Halo 4 Spartan IV Warrior build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bucket is looking great. How thick and how stiff is it? I have never worked with molding. Keep up the great work.

I think you've done a phenomenal job with these helmets. I especially like the visors. How did you get the grid pattern on it?

It's......it's beautiful.....This ovation is for you Sir

tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif

Thanks so much guys! To answer a few questions...

Impressive! May I ask you what file did you choose?

I used Satchmo III's Warrior file, unfolded by Harnor. I believe it's in the 3d modeling category...

That bucket is looking great. How thick and how stiff is it? I have never worked with molding. Keep up the great work.

It's not too thick, probably not thicker than 3/8 of an inch anywhere around. But it is quite sturdy.

I love the build. Makes me super excited to start my Spartan build. I still have some stuff to do to master chief but very much want to start a new Spartan. Keep up the awesome work.

Well since I am ... let me correct some of your spellings ... with a little : très manifique, en effet. Astonishing indeed for you english guys :) Dude it just blow me away man. Everything exept for the visor is perfect :) Your work is incredible Sir :) Wouldn't be the first time, I guess, someone tell you you can be proud of what you achieved ... xD !!! anyway :)

SICK HELMET!!! I must agree that this build has me liking the warrior helmet a lot more...my one question is where did you get the visor? I looked through the thread and might have missed it...but I don't think I saw any links or anything...did you just scratch build the "bug eye" effect?

If you see in the pics of the blue and silver coloured helmet on page 7 if you look in the bottom right corner you can see the material he used. It is a basic motorcycle visor with that thin material stretched out over it and glued into place giving that effect of the honeycomb but my question is where did you get the material for the honeycomb effect?

Thanks guys, I've been getting a lot of questions about the visor, I'll post how I did that real soon.

Photos of the commissioned helmet.

8176537461_b0bb3b03f9_z.jpg

8176542461_807ff89070_z.jpg

8176534487_e724823093_z.jpg

I'm thinkin about making the entire suit...

If you see in the pics of the blue and silver coloured helmet on page 7 if you look in the bottom right corner you can see the material he used. It is a basic motorcycle visor with that thin material stretched out over it and glued into place giving that effect of the honeycomb but my question is where did you get the material for the honeycomb effect?

WOW! good eye sir! I along with everybody else were too mesmerized by the awesomeness of these helmets lol. It takes some amazing awareness to see that. I am interested too as to wear I can acquire similar material and how it would look on a visor thats a lot bigger than in the Warrior helmet.

WOW! good eye sir! I along with everybody else were too mesmerized by the awesomeness of these helmets lol. It takes some amazing awareness to see that. I am interested too as to wear I can acquire similar material and how it would look on a visor thats a lot bigger than in the Warrior helmet.

Yes I do have a good eye :) i have been following this thread closely by looking at everything in every pic it gives me the persons home life and attitude to costuming and prop making.
Nice work and keep it up, you should make a full suit!!!
Daniel

i can think of two ways you might have done the visor...1. you used a special type of fabric that has holes in it (seen in one of ur pics) and coverd the visor and made the cloth taut (you may or may not also have sandwiched the cloth between two visors) 2. u layed the cloth over a black visor and sprayed gold tint. Was I close with any of my predictions :) i tried to replicate the hexagon pattern on my visor as well and idk if i really like my idea. needs improvment. the pics of that r on my thread. but any way love ur work. i liked ur fb page cuz ur awsome. ur work inspired me over the summer to start my prop jounery. For that I thank you! :)

i can think of two ways you might have done the visor...1. you used a special type of fabric that has holes in it (seen in one of ur pics) and coverd the visor and made the cloth taut (you may or may not also have sandwiched the cloth between two visors) 2. u layed the cloth over a black visor and sprayed gold tint. Was I close with any of my predictions :) i tried to replicate the hexagon pattern on my visor as well and idk if i really like my idea. needs improvment. the pics of that r on my thread. but any way love ur work. i liked ur fb page cuz ur awsome. ur work inspired me over the summer to start my prop jounery. For that I thank you! :)

As i have said before, you can see in the pics above look at the bottom right corner you can see the material used its just a normal visor with the pattern material stretched over it and glued in place giving the effect

About the foamies , wouldnt they fall off?? Because where i live is extremely difficult to get something to cast the helmet so i have a completly new helmet with hard details instead of having one with foami details that eventually will peel off. Or what can you put so they can stay there?? Resin ? Cause crazy glue aint going to work that much. It has to be something strong

About the foamies , wouldnt they fall off?? Because where i live is extremely difficult to get something to cast the helmet so i have a completly new helmet with hard details instead of having one with foami details that eventually will peel off. Or what can you put so they can stay there?? Resin ? Cause crazy glue aint going to work that much. It has to be something strong

Foamies work great. I go to hobby lobby and buy 2mm craft foam and they sell sheets of double sided adhesive that you can out right on it stick em on and let them adhere. After that cut your detail out and hold it right in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back