Halo: Combat Evolved, Mark V Armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This build is made from Pepakura. And as for the lights, their just blue 12V LEDs from the automotive section at WalMart. but i plan on replacing the helmets LEDs for a more, in-game accurate color.
Ok, thanks for the info. ^_^
Just wondering would you be willing to share the pep files? If not that's ok.

post-5249-1227663221_thumb-1.jpg

Attachments

• post-5249-1227663221_thumb-1.jpg
    post-5249-1227663221_thumb-1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 185
Ok, thanks for the info. ^_^
Just wondering would you be willing to share the pep files? If not that's ok.

They're actually included in the All-in-One-Pepakura-Pack. It's listed under "Mark V" (duh) and the author is Moz.

You should search up his threads sometime. I don't think he's on the forums anymore but he made the best Mark V I've seen so far (no offence) and also had a tutorial on how to strengthen the visor of the Mark V Helm.

Actually, here:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/Qc3uzvyTPew[/video]

They're actually included in the All-in-One-Pepakura-Pack. It's listed under "Mark V" (duh) and the author is Moz.

You should search up his threads sometime. I don't think he's on the forums anymore but he made the best Mark V I've seen so far (no offence) and also had a tutorial on how to strengthen the visor of the Mark V Helm.

Actually, here:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/Qc3uzvyTPew[/video]

mmmm i dunno bout the BEST files, but the're just straight rips from the game I think. You gotta be creative to get them 100% game accurate like this build and Justinian's. I thought RVB and my builds were good with a little bit of addition to the models, but these guys take the cake for sure. I be jealous. I are not worthy

Oh. No I was talking about his actual suit! The files were definitely straight from the game, so I'm not praising those ;)

When I was neigh but a wee little forum noob I used to follow Moz' WIPs because he was so badass.

I would like to retract my statement about whose suit is the best. I would rather like to make my opinion that every suit is different and therefore the best.

moz is the forerunner of mark V. he has the most custom suit and the most real worldly suit. as far as game accurate, matth ATM, but i feel new blood with take that position as soon as their suits are finished. i myself will be remaking my suit. 5 years ago and the first suit i made was my mark V and i feel like i need a reunion with it since my skills are not at a noob level anymore. i will be posting many parts for sale (mainly limbs) later on.

small update
Banana%20Man%20Rock.gif

Yes, Moz's files are definatley rips from the game. so i was thinking, i would try!.
I really LOVE the "first person" models. I open up HMT and open Bloodgulch.map
I scroll down the list to find the "Models" section, and i find some pretty nice models.
So i extract a model to the desktop and its an .obj file.. So a shot in the dark, i try to open it
with Pepakura and OMG it worked?
Ive actually unfolded and printed some out, but i cant save my unfolds cause i need to buy it :p
a "first person" model (FP) is the model the you dont see laying on the ground, but holding in your hand. basically an HD model. heres a preview of one of the FP weapons
rocket1.png

but most of all i REALLY want is the FP Cyborg hands, ive tried unfolding this one, some reason pepakura freezes half way through and shuts down.. i cant do it :(
cyborghands.png

If anyone want to give the Cyborg Hands a shot, heres the file
Cyborg Hands FP.rar

anyway, yesh i am sill working on my armor, but i cantz tell you what im doing :p
izza suprize! :D

Suit looks great! I really like the video-tut of painting the suit. It seems pretty down to earth and not too hard to pull off; then again, you might be a painting god for what I know. ;)

Keep it up!

Dude! looks amazing, i love how clean and sharp the suit is. Im new to the site, just had a few questions. What did you use for the undersuit? and how did you do the lights? Again, excellent work i was in awe

Dude! looks amazing, i love how clean and sharp the suit is. Im new to the site, just had a few questions. What did you use for the undersuit? and how did you do the lights? Again, excellent work i was in awe

Actually, i dont have an undersuit yet, i was planning on constructing one when im finally happy with the armor itself. but for now, in the pictures those parts are just sports equipment padding.
Also the lights was a method Adam used in one of his videos, in fact..
This video - LED Halo Armor Tutorial - 405th Master Chief Lights

Update time!
Banana%20Man%20Ride.gif

This one took a little time. Those damn Cyborg Hands. :p
After 3 failed scaling attempts i finally got the right size and figured out how to unfold pretty decent.
What i did was extracted the FP (First Person) Cyborg Hands model from Halo PC to my desktop using HMT. I then opened the .obj file in Pepakura,
re-sized it, unfolded it, then printed it out.
Again, i take no credit what so ever for the model. it was made by Bungie.
Heres the gold!
45718969.png

69041996.png

63539719.png

53574719.png

More updates in a bit, hang in there :)

Oh man, I'd love to get my hands on the pep files for those gauntlets, I love how they have the recessed area already built into the model. Way more detailed than the MOZ ones I used back in the day as the basis for my guants, where it was a flat plain and I had to just cut out where the recessed portion should be and back it with plastic.

Update again!
imagescasg020p.jpg

First off, thanks for the comments so far everyone. i really appreciate it, keeps me motivated.
Again, here is the link for the .obj file for the gauntlets i posted a page or so ago.
Download Link - Cyborg Hands FP.rar
It wasn't too hard to unfold, i have no unfolding experience at all but i figured out the just of it. Actually when i printed it out i had to draw in flaps on the split parts myself.
Also this past week i've been doing a few other things. Ive decided to start on the boots.
Now what did was took a screenshot of the soles on the reference model, and i imported the picure into MOZ's boot file, scaled the picture to size and printed them out.
You can download the reference model and the texture here
Download link - Mark V Pepakura Reference
Download Link - Cyborg Soles.png

What i am planning on doing is using the same technique i used on my shoulders (place plastic peices, bondo, take plastic pieces off) then eventually make a mold out of them to make rubber boots.
Here they are
33572155.png

i have also been working on a new chest..? My current chest has been REALLY bugging me belive it or not. some spots are warped, i used no braces on the damn thing, and when you look down when wearing it you can see a slight bend. I didn't want to wast time by finishing a warped chest. so i cranked out a new one. This one i referenced that cyborg model to make some custom polygons on the chest that MOZ never bothered to add, and its all held with a million or so braces (lol ,not really). So far i've resined it 3 or so times, and tonight am actually gonna Rondo it before i take the braces off.
Here's the progress!
i made another helmet just for fun :p
35585967.png

35599068.png

54888252.png

updates soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
im going to have a go at un-folding your cyborg hands and i was wondering, what is the part on the very end (opposite the hands derp xD) are they above the elbow but below the shoulder piece? i want to get it scaled correctly

edit: ok so unfold is going pretty good. i have moved off the pieces that are really not needed mainly the hand parts and the under armor parts. trying to separate the rest of the parts to simplify assembly.

NOTE* this is a very foam friendly piece in my opinion. would be very easy to do. i may try doing it when i have some spare time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back