Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! Just letting yall know that i am underway in making the ACR-920 (Railgun) Here is the PDO file if anyone wants to unfolding. Im going back under to make a higher definition version. Wish me luck! :D

Looking at the exploded view it looks like if someone wanted to skip some pep work, they could use a Nerf Longstrike for the green and yellow, built up a bit for detail, and the stock from a Nerf Recon for the purple (also built up a bit,) maybe use the stock from a Longshot to make it beefier. The blue could come from the main body of the Longshot. The brown, well if they take apart that many Nerf guns they're bound to have some usable barrel sections, leaving only the grey to figure out, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Looking at the exploded view it looks like if someone wanted to skip some pep work, they could use a Nerf Longstrike for the green and yellow, built up a bit for detail, and the stock from a Nerf Recon for the purple (also built up a bit,) maybe use the stock from a Longshot to make it beefier. The blue could come from the main body of the Longshot. The brown, well if they take apart that many Nerf guns they're bound to have some usable barrel sections, leaving only the grey to figure out, but that shouldn't be too hard.
thats pretty ingenious lol. you're free to do what u want with the file, but i have updated it. the grey could be pepped and added, but heres the issue. there is no barrel. the open space is the barrel. Check out the weapons videos posted on utube and look how it fires. I do plan on doing a later version with coop with expert electricians in creating the 13 flashing rings that go through the middle. If anybody knows any, please link me to them. Thanks again! :D

Plus, the whole file has less faces then one of the high detail sniper rifles. I tried my best to make a comprehensible low-res version which could be detailed easier. So if you any one wants to give it a go, please do so. Im low on cardstock, so untill i unfold it and determine how many pages i need, im stuck. :[ so anybody who is a expert unfolder, please give this a crack and PLEASE be cool enough to post a link to in on my WIP.

I'll take a crack at an unfold, although I have no idea what the size is on this. Also working on Monkeyfuj's Boltshot from a few pages back. A lot of small details in the Boltshot, so that one will definitely take a while.

I'll take a crack at an unfold, although I have no idea what the size is on this. Also working on Monkeyfuj's Boltshot from a few pages back. A lot of small details in the Boltshot, so that one will definitely take a while.
LOL well off my measurements which was skillfully done is down to the exact millimeter(not really, was half-assed and guess work at most), the rifle is 34.78125 in long, 9.936 in high, and 2.28 in thick..... i know....its off.....im still trying to figure out where i got it wrong, but when a do a full body scale test, it looks right..... I guess it being the first version of this model, alot of corrections is desired. :[ but yeah, good luck, and please, post the link to the unfold on my wip. :)

Hey everyone! Just letting yall know that i am underway in making the ACR-920 (Railgun) Here is the PDO file if anyone wants to unfolding. Im going back under to make a higher definition version. Wish me luck! :D
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZnQ3d616/ACR-920_LR.html
Railtest1.jpg

AutoSave_UNSCRailgun1-1.jpg

AutoSave_UNSCRailgun.jpg

as quagmire might say

giggity gig gig! thats awsome

the halo 4 weapons look so powerful hopefully they dont nerf them....

as quagmire might say

giggity gig gig! thats awsome

the halo 4 weapons look so powerful hopefully they dont nerf them....

Well....ehhh. ive seen what this gun does, and its suppose to be a mix between the brute shot and sp.laser, but with a 2.3 second counter....dont ask me how i know that exactly. its long and boring and drove me insane for hours. :p
I personal think this weapon is the new sp.laser, like when bungie introduced the splaser to H3, took it out back, beat the crap out of it, threw it in a hospital, performed some serious plastic surgery, the thing had a kid, grew up to be the ugliest thing to live, than that had a kid, and this is its creation....a beautiful masterpiece. * heavenly sounds play in the background as an image of the railgun rises into the frame.*.....should have named myself DrAmAQu33n instead of VizardErebus..0_o

I think part of the problem with the scaling might be that 34.7~ is in inches, while the program uses milimeters. It was roughly 348 mm when I downloaded the file. 348mm, 34.8cm...roughly 14 inches in length. Granted there would be some shrinkage in scale going from a 7' tall Spartan to the average person, but I'm guessing it would still be larger than that.

I think part of the problem with the scaling might be that 34.7~ is in inches, while the program uses milimeters. It was roughly 348 mm when I downloaded the file. 348mm, 34.8cm...roughly 14 inches in length. Granted there would be some shrinkage in scale going from a 7' tall Spartan to the average person, but I'm guessing it would still be larger than that.
to be honest, i would rather go off the Length of 34.7 in would ultimately be 881.38mm. so if you go off of that measurement, you should get ur desired length. If you take a pic of the railgun and assault rifle, and size them to where the trigger and handle are similar, its just about the sizer of the rifle. Just a bit longer. But again, feel free to size it anyway you see fit. :)

I think I went with 700mm for the length, so roughly 28 inches. Not quite as large as the assault rifle, but large enough to at least look more like a rifle. Might adjust it depending on how many pages this one takes up.

I think I went with 700mm for the length, so roughly 28 inches. Not quite as large as the assault rifle, but large enough to at least look more like a rifle. Might adjust it depending on how many pages this one takes up.

Hey Zaff, be careful. If you look back to my WIP, I made an update post. I think you might want to read it.

The file I started with was from your post, #739 on page 37. Height of 100mm (~4 inches), length of 347mm (~14 inches) and a width of 22mm (~ 1 inch). I went back over a few youtube vids, and I think for a more to-scale pep model we'll have to bump the length up to 900mm (~3 feet), which brings the height up to 258mm (~ 10 inches) and a width of 58mm (~2 1/4 inches). That will certainly put it more into the rifle scale as opposed to oversized pistol, albeit a tad larger than your estimated 34.7 inch length, but that could be a good thing. As you mentioned earlier you wanted to make a less defined model so that details could be added on or carved in later. If the base model is made slightly larger that gives more leeway for any indentation or carved-out details Someone could pep it out, make a mold using a material that's easy to work with (essentially making a blank), then carve out details that might not have worked too well with molding.

Bam! Updated files!

Master Chief:
--snip--

Weapons:
--snip--

Spartan IV:
--snip--

As per last time, credit goes to the people who started this off, DH748, for starting to put this together, so thanks to him too!
Thanks for the updated list - I'll take a look at getting those onto the Database ASAP.
I can't give a time estimate on that just yet though, as I'm in the midst of major exams right now, but they'll be up before launch. Not that it will help anyone trying to a build a suit between now and then...

CJ

The Railgun unfold is finished. I went down to the 881mm, both for accuracy and so that all the parts could actually fit without overlapping the edges (A4 size). I also grouped all the "details" (the free floating pieces) onto the last page so that if people want to add those details by hand, they can just not print that page. I also made sure to put a textbox at the top giving VIZardErebus proper credit for the model and to myself for the unfolding. VIz, go ahead and take a look and see if you're happy with it, and if so, let's see if we can get it into the database.

http://www.4shared.com/file/bhgKvc99/Rail_lGun.html

The Railgun unfold is finished. I went down to the 881mm, both for accuracy and so that all the parts could actually fit without overlapping the edges (A4 size). I also grouped all the "details" (the free floating pieces) onto the last page so that if people want to add those details by hand, they can just not print that page. I also made sure to put a textbox at the top giving VIZardErebus proper credit for the model and to myself for the unfolding. VIz, go ahead and take a look and see if you're happy with it, and if so, let's see if we can get it into the database.

http://www.4shared.com/file/bhgKvc99/Rail_lGun.html

Dude, this is awesome! and its even and properly cut. Ur the best. Did you wanna do another.... its a tad more difficult, and id give the skb file too if it would help.

After trying to pep a few randomly unfolded pieces I've come to appreciate symmetry, as well as making the pieces as large as possible. I'd be willing to take a shot at anything else you have, I just can't give any guarantees on how fast it will be done. Still have Monkeyfuj's Boltshot that I'm working on as well. Would this next one be the HD version of the railgun you mentioned was in development?

After trying to pep a few randomly unfolded pieces I've come to appreciate symmetry, as well as making the pieces as large as possible. I'd be willing to take a shot at anything else you have, I just can't give any guarantees on how fast it will be done. Still have Monkeyfuj's Boltshot that I'm working on as well. Would this next one be the HD version of the railgun you mentioned was in development?
Yes. its detailed alot more for those who want a good reference model and want to make a full detail version on the first go around. I'm almost complete with it in sketchup, and will be emailing(through 405th, so check it when u can) you the links of both the sketchup and pepakura if you feel like there needs to be a few necessary changes. And ive come to adore your cutting style. mine isnt that good. You made construction a whole lot easier. and when it comes to a due date, there's none really. Take as long as you like....just not a year.... that's ridiculous. :) Keep it up Zaff, you an amazing unfolder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back