, suddenly concerned with my brain cell count)

today I got myself a mouse sander. boy does that save some time.

first pass with sander and first prime:

405th___helmet_first_prime_by_rabinosa-d5ca9th.jpg

tomorrow will be more sanding and filler work. The iridium gold visor has been purchased as well as the inner padding so that should be here in like 8-10 months. (ROYAL MAIL SUCKS)

haha

till tomorrow. x

hi all. so a couple of days have passed and ive managed to get the thighs and the shoulders re-pepped. no photos of that. yet...

i also managed to get about 50% of my suit rondo'd. no photos of this either. haha

however i do have photos of what happened after the mail arrived today.

helmet with visor:

405th___installed_visor_by_rabinosa-d5cwdzc.jpg

helmet with flush sitting visor:

405th___helmet_with_flush_visor_by_rabinosa-d5cwe6a.jpg

visor with detail:

405th___visor_detail_by_rabinosa-d5cwean.jpg

Thanks to blackula for the tutorial. badass.

@RSpartain7 thanks! your kat build is looking sweet!

It seems like you know what your doing! Keep it up!

I really like your helmet, it looks like you put a lot of effort into it.

That really sucks about your crushed armor. I can totally relate.

Your armor is coming out pretty awesome. Sometimes it takes a second or third time to truly make your masterpiece in your image :) Oh and I LOVE your balloon idea alternative to support struts, I hope you dont mind if I stea... I mean "use" your idea with my helmet w.i.p? =D

hey all. so its been a busy day.

first, lets get the negative stuff out of the way:

crushed thigh with tears all over:

405th___crushed_parts_1_by_rabinosa-d5bxcjj.jpg

crushed shoulder pieces:

405th_crushed_arm_pieces_by_rabinosa-d5bxcrs.jpg

so the re-pep for these is coming along, but today was spent strengthening the torso with t-shirt material and rondo'ing the helmet.

helmet rondo:

405th___helmet_v2_rondo_by_rabinosa-d5bxcwv.jpg

torso:

405th___chest_strengthened_by_rabinosa-d5bxd15.jpg

i also filled the jetpack cavaties with expanding foam. will photograph that tomorrow.

Having just finished sanding the helmet down, and marking off what needs to be worked on i decided to drill the holes in it:

405th___helm_markings_and_holes_drilled_by_rabinosa-d5bxdbj.jpg

I plan within the next few hours to construct some missing details using a 2-part epoxy called milliput. once dry it can be sanded down and painted, but with the bonus of being able to be manipulated like clay:

milliput_by_rabinosa-d5bxdju.jpg

i will also be using my favourite clay tool to be constructing details out of milliput. pop your shape in the tool, a bit of clay and syringe your shape right out:

clay_tool_by_rabinosa-d5bxdt1.jpg

i will be doing this for the rest of the evening and will keep you all updated.

@ xxxxM0NSTERxxxx : my scale was worked out by figuring out my ratio compared to this image:

405th___scaling_sheet_by_rabinosa-d5bxliu.jpg

with 16.7 coming out as my "magic number"

1.7*16.7 = 28.39cm for the height. the helmet fits perfectly with my head floating around 4cm from the inside walls. :D

@ Admiral Tiberius - thanks for the nicetys :D your n7 build is looking sweet. my fiance is mad for mass effect, so after seeing yours, it looks like i will be doing a female n7 build at some point in the future.

anyway. for now.

peace.x
T-shirt material? Do explain.

-Ryan

Morning all.

So its been a few days since my last update as i have been packing all of my shiz, ready to move into our new place.

Because of this i will be without the internet for a month or so (while BT sorts its bs out).

I will be coming bk home tomorrow to do some more work (as its my birthday, wooo) and will show you all my progress then

@NayrDeathExperience: the t-shirt material was an attempted replacement for fiberglass mat, as i cant work with fiberglass (it turns out me and my family are highly sensitive to it). It worked ok, but i re-pepped the chest anyway for a better fit. The new one will be rondo'd tomorrow.

To everyone - thankyou so much for the kind words. Its nice to finally find a community that spreads positivity.

Till tomorrow. X

Hey all!

So im back, and ive got some stuff to show you all.

presenting my completed halo 4 helmet:

405th___finished_helmet1_by_rabinosa-d5g550v.jpg

405th___finished_helmet_2_by_rabinosa-d5g5556.jpg

405th___finished_helmet_3_by_rabinosa-d5g557k.jpg

405th___finished_helmet_4_by_rabinosa-d5g55cw.jpg

Only thing is, the green is a bit off, i may wash it with a yellow/brown to increase the olive factor in the future. who knows. for now its done.

I have also managed to rondo about 80% of the suit, however this is slow progress, as i have to do this at my parents house, as my new flat is in a heavily residential area, with no space for violent smelling work to be done.

Chest rondo:

405th___chest_rondo_by_rabinosa-d5g54xu.jpg

I can however pep to my hearts content, which has produced these:

405th___eod_helmet_pep_by_rabinosa-d5g55h4.jpg

405th___commando_helmet_pep_by_rabinosa-d5g55kd.jpg

405th___deadeye_helmet_pep_by_rabinosa-d5g55mx.jpg

405th___br_pep_by_rabinosa-d5g55p6.jpg

I will be making individual threads for these new pieces once i start working on them properly.

anyway, going back home next mon, so i will get some work done then and update you all.

S'good to be back online.

Till next time. peace.x

Edit*: heres a vid of my led switch in action:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, man. That helmet looks awesome, as do the other helmets and the battle rifle. Mad skills, man, definitely.

I gotta say, though, my heart sank on your behalf after seeing the crushed pieces on the previous page. Yikes. :(

That is a lot of pep! :D And they all look so crisp! How was the pep for the Deadeye helmet...? Did you get the H4 pep files out of the Halo 4 Pepakura thread?

Keep up the good work, subscribed! :)

files

Thanks for the kind words.

The first helmet was bad. Im more than happy to admit it. haha

just very glad that i am replacing it with a much better one.

so i spent the day pepping the new bicep parts. loving the detail in these pieces:

405th___new_bicep_pep_by_rabinosa-d5b45tx.jpg

till next time.x
hello mate, where do you get the bicep pep files? i realy need those files

wow. thanks for the kind words all. I'm very flattered.

@Ninjetsu NL: the deadeye helmet wasn't too bad to pep, i found it came together much easier than the locus i'm pepping at the moment.

@viktor doom: the bicep piece is located deep in the halo 4 pep thread. I'm thinking around page 65. ish. have a look round, and if you still can't find it, send me a PM with your email address and ill forward it to you.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back