Halo 5: Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone forgets that Cortana was originally meant to be the main villain of Halo 1. Upon contact with the Halo Ring's immense data store, she was supposed to go rampant. But everyone liked her so much, they made an evil copy of that role and that became 343 Guilty Spark. Cortana became a reflection of Chief's humanity, which was only brought out of that armor when she died. Suppose Cortana did digitize herself using the Composer. Everything that has ever been Composed has turned into a monster. While there are unpredictable variables with fictional "what ifs" and Cortana being unique for an AI, if Cortana returned as a result of the Composer, she wouldn't be good. She'd finally be the villain that Bungie intended her to be in the first place.

The ONI mark I find extremely interesting. I have a new theory. Remember in Reach, at CASTLE Base, Halsey tells them in the elevator "You belong to ONI now." Jun is the only member of Noble team to have survived Reach, and he is also in charge of recruiting for the Spartan IV program. What if that spartan is Jun?

Also, that Spartan is clearly male. Very wide shoulders and zero hips = male.

Josh Holmes tweeted that he is not Palmer or Cortana, he is a NEW character.
JH_zps73115233.jpg
This rules out most every theory we had.
Drats.
Ps, if you don't know, Josh Holmes is the Executive Producer on Halo, formerly CD for Halo 4

Attachments

• JH_zps73115233.jpg
    JH_zps73115233.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 257
So I saw this this morning and my mind instantly went into overdrive, when I first saw this I thought that the S-IV was either Chief or Cortana (composer, nuff said) but as rickrtickr the body proportions don't match Chief's; as for Cortana, there is little to no evidence on either side of the fence right now.

before I begin rabbling *SPOILERS FOR HALO: Escalation* Don't read unless you don't care.

*Spoilers*
As of the latest issue of Escalation we KNOW that
-Chief is AWOL
-Halsey is AWOL
-There is a traitor in UNSC HIGHCOM and/or ONICOM
-Lord Hood has taken command of the Infinity
-Lasky is going undercover with a S-IV to uncover the traitor within the UNSC
-This traitor has enough pull to order S-IV's to Kill Lord Hood.
-The UNSC Spirit of Fire has possibly been found.
and thanks to the Halo 4 opening we KNOW ONI wants to REPLACE Master Chief John-117

As for the mystery S-IV we can theories that this unknown Spartan is probably suppose to be Chiefs replacement Halsey mentioned. The fact that the Chief and this ONI S-IV sort of 'reflect' each other does sort of support this idea; and that would also explain why it is and ONI Spartan seeing as they would want total control.
We also know that Chief is AWOL, for what ever reason; now it is fare to believe that this 117R (117 replacement) has been sent to capture the Chief and bring him back for a number of reasons (possibly to do experiments on the Librarians Gene-song) and knowing the current state of affairs in the UNSC it is hard to say just WHO is giving the orders and what there goals are.

In all honesty it is too early to speculate further but I feel confident that the ONI S-IV is meant to be Chief's replacement that Halsey spoke of in the opening of Halo 4.

*End Spoilers*

I know my theory is a little far-fetched but I just thought I'd give my thoughts on the possible hidden meanings of this poster.

Well. There goes that fun debate. :(
I know!
So I saw this this morning and my mind instantly went into overdrive, when I first saw this I thought that the S-IV was either Chief or Cortana (composer, nuff said) but as rickrtickr the body proportions don't match Chief's; as for Cortana, there is little to no evidence on either side of the fence right now.
Actually, Josh Holmes said is isn't Cortana. He (the spartan on top) is a new character.

before I begin rabbling *SPOILERS FOR HALO: Escalation* Don't read unless you don't care.

*Spoilers*
As of the latest issue of Escalation we KNOW that
-Chief is AWOL
-Halsey is AWOL
-There is a traitor in UNSC HIGHCOM and/or ONICOM
-Lord Hood has taken command of the Infinity
-Lasky is going undercover with a S-IV to uncover the traitor within the UNSC
-This traitor has enough pull to order S-IV's to Kill Lord Hood.
-The UNSC Spirit of Fire has possibly been found.
and thanks to the Halo 4 opening we KNOW ONI wants to REPLACE Master Chief John-117

As for the mystery S-IV we can theories that this unknown Spartan is probably suppose to be Chiefs replacement Halsey mentioned. The fact that the Chief and this ONI S-IV sort of 'reflect' each other does sort of support this idea; and that would also explain why it is and ONI Spartan seeing as they would want total control.
We also know that Chief is AWOL, for what ever reason; now it is fare to believe that this 117R (117 replacement) has been sent to capture the Chief and bring him back for a number of reasons (possibly to do experiments on the Librarians Gene-song) and knowing the current state of affairs in the UNSC it is hard to say just WHO is giving the orders and what there goals are.

In all honesty it is too early to speculate further but I feel confident that the ONI S-IV is meant to be Chief's replacement that Halsey spoke of in the opening of Halo 4.

*End Spoilers*

I know my theory is a little far-fetched but I just thought I'd give my thoughts on the possible hidden meanings of this poster.

I don't think you're that far off. I personally would like to see a clone of John tracking him down. A Spartan IV Clone made of John's DNA and another Ai trying to rescue the decrepit Chief. Evil in the Ark has him captive.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

This would be another awesome option, or Buck. I mean, if he truly was any better, he'd be a Spartan.

Someone just shared this on my facebook wall. LOLOLOLOL
"Isn't the new character obvious?"
Johnson_zps17a53f3d.jpg
LOL! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Attachments

• Johnson_zps17a53f3d.jpg
    Johnson_zps17a53f3d.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 208
edujatup.jpg
a9ahejy8.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Attachments

• a9ahejy8.jpg
    a9ahejy8.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 205
  • edujatup.jpg
    edujatup.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 208
Josh Holmes tweeted that he is not Palmer or Cortana, he is a NEW character.
JH_zps73115233.jpg
This rules out most every theory we had.
Drats.
Ps, if you don't know, Josh Holmes is the Executive Producer on Halo, formerly CD for Halo 4

Oh, for the love of...

Great. So, we're never going to see any of Blue Team, or revisit Extended Universe characters that are desperately in need of some actual face time - we're going the Sonic the Hedgehog route of throwing in new friends with every game and abandoning the character development of existing players within the story.

Absolutely flipping terrific.

Attachments

• JH_zps73115233.jpg
    JH_zps73115233.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 214
For the longest time I have already believed that the game universe and the book universe are not the same, but parallels in a sense. Characters from the books may or may not even exist as characters in the games. It's easier that way. I mean, why else would we have a game about a team of Spartan IIIs and one Spartan II (Noble Team) during the Fall of Reach when all the available Spartan IIs were on Reach at this time.
IT MAKES NO DANG SENSE TO ME!!!!!
I was so happy when Reach was first spoiled and it was just the picture of the team of Spartans silhouetted in front of Reach. I was like awesome a game about Fred, Kelly, Will, etc. (the ones who went planetside while John, Linda, and James went to the space station to destroy the Nav Data....
But no... Introduce a slew of new characters in place of characters already on the ground.....

Well you've got a year if you're buying for Halo 5. But remember, Destiny and hopefully Halo 2 Anniversary come out this year :)

Well you've got a year if you're buying for Halo 5. But remember, Destiny and hopefully Halo 2 Anniversary come out this year :)

Well the XB1 isn't available in my country until September :(. Good lord Destiny, if only they would port that to pc, I would be so happy. I think I'd do good with buying a XB1 after all because of all the exclusives, I just don't have money for all this :(

now I'm going to have to buy a new console again, damn you Microsoft and 343!

I'd hold off on that. If Halo 4 had any lessons to impart, it's that when it comes to 343, "the better things come to those who wait." Let's face it, if you Bought Halo 4 and all the DLC as it came out, you dropped $105 total. If you sprung for the Limited Edition, you spent a total of $110. Even just a few months after the fail-ridden launch, prices for the game itself plummeted. One year after launch, $40 on the GOTY gets you the game, all the DLC, and all the pre-order content (and that price is dropping fairly rapidly as well).

So for me, personally, unless I suddenly find myself with an immensely disposable income (that I DON'T blow on armor/prop making or some other expense), I won't be buying an XB1 or another Halo game for quite some time unless the deal is properly sweetened. No more of this 2 dozen retailer exclusives or claims of being the best-selling game based on how many units were sold to replace the 75% that were unplayable at launch.

I'd hold off on that. If Halo 4 had any lessons to impart, it's that when it comes to 343, "the better things come to those who wait." Let's face it, if you Bought Halo 4 and all the DLC as it came out, you dropped $105 total. If you sprung for the Limited Edition, you spent a total of $110. Even just a few months after the fail-ridden launch, prices for the game itself plummeted. One year after launch, $40 on the GOTY gets you the game, all the DLC, and all the pre-order content (and that price is dropping fairly rapidly as well).

So for me, personally, unless I suddenly find myself with an immensely disposable income (that I DON'T blow on armor/prop making or some other expense), I won't be buying an XB1 or another Halo game for quite some time unless the deal is properly sweetened. No more of this 2 dozen retailer exclusives or claims of being the best-selling game based on how many units were sold to replace the 75% that were unplayable at launch.

Well I got my Halo 4 for about $40 a few weeks after launch at a local retail store, but I didn't buy any DLC because I dropped the game due to terrible internet at my house. I only have the option to wait for September anyway, and with the recent announcement of the kinectless XB1 it might even drop price by September even further if I'm lucky :) In all honesty, if they would get Halo 2 anniversary out for Steam too (which I highly doubt they will, but with spartan assault on Steam they even might), then Halo 5 can wait if you ask me :p

Yeah, I bought 2 Halo 4 consoles. One for me and one for my wife because we don't like split screening. Then bought the war games pass for each of us. I know all about spending money on something that plummets in price....
I like Halo 4 but it doesn't have the feel it used to. I use to play Halo 2/3 by myself and be fine. With 4, I feel I'm bored out of my mind unless I'm playing with friends.

Yeah, I bought 2 Halo 4 consoles. One for me and one for my wife because we don't like split screening. Then bought the war games pass for each of us. I know all about spending money on something that plummets in price....
I like Halo 4 but it doesn't have the feel it used to. I use to play Halo 2/3 by myself and be fine. With 4, I feel I'm bored out of my mind unless I'm playing with friends.

I might actually just go buy the war pass now my internet is fixed, but my friends don't play halo 4 either, I can't really say I play as much matches in a row on Halo 4 as I did on Halo 3. I remember on Halo 3 I was able to just play it all day and night, but on Halo 4 I stop after about 5 matches max and then I just turn on my pc and go back to Dark Souls. That's my reason for wanting Halo 2 anniversary for PC, As it did have the same mulitplayer feel as Halo 3, and GFWL is going down and I'm not sure if there's any kind of replacement for it regarding Halo 2 on PC :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back