Halo 4 Spartan IV Warrior build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the comments!

looking great sir, I am still kinda new to the high detail portion of it, how are you pulling the amazing detail?

I'm actually using thin sticky backed foamie sheets that I layer onto the helmet. I cut out the part that I'm layering from the pepakura file and trace it onto the foamie sheet.

Well... in less than 7 days I've managed to complete the Warrior helmet from Halo 4. It's onto molding tomorrow. Here it is.

8126891200_c3f181fa5c_z.jpg

Thanks for all the comments!

I'm actually using thin sticky backed foamie sheets that I layer onto the helmet. I cut out the part that I'm layering from the pepakura file and trace it onto the foamie sheet.

Well... in less than 7 days I've managed to complete the Warrior helmet from Halo 4. It's onto molding tomorrow. Here it is.

8126891200_c3f181fa5c_z.jpg
Awesome, i didn't even think of that, thank you for helping a rookie :cool

Holy Yoink! That's beautiful! Extremely clean lines and seams. Great job man!

Please watch your language when on the forums. However I do agree. This helmet is beautiful. Great job Sir!!! :D

Edit:I saw your quote and went and fixed it, thanks.

WOW when I get some spare cash I'm so buying a copy nice work keep it up!!!

Also WHAT MOLDING PRODUCT ARE YOU USING?

i have heard a lot about this "molding" process but i have yet to understand what the point of it is.....

The point of this is so you can make more copies of the helmet without pepping and bondo and starting all over again. Because after you have removed the silicone from the helmet it becomes a negative of the helmet. When you put casting resin and once cured it makes a positive and end up with a exact replica of the one you built from bondo.

The point of this is so you can make more copies of the helmet without pepping and bondo and starting all over again. Because after you have removed the silicone from the helmet it becomes a negative of the helmet. When you put casting resin and once cured it makes a positive and end up with a exact replica of the one you built from bondo.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Also I'm using Tap Plastics silicone RTV.

Didn't get much done today since I was paintballing all day, but the print layer and thickened layers of silicone have been added. Two more to go...

8133254188_95d162e046_z.jpg

8133252398_07ebba93b4_z.jpg

Keep on building guys

So what problems or obstacles did you have with this build?

The hardest thing was probably the pepakura, because it's the most time consuming and you don't feel like you're making any progress until you finish the whole thing. I also had a bad batch of silicone for the print layer and I was super worried that it would never cure, but it finally cured 2 days later (4x longer than it should take).

I've got the mold keys and the 3rd layer on the helmet, last one is coming tonight!

Good luck with the dmold are you splitting it just down the back or is the silicone stretchy enough to just have it as it is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back