Halo 4/5 Custom Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First Build: Halo 4 Custom Armor

-I do want to continue in cosplay for my future but since I'm going to college next year around this time so I don't want any huge distractions getting in my way. But i'll still lurk around on the forums and see all the great builds everyone is working on.

Education is important. Take it from me. I spent many a days playing Halo Reach instead of going to my college classes and I wasn't able to graduate (along with other substance related reasons). Now I'm wishing I could make more money. Keep up the good work. It's smart to take on challenging hobbies like this, it will keep you sharp.

Thanks man! I appreciate that a lot! I really like the originality of your build it looks amazing! Haha

Thanks! I'm probably just going to play Halo 5.

As of right now I don't have much planned, maybe make another forum post about me using my old nerf guns and turning them into Halo weapons. I used up a lot of my social life making this so I might not do anything major for a little while. I may make another armor to prepare for Halo Wars 2 and I hope to go some conventions with this armor.

Future:
-Make Master Chief, Spartan Buck, Spartan Fred, or My Spartan again in Halo 5 or Reach (I hope to install lights in the armor I decide to make)
-Convert my nerf guns to Halo Replicas (Like I did with the Assault Rifle)
-I do want to continue in cosplay for my future but since I'm going to college next year around this time so I don't want any huge distractions getting in my way. But i'll still lurk around on the forums and see all the great builds everyone is working on.

thanks haha! but i love your badass tankish look! keep up the impressive work!

The thing about plasti-dipping is just to make sure it's actually coming out and make sure you get it EVERYWHERE, even the small-detail stuff. Especially that, because that's what the paint would probably destroy first..

Spray paint doesn't affect eva foam, only styrofoam. Plasti dip in spray form will also degrade styrofoam. It's the aerosol that powers the spray that reacts with the foam, not the medium that is being sprayed. You can very easily spray paint eva foam without it eating away, but I find plasti dip gives a slightly smoother looking surface.

Education is important. Take it from me. I spent many a days playing Halo Reach instead of going to my college classes and I wasn't able to graduate (along with other substance related reasons). Now I'm wishing I could make more money. Keep up the good work. It's smart to take on challenging hobbies like this, it will keep you sharp.

Thanks for the kind words, that means a lot coming from technically a stranger haha.

thanks haha! but i love your badass tankish look! keep up the impressive work!

Thanks hope your cosplay future ends up awesome!

Spray paint doesn't affect eva foam, only styrofoam. Plasti dip in spray form will also degrade styrofoam. It's the aerosol that powers the spray that reacts with the foam, not the medium that is being sprayed. You can very easily spray paint eva foam without it eating away, but I find plasti dip gives a slightly smoother looking surface.

Yeah I did like using the plasti dip because it gave a surface for the Spray Paint to actually stick to.

Nice build, good effort

Thanks dude!

Expect to see a post in the Props section soon for me to starting working on converting my nerf guns.

Helmet creds!:lol But really great job on your build! Glad the helmet went towards something awesome. Keep up the good work!

Hi, I am doing my first cos-play, and i have zero experience about what to do and stuff like that. I am on a really tight budget ( Like really really really tight) I am young (Like under 16) and have no way to really get a job. I am going to do the path finder armor and need tips and help. Any Tips and pointers will be great. Thanks

-ModernSparten

P.S

A Special thanks to ArmoredAmir for helping me originally

Hey everyone! Its been awhile, school got in the way of me wanting to repaint it but since my school's Sci-fi Club's Movie Night was coming up I decided to get back to work and repaint everything and have it ready for the Movie Night since there was also a Cosplay Showcase! I had to do a skit, once I get the video I'll post a link and all of you can see it :D.

So it already happened (Last Friday) and I just got the time to make the post and share what everything looks like now repainted. Enough Talk Photo time!
IMG_6398.JPG

Full Armor on (Since it was at school I couldn't bring my assault rifle due to obvious reasons)

IMG_6444.JPGIMG_6445.JPG

Chestplate Front/Back It looks uneven in the back because i'm not sure what I did wrong when gluing foam together but I wanted the upper part to look even and it was fine with the lower part of the chestplate's back to not be even I will be making a new chestplate eventually for my cosplay)

IMG_6442.JPG

Left and Right Shoulders

IMG_6440.JPGIMG_6441.JPG

Left and Right Gauntlets Front/Back

IMG_6436.JPGIMG_6437.JPG

Left and Right Thighs Front/Back

IMG_6438.JPGIMG_6439.JPG

Left and Right Lower Legs Front/Back

IMG_6434.JPGIMG_6435.JPG

Left and Right Boots Front/Back (They will be painted Blue soon)

IMG_6443.JPG

Gloves and COD Plate (Made Freehanded and will be painted Blue soon)

Any comments, tips, or anything would be greatly appreciated!

How come you didn't do a stomach section? Seems a little bland with no crotch plate section (imo)
Great build though, very well done

Looks great! Don't forget to upload that skit video, sounds like it could be fun to watch. :D

How come you didn't do a stomach section? Seems a little bland with no crotch plate section (imo)

Crotch plate reference not withstanding, I do agree w/ Mesh. The coloring is a bit bland and the white a bit too striking against the black under-suit. Perhaps a bit more blue accent markings. Or even a Blue under-suit. And speaking of the blue accents, I notice some areas are bleeding. Meaning the line of blue is encroaching in to the white area when it shouldn't. Was this hand paint or spray? Also, some areas could use a 2nd coating. Overall though, a very nice build. Well done. And just so you know, I will be using your build as a reference for my own. When I get started that is. have to do my son's first. And I expect just as critical eye from you as well!!! Deadline for my son's suit is mid-March, then my own. Planing on NYC Comicon this October 2016. That's my deadline. You?

Crotch plate reference not withstanding

I didn't mean it in a funny way, If you look at any Spartan you'll notice they have a belt and armored plate in that area (makes sense), the lack of it on this spartan suite just makes it seem empty imo,

Note: The Halo 4/5 spartan has this section built into the Ab Plates, whereas every other spartan has this section on a 'belt'

Thanks! Orginally I just didn't have enough time to make it in the first plate. Then after Halo 5 launch, school got in the way so once my school's event came around just wanted to focus on repainting. I'm currently working on the stomach part and crotch part right now and will post photos in the next few days.

Looks great! Don't forget to upload that skit video, sounds like it could be fun to watch. :D

I know, for some reason the recorder camera wasn't working but I have the audio file that I acted out to (Since you can't hear anyone most likely out of a helmet like that)
Heres the link if anyone is interested in hearing the audio of my skit. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwf-Jmn39q9rUGhhU3RvNG9sT1E/view?usp=sharing

Crotch plate reference not withstanding, I do agree w/ Mesh. The coloring is a bit bland and the white a bit too striking against the black under-suit. Perhaps a bit more blue accent markings. Or even a Blue under-suit. And speaking of the blue accents, I notice some areas are bleeding. Meaning the line of blue is encroaching in to the white area when it shouldn't. Was this hand paint or spray? Also, some areas could use a 2nd coating. Overall though, a very nice build. Well done. And just so you know, I will be using your build as a reference for my own. When I get started that is. have to do my son's first. And I expect just as critical eye from you as well!!! Deadline for my son's suit is mid-March, then my own. Planing on NYC Comicon this October 2016. That's my deadline. You?

Thanks for all the input! I'm not one for painting so I just spray painted and hoped for the best. I'm hopefully going to be making a new chestplate for my armor soon since the one I have didn't turn out as well as I thought it would so I'm going to make that and work on everything else for there. I'm definitely planning on heading to a Comicon in this but as of right now I don't have a specific deadline for building/finishing anything. If I have the free time I'll just work. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for your build, good luck!

So I've been busy for the past week, I'm going to Katsucon which is in like 3 weeks so I want to actually have a finished armor (New Chestplate, COD piece, Stomach/Abdomen piece and groin area).

Once I do all these then the armor will be officially complete for me.

For the chestplate, if you've seen the photos its clearly not painted or created well in my opinion, this was the first piece I plasti dipped so rushed it and didn't do it slowly with small coats at a time so there ended up being tons of air bubbles which makes the texture of it not smooth at all.

I'm doing Fred's Chestplate for the armor (Centurion) so here are the progress photos I have of it so far.

IMG_6676.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg
IMG_6681.jpg250px-FRED-1.png

I think I'm getting there obviously its not exact but I'm taking a bit of a different approach at it and I'm enjoy it.

Let me know what you guys think!

So I've been busy for the past week, I'm going to Katsucon which is in like 3 weeks so I want to actually have a finished armor (New Chestplate, COD piece, Stomach/Abdomen piece and groan area).

Where actually is your groan area? It would be interesting to see an armor piece for that................

Luckily, some smooth-on will fix the roughness, but that piece actually works really nice. At least for me, it seems to cup well, and stays away from my disproportionate thighs for the most part. obviously have yet to do a field test and actually wear it though, so I could be horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back