Halo Movie Back in Production?

Status
Not open for further replies.
koshima07: Yeah, Emile was hardcore, but he was hardcore the way Shaun Merriman on the Chargers is hardcore. He's a jerk who gets the job done. And to NFL fans, no, it wouldn't surprise me to discover Emile was a drug user. And people keep saying that SIIs were supposed to bond with their suits, can anyone give hard evidence to back that up? I've read the novels, but I don't remember that part. The nature of their deployments mean they spend a lot of time in their armor, but they remove it as circumstances allow.

Sepharih: I actually like your idea! It might stay truest to the character and allow more "human", if you will, characters to do the emotional heavy-lifting. The only problem is that I still don't think people will care about a faceless "force of nature" the way they would about a normal character. He'd be a force, not a character you care about, which may or may not be a bad thing.

Alot of you guys have GREAT ideas. What's even cooler, is if you took an idea from this member and that member etc...it would all come together quite well to show what we want of MC.

Kinda neat in a way.

Like I think what we can all agree on is that it wouldn't be a Halo film without music by O'Donnell lol!!!

Cinematic aside, in the games and books (I'm not counting reach and those half breeds ;)) the SIIs almost never take off their helmets period, they travel in stasis in them, they train in them, they live in those suits as if it were their own skin. Movie part aside, I think it would send the wrong message for them to constantly be taking off their helmets because it simply isn't in character (That's why they had the two finger smiley face thing anyways)

Yea, they must really stink after awhile too

My view still stands that MC has to be a side character, cause there is a whole lot else going on. I feel that if a series of films came about, they can shift their focus on the Arbiter and the chief collectivly.

Regarding the whole face thing, I think it would be fine if they showed a young John's face during training and whatnot, then hid it after the first test run he does with Cortana in the books. That way we still wouldn't see the current MC, just the child/teen/20's version.

And people keep saying that SIIs were supposed to bond with their suits, can anyone give hard evidence to back that up? I've read the novels, but I don't remember that part. The nature of their deployments mean they spend a lot of time in their armor, but they remove it as circumstances allow.

"If this material were used as a sheath or suit of artificial muscle, when worn it could effectively increase the linearly coupled strength of a gen-II ORION soldier tenfold of more. (I'm reluctant to call it armor which would give my military counterparts imprudent fantasies about this technology.)
(...)
I'm convinced there is a way to couple this new technology to a wearer's nerve inductions (positive feedback) to dramatically increase reaction speed (see notes in Jorjet)."

I don't agree that they "bond" with their suits as it were either, but Halsey's journal makes the stuff sound like a complex pain to get in and out of. I wouldn't be shocked if somewhere under that suit it coupled straight into the flesh in one of more locations. One of Halsey's sketches also made it look like it would be impossible for them to remove their helmet if they had a data crystal chip hooked into their Spartan neural interface. So the Chief couldn't take his helmet off in any scene where he's chauffeuring Cortana.

I love analyzing pseudo sci fi science. It makes me feel better about being hopeless at real science. LOL.

[rant="level 6"]
a halo movie will definitely kill all halo related sites and games. regardless of weather or not it is supposed to be a kids movie, or an adults movie, millions of 6-10 year old kids will go and see the movie, and flood xbl with new accounts and overwhelm the 405th with random accounts of kids who will clog the system with stupid ass questions and give up as soon as they find out they have to build the armor themselves, abandoning their accounts leaving us open to hackers.

i think we should leave the halo movie to peter cooper, it will be a good movie, all the current halo fans know about it and will watch it but we won't get all the publicity and therefore screaming children that usually go along with economically successful movies (because movies are only successful because of all the children that watch them, hollywood loves kids, and not in a pedobear way, and will do anything to draw them to watch movies so they can sit back and watch as the kids buy merchandise and stuff. hollywood would think that publicity is good for the 405th and other halo sites, but it is not because only a small percentage of the noobs who find us through those ways actually commit to the site...)

[/rant]

Umm what Peter Cooper movie???? This is the first I'm hearing about it....

[rant="level 6"]
a halo movie will definitely kill all halo related sites and games. regardless of weather or not it is supposed to be a kids movie, or an adults movie, millions of 6-10 year old kids will go and see the movie, and flood xbl with new accounts and overwhelm the 405th with random accounts of kids who will clog the system with stupid ass questions and give up as soon as they find out they have to build the armor themselves, abandoning their accounts leaving us open to hackers.

i think we should leave the halo movie to peter cooper, it will be a good movie, all the current halo fans know about it and will watch it but we won't get all the publicity and therefore screaming children that usually go along with economically successful movies (because movies are only successful because of all the children that watch them, hollywood loves kids, and not in a pedobear way, and will do anything to draw them to watch movies so they can sit back and watch as the kids buy merchandise and stuff. hollywood would think that publicity is good for the 405th and other halo sites, but it is not because only a small percentage of the noobs who find us through those ways actually commit to the site...)

[/rant]
Let me get this straight, you don't want a Halo movie to be made, the biggest thing that could possibly happen to the franchise, because you can't deal with the inevitable nublets on the 405th that will result? The Halo franchise is infinitely bigger than the small armor making community we have here, our little forum is just a small piece of it. A properly made movie would be a monumental boost to the franchise, yet you don't want it because it MAY pollute a tiny offshoot of said franchise. Think of the big picture, if it's good for the franchise (and it will be if well made), then we can deal with any inconveniences on our end. If you can't deal with that and would rather maintain the purity of a tiny fan website than see a blockbuster Halo movie, then you need to seriously start thinking bigger.

About Operation Chastity, I don't see it taking the place of a true Halo movie because of the sheer time it's taking to make. I'm not saying Peter Cooper and his crew aren't working their tails off, it's just that they all have lives and jobs, and this makes progress slow. I mean, they've been working on VFX for a teaser a few minutes long for six months and counting, think how long it would take to go through the same process for a full length movie. Probably years. We need a Halo movie made while the franchise is still marketable, not when only the hard-core fans will tune in. Again, I mean no disrespect the OC crew, they're doing fantastic work. I just don't see it taking the place of Hollywood production.

TL;DR
Lets make a movie about the conscription and training process of the SPARTAN-II Program. Oh, and its due by March 24th 2011. Ready, set, go!

i heard that they are trying to get the rights so they can make reach movie... hope its just rumors, we dont need any crappy actors on our noble team roles...
n the other hand, if they do it right, it could be a epic win!!

sits like a coin toss...

I think Legends was fun to watch but as for the story, major fail. Did you see how young they made Halsey look, in "The Package"? And also how they made it look like Chief was older and that they had a thing going on. You know how disturbing that was!!! Halsey is old enough to be John's mother, hell, she is pretty much like his mother, plus Halsey had a thing with Keyes and had Mirranda. And they screwed up "Origins" to, the Forerruners left Halo and everything to humanity not "all of us" as "Cortana" said, which meant the Covies to. If that were the case, why do they need us to open a dang door on Halo!!. And whats the deal with the 30ft Hunters? and Japenesse elites? They could have done something like Star Wars, as far as how they dress goes.

-End Rant-

But as for a the Halo movie itself, I would like the Reach movie to be centered around Chief or at least que him in abit, Maybe throwing in Noble would be awsome aswell, as long as there is not any difference with the timeline. As for actors, why not get a stunt man in a MKV, and later on MKVI, and have the original voice actor for Chief do the voice acting? Cortana shouldn't be a issue for sure.

I think Legends was fun to watch but as for the story, major fail. Did you see how young they made Halsey look, in "The Package"? And also how they made it look like Chief was older and that they had a thing going on. You know how disturbing that was!!! Halsey is old enough to be John's mother, hell, she is pretty much like his mother, plus Halsey had a thing with Keyes and had Mirranda. And they screwed up "Origins" to, the Forerruners left Halo and everything to humanity not "all of us" as "Cortana" said, which meant the Covies to. If that were the case, why do they need us to open a dang door on Halo!!. And whats the deal with the 30ft Hunters? and Japenesse elites? They could have done something like Star Wars, as far as how they dress goes.

I. HATE. HALO. LEGENDS. BECAUSE. THEY. GAVE. HALO. TO. A. BUNCH. OF. WAPANESE. ANIME. FREAKS. HALO DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE TURNED INTO SOME [Redacted] WAPANESE ANIMU BULL[Redacted]. How dare they. HOW. DARE. THEY. Halo is American, and it damn well deserves to be made with real american animation if not live action. Not some bull[Redacted] watercolor crap. [Redacted] that! HALO IS NOT ARTSY FARTSY "LETS HAVE FUN AND BE CREATIVE WITH JAPANESE ANIME!" NO!!!!!!!!! ABOSLUTELY NOT!!!! THE HUMAN RACE IS BEING HUNTED DOWN BY A GROUP OF GENOCIDAL RELIGIOUS ZELOTS HELL BENT ON KILLING EVERY LAST ONE OF US AND YOU DECIDE TO CHRONICLE IT WITH A FREAKING WATERCOLOR AND A CARTOON??!?!!? [Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]HALO LEGENDS[Redacted][Redacted]343 INDUSTRIES[Redacted][Redacted]RUIN MY FRANCHISE[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]!!!!!!!!!!!!

/RANT

The haircuts reeeeeeeeeeeeally bother me. UNSAT, SHIPMATE....oh, wait.

The concepts behind the stories were interesting, but I only liked a couple episodes' art directions. I have trouble watching things that are ugly.

-End Rant-

But as for a the Halo movie itself, I would like the Reach movie to be centered around Chief or at least que him in abit, Maybe throwing in Noble would be awsome aswell, as long as there is not any difference with the timeline. As for actors, why not get a stunt man in a MKV, and later on MKVI, and have the original voice actor for Chief do the voice acting? Cortana shouldn't be a issue for sure.

ok, i just found this out on halopedia not to long ago:

the deal with the 30ft hunters is because hunters change size in different gravity/environment zones, that is an official bungie statement :p also, i hate how in the package they tried to put on epic voices, who goes into war with a dragon ball z voice???????

I. HATE. HALO. LEGENDS. BECAUSE. THEY. GAVE. HALO. TO. A. BUNCH. OF. WAPANESE. ANIME. FREAKS. HALO DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE TURNED INTO SOME [Redacted] WAPANESE ANIMU BULL[Redacted]. How dare they. HOW. DARE. THEY. Halo is American, and it damn well deserves to be made with real american animation if not live action. Not some bull[Redacted] watercolor crap. [Redacted] that! HALO IS NOT ARTSY FARTSY "LETS HAVE FUN AND BE CREATIVE WITH JAPANESE ANIME!" NO!!!!!!!!! ABOSLUTELY NOT!!!! THE HUMAN RACE IS BEING HUNTED DOWN BY A GROUP OF GENOCIDAL RELIGIOUS ZELOTS HELL BENT ON KILLING EVERY LAST ONE OF US AND YOU DECIDE TO CHRONICLE IT WITH A FREAKING WATERCOLOR AND A CARTOON??!?!!? [Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]HALO LEGENDS[Redacted][Redacted]343 INDUSTRIES[Redacted][Redacted]RUIN MY FRANCHISE[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]!!!!!!!!!!!!

/RANT

sorry for double post,
i hated how they used japanese actors, the spartan's movements were very very very rushed and quirky, nothing like a spartan would move. also, the covies were pretty bad for that as well.

/RANT

Dude... Chill. I dont like reading novels but you dont see me bashing the expletive out of the Halo books. The people who made Halo Legends are artists using there style of art to tell a story. So the Lore isn't completly on track. Have you ever played a good ol' game called "Halo Wars"? It has the same problem. Oh and if you respond to this, try and act a little more like a Deep South Racist. Its good for the kids.

^Apparently the members ranting about Legends don't have the DVD extras. So let me explain.

If you ever watched anime through the years you would know there are many different styles now as far as drawing etc. Then there is different styles in the portrayal of characters and their actions. It's explained that while the stories are canon(except for the funny spartan)...they WANTED each story to have its own anime style because the guys at the studio were such fans of the anime. What does this mean.? Sure Halsey was to young and blonde etc, and they new this...but they know its part of most anime to have young sexy girls no matter what(IE: sailor moon..).

SO don't be pissed at it because they used japanese voice actors or this or that, be happy you got to know the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back