Halo Mark Vi Armor W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and about that double visor, it's on its way, Just gotta figure out how to do it. Maybe using a cd carousel? I really really really dont wanna spend another $30 on another bike visor. What have you guys done?

Edit: Finished the outside resining, and thought I might show you guys my newly acquired workspace! Got my plane watchin my back, and my super duper lights to see the tiniest speck.
BodyBegin002.jpg

BodyBegin003.jpg

Updated helmet with all the details mentioned:
MCHELMFINISHED012.jpg

MCHELMFINISHED014.jpg

For the ab section of the chest piece, what would you recommend I do to keep it from warping?
Armor003.jpg

Pepped L Shoulder
Armor005.jpg

Wow man, That's turned out pretty good, What file did you use for the helmet? I kinda messed up my first attempt in the fiberglassing stage and seeing yours has motivated me to start my new one ASAP.

Looks bad arse!

Hey guys! Quick update. I've been working on the chest armor. It's all fiberglassed, and being sanded before the bondo stage at the moment. I found a power sander in a drawer in my garage, I think I've fallen in love... It's so easy to use, and makes such nice results.......
masterchief002.jpg

masterchief001.jpg

masterchief003.jpg

I've also finished pepping the HD right forearm, and so far, I'd say this is the hardest piece. So many details....
forearm005.jpg

forearm002.jpg

I agree with the forearm

It is damn hard!

and it was my second piece to tackle after the handplate, so it went up crappy...

but I fiberglassed it anyway, finding hope in bondoing ;ㅅ;

Hey there guys, got another update for you. After craploads of sanding on the backpiece, my finger's couldnt take any more, so I've been focusing on pepping recently. Got the COD piece and the Thigh finished. Printed both the shins, hope to have those ready soon.
miscmasterchief012.jpg

miscmasterchief013.jpg

Thigh001.jpg

Also, I got another gold visor for the double effect, I've been trying to get Adobe Illustrator to work so I can draft it. What I did was I put a piece of printer paper in front of the visor when i put it in the helm, and then I traced the border of it, and scanned it into my computer. All I have to do now is draw the design over that in illustrator. Do you guys have any recommendations of easy ways to get the design to lay over the other visor?
Thanks for looking!

Hey 405th!!!
Finally an update that isn't mid work! After spending a couple days this is what I have to show yall!
BackArmorFinished008.jpg

BackArmorFinished011.jpg

BackArmorFinished012.jpg

Thanks guys!

This is really inspiring! I'm going to have to try a pep build one of these days too, I hope it can come out as well executed as your work is.

This is really inspiring! I'm going to have to try a pep build one of these days too, I hope it can come out as well executed as your work is.

Got a final chest armor update:

Fullchesthelmfinished002.jpg

Fullchesthelmfinished004.jpg

Got the front done, tell me what you guys think.

As you can see, the armor for some reason rides up on my shoulders a little bit, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for looking!

Hey 405th!

It's been a long while since I've thrown an update your way. I just started working on pep again, and got one of the shins finished. For all the armor that has a cylindrical shape, what do you guys recommend I do to prevent warping? I have all the supports in, but I can't really fiberglass with them in either.

Shins001.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys!

Very nice work. As for the shins, make sure you put a couple of light coats of resin on the outside. After that the piece should be hard enough so you can cut out the support struts to start glassing the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back