Halo 4 midnight release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pho3n1x

Ok. So after a little thought, I decided to treat all the halo fans at the local gamestop. My plan is to show up in a full, halo 4, master chief suit! Now I admit it is a bit ambitious for my first build, and I don't have a lot time, but I think I can do it! I have had a little experience in pepping before this so I feel confident in my abilities. Im planning on using cardstock for the helmet and EVA foam for the rest. As for the files, I'm throwing a shout out to KingRahl for modeling and unfolding them. Ill hopefully be posting some pics of my progress, and I appreciate all encouragements and advice :)!

A full suit in just over 2 months is ambitious (been at mine for just over 4 and not sure ill make it) but all the power to you. Good luck and see you planet side :) (when you start pepping that is).

Too bad you're going to be in Bloomington, Minnesota and not Bloomington, Illinois. It would be nice to at least have someone to hit GameStop with.

Animagmus is irght, this is very ambitious. Personally, I'm hoping to have my MK VI finished by the end of September, and I've been working on it since August of last year. However, I did have college, full time jobs and a move thrown in there, so there have been delays.
I wish you the very best of luck! Can't wait to see it!

On the bright side, the helmet may take awhile, but the eva foam is very easy to work with (i think) In one day, I made a Odst chest piece, shoulders, and a thigh. The quickness of the stuff if fast. if you are dedicated to it, the armor should take around two weeks, the helmet itself about a week. when working with foam, remember to always use new blades for cutting it out!

Thanks for the support guys :)! And yes, I do think the helmet will be the longest so that's why I'm doing it first xD I wanna post pics but I'm on my iPod >.< kinda hard to do on it. So far I have probably half of the top part of the helmet done xD so basically the visor and the brim. And considering I don't have a job :/ (I've applied a couple times) I've got nothing better to do really xD but ya :) helmet first and hopefully the foam will go fast!

Hey guys! So it's been about a week now since I've started working on this project of mine. I'm sorry there's no pictures yet :( I'll get some today and hopefully post them as well. For now I'll just update you on what I've done and what I've been working on :) the helmet is very difficult xD but I've just about finished the top half of it! Along side of that, I've been making weapons out of styrofoam (extruded) I've started painting my pistol and I just started working on a BR :) hope this is enough xD I'll try and get the pics up soon!

Last year, my boyfriend went to the midnight release of Reach, but this year, he leaves for basic training the day it comes out, so he wont be able to go. Instead, I'm going in his place (I also pre-ordered the Halo 4 xbox set for him for his birthday) and I'll be dressed up in my armor, which is also my first build. The goal for ours is to have it by Halloween. I started mid August and I'm about half way done. You can do it! Don't feel rushed and have it come out bad, take your time, but work with your goal and time frame in mind! :)

I managed to convince 4 of my other friends as well as my brother to join me in the midnight release in halo suits lol. should be interesting

Leslie- Your bf is one lucky guy :D and good luck on your armor! I hope you can finish in time!
Xman- 6 people all (hopefully) dressed as Spartans!? That release is gonna be epic! Best of luck to you as well :)

I'd love to find someone to hit gamestop with and maybe tour around town at random in full armor. Anyways,havent see any pics of your armor yet man. Let us know how its going and check out mine as well. I'm doing almost full halo 4 armor but some halo 3 peices and a noble six helmet so far. If I finish everything soon enough I'll make a rogue helmet too XD.

Promethean angel- good luck on your builds!! As for my pics I believe there's a link I posted towards the bottom of the first page. It's for flickr. I hope it's working or you guys.

hey good luck on the suit, trust me i'm in the same boat but it's with one of the new helmets that's taking so long, god who knew locuts was like top five hardest helmets to build.

Thanks guys :) sorry i havent posted any new pics lately :/ my technology was saying the site was down. ill just throw a quick update out here. For the helmet: i pretty much just have to finish the back area and mouth and jaw areas and ill be done!! For the BR: im getting some eva foam soon which will be used to add the details to the gun. The foam will also be used for the rest of the armor :) stay tuned please!

Does anyone know of/is going to the midnight release in San Antonio? I know for the game stop I'm going to, they've estimated 200-350 people that night and if I knew of anyone else dressing up, that'd be legit :p

Hey guys! Quick update :) I finally got eva foam! Yay :D I really like it! Much easier then pepping xD in about half an hour I was able to finish one bicep/tricep piece :) I have hope to finish by 11/6!! Even tho it might not be to hd xD umm havent worked on the helmet much >.< still needs the mouth and back to be done but I feel that won't be to hard. Other then that :) I think things are going great!

Hey good luck on the build! I started my project about mid sept with a friend and were about halfway there. Of course i only work on the weekends as a DJ and Ive got 6 people helping Cut and glue the pep files. Building Two suits before Halloween is CRAZY! XD ive never used the foam method before but from the sound of it , it might have saved me hella time. Keep on the grind brotha and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back