Halo 4 build in 37days -FINISHED-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i quickly got some pics the chest piece is a bit small but i can work with it the shoulders need to come up a bit and the. Guantlets need to go further up the arm.
All this was caused because of this was just a quick test fit and the faom ist glued in the forearms
04ec15fdb65c343b431774274122b29b.jpg
ac7a1f87bc3fb90ca41a7ea150cb158c.jpg
a59995ec759fcd0f74a73924ee4ae0a1.jpg

Hey guys I've got 1 week left 6 days to finish everything and 1 day test fitting strapping and other small stuff the gloves in just putting the handplate on and not the caps but I will see how it goes I manage to make a back brace out of foam
19ee093931c0322af228f569b7950cff.jpg
8f51d98cc611fa1b71e335df65dfe713.jpg
5bc56b0170d696b2f427cbd2e0e0fc96.jpg

And here are the progress on the thighs I have 2 day to get them both done and ready to paint
a1b8d0d7254ec5e738681802d027bfc6.jpg

That's plenty of time with the way your build is looking so far! Doing an excellent job within your time frame, I think you'll hit your mark

Hey guy today I got my mirror chrome but it rubbs off with the slightest touch does any one have a idea or a clear I can get I've only got 1 week left!
e6464901f05bfa2ab7a75be74632f439.jpg
d5d6a352392ffdcaad864f595c56a3f5.jpg
e8af9117d89357f29410489cb74bf160.jpg

I need help the mirror chrome wipes of like powder if on the release night if even my nose touches the inside of the visor It would be ruined has any one got any ideas???

Can you spare a link to where you found the metalizer? It could relly help me out!

Also, your build is freaking rad! Can't wait to see it done!

Can you spare a link to where you found the metalizer? It could relly help me out!

Also, your build is freaking rad! Can't wait to see it done!

I got this from my local hobby shop, at first i thought they wouldent sell it but nealy every hobby shop does, but there are heaps of sellers around the world. I would go with the airbrush version it is much better then the spray as the spray is thick, my visor was origanally a orange tinted one then I sprayed about 1/4-1-2 a bottle to the inside and it is enough to see through and if you put your face right up to the front of the visor you can't see in at all.

Sorry sidetracked the spray is around $8 cheap and works great
here's the chrome

Awesome looking job on the visor. Did you stencil that on the outside? That seems like a very time consuming deal, but it looks great. Also, was the issue to the metalizer solved by clear coating or something else?

Awesome looking job on the visor. Did you stencil that on the outside? That seems like a very time consuming deal, but it looks great. Also, was the issue to the metalizer solved by clear coating or something else?

It turned out once I sprayed the visor on the inside for the mirror chrome I went and cleaned my other pieces and a little mist of the Chemical reacted with the mirror causing it not to cure I wipied it off the visor and did a light coat again and it lookes the same as the last pic

The honeycombed effect was a pain. I printed out a stencil on a piece of paper then laid down masking tape and used glue to stick the stencil to the non stick side of the tape and hand cut all of those shapes peeled the hexagons of and carefully placed into place on the out side then a light coat of chrome and finally done,
To cut all the hexagons took 2 hours
Then place into the pattern 30min
i had to remove to clean the visor 30min
then replaced them 30min
Then removed after the chrome 30min
Now of I bought a negative stencil it would of been a lot easier but I would of received it after the release. And that's the pain I have been through just to get that effect but worth it

Hey guys 4 days left and I have to finish both shins I have done the knees out of foam so I can kneel
6aeb6d3f4413ffa7c1fa65a7fc5bf66a.jpg
I also made a new ab plate
9614845d33f47bd7dd931b3e016439bc.jpg

Amazing! I really FREAKED out on the vizor job! Just sheer awesome! I suggest this gets elited just for that. Not to mention the rest of the armor!

Hey guys I've have till today to finish both shins and paint the thighs a plate shins and hands wish me luck and I will be wearing the final project today

Definitely a big ol' GOOD LUCK from me too. The process you described on the visor painting did sound like a pain, but like you said. . . . It was definitely worth the agony you put yourself through. It looks awesome. Keep up the good work. I think you'll pull it off in the nick of time. Have faith.

Hey guys I've got 26hr 30min till the release and here is we're I'm at I tried everything on and i need to finish the paint job on the shins I don't have strapping on right yet and have all tomorrow to finalise the paintjob, padding and strapping.
I know the chest piece is a bit small but it fits perfect with full movement I'm almost ready for the release
f9d553105766d8db5089c43119819cde.jpg
d78c10a394178edbf8ecb915e10140db.jpg

DAMN!!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!!

you can do it!

and if you don't sleep tonight... DON'T!!!! FINISH IT!!! DANG!!!! SO COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back