Halo: Combat Evolved, Mark V Armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Master Cheif sucks at Halo PC
(sorry for the double post :S editing your post doesnt work for me!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is exceptionally well done! Nice detail work and great idea with the wire (I'll be hanging onto that one :) ).

The "regular" edit posts function isn't working properly, but if you click "Go Advanced" once you are editing, it'll work fine.

I have to agree with Roadkiller

Very well done and I can't wait to see more progress pics. Excellent to see the LED's installed and working.

Hey your only 1 province away!!!!!

Cheers!

Ok! small update. So i made a new Codpiece (diaper). I decided to use Rhinoc's HD model (sorry MOZ, but i need a nicer looking butt ;) )
As you can see, compared to the original Codpiece, its huge. The reason being is i previously attempted to make one and the original size
wasnt big enough (i actually tossed it before it was complete), so this one i just overshot the size a little bit. Oh well! Try again!
Thanks Rhinoc, i hope its okay if i use this model :S
codpiece1.png

codpiece2.png

NAW U CANT USE MAH FLES!!!

JK

Looking REALLY good there man! And if you couldnt use my files, why would I put them fourth to the community? The paint job and bondoing and just overall look of it is amazing.
And where'd you get that bubbled visor?!?!?!?!?

Holy crap how did I miss this thread. It is amazing. I love the way it looks. I looked at the pictures for about 20 minutes, just looking at how good it looks. I never would have thought to use the hot glue/wire idea for the grooves. This is looking great, and inspires me to get back to work on mine. Keep it up.

!UPDATE!
imagescasg020p.jpg

Okay, so its been a pretty long winter break, but now its getting warmer and the snow is starting to finally melt so now i can slowly continue.. :p

But, winter break hasn't stopped me from getting old projects finished and new ones started.
First off (in Non-armor related projects), ive recentley found my old Bloodgulch texture mod i started back in 2006! Lost somewhere on the internets,
and stumbled across it randomly a few weeks ago! So i thought, "what the heck" and pretty much finished it. This texture mod makes Halo 1 look like Halo 2 :D
Heres a sneak preview if your interested : Halo 2 Bloodgulch - Halo: Combat Evolved MOD ( i should have worked with Bungie 10 or 11 years ago, :p )
Speaking of which, the news of the Halo Combat Evolved re-make has got me amped, and now want this armor to look perfect for expected release "November 15, 2011"
Now, ive pretty much finished my Codpiece! Rhinoc's codpiece model holds very nice and i may consider building his other models as well.
Also, due to the recent requests, i thought i'd make a video of my codpiece and show how i paint my costumes. This method is like Adams tutorial,
but working with car paint. **NOTE- i am not a professional with car paints, i just got lucky with the results the first time i ever did it.**

HA! i thought id show my helmet lights too. I used pen caps LOL! they work huh? I had no idea what to use, and light does shine bright through them :p
lights1.png
lights2j.png

My next update i will hopefully have the chestpiece done, the shins, and hopefully some handplates :)
Until then, keep your stick on the ice!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!
I are bery surprized!! You did good man!!
I wanna caption this photo:
markv1.png

"Spartan Boots? Meh, I'll stick to the Crocs" :p

You made that painting look very easy. I'll keep in mind the brush part, it looks like it works perfectly. And the Nightshade is another part I never would have thought about. If I ever make a suit that needs battle damage, I will refer back to this.

This makes me want to finish mine. Keep up the great work... I have to get back to those dang boots.

Please tell me where you got those WIPs, cause that suit turned out perfect! The LEDs look great too. :D
Can't wait to see this when it's finished. ^_^

You know WIP stands for Work In Progress right? :p Sorry, I just don't quite understand what you're getting at, hehe.

I totally agree though, the pen caps worked great! Awesome job on the entire suit. Thanks to you I now have two projects on the go now...

That's a good thing ;)

Yeah sorry I didn't finish typing, lol.
I just wanna know what he used to make this build. Was it pepakura or plastic?
Also where did you get the LEDs from?

That is looking pretty damn amazing! Keep up the good work!

You inspire me :)

I bet the overall finish will look flawless! (certainly looks that way so far :p).

Yeah sorry I didn't finish typing, lol.
I just wanna know what he used to make this build. Was it pepakura or plastic?
Also where did you get the LEDs from?

This build is made from Pepakura. And as for the lights, their just blue 12V LEDs from the automotive section at WalMart. but i plan on replacing the helmets LEDs for a more, in-game accurate color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back