Halo Movie Back in Production?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up this fan tribute trailer. I spent probably 8hrs on it, mostly due to software glitches. I wanted to cover as much from each game/event of significance before the halo event. HOWEVER I wanted to cram as much in under 1:30min. I took inspiration from the Ultramarines Movie trailer #2(GREAT trailer by the way).

Here ya go guys, if this doesn't get adrenaline pumping i dont know what does.

VERY nice work on that. The "Epic" hairs on the back of my neck were standing up. Although the ending seemed a little off. You were building it up, building it up, only to drop the bottom out. Other than that, though, beautiful work.

If you could get Michael Bay to be a little more serious on set, I could see him really making this movie great. He knows action and he knows camera work. However, he always wants his movies to be funny. I don't mind a little humor, but not everything has to be funny. That's what killed Transformers 2 for me. EVERYONE was trying to be a friggin comedian, and it was just too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive video. Gave me goosebumps. :) Really want to see the movie now. I agree about Micheal Bay. As long as Speilberg keeps an eye on the project, I think it will be good.

I would keep micheal bay as far away as humanly possible from the halo franchise. His latest work hasn't been nearly up to standard and has a knack for ruining films at the last minute on his own terms. Refer to Transformers 2 with those "thug bots." Don't let his special effects and ginormous explosions cloud your vision. I want a halo film to actually be good, as it can be, not some half-assed hour and a half of stupid CGI and explosions in every frame.

I'd rather have James Cameron make the film. At least he knows what he's doing

I would keep micheal bay as far away as humanly possible from the halo franchise. His latest work hasn't been nearly up to standard and has a knack for ruining films at the last minute on his own terms. Refer to Transformers 2 with those "thug bots." Don't let his special effects and ginormous explosions cloud your vision. I want a halo film to actually be good, as it can be, not some half-assed hour and a half of stupid CGI and explosions in every frame.

I'd rather have James Cameron make the film. At least he knows what he's doing

That is true, Bay hasn't exactly been up to par lately, but like I said, I very seriously doubt Spielberg would let him mess it up. I would rather have Peter Jackson and Neil Blomkamp, but I guess that ship has already sailed. :\

bleh i wish they would stop dragging their feet and just get on with making the movie everyone already knows that it would likely make enough money on release that they could take the U.S. out of debt and have money left over, so i don't see what they are worried about, to me it seems stupid to pull out on such a popular franchise. but then again i'm not to smart when it comes to these things lol

if 343 and legacy can make all the shorts like "we are odst" "birth of a spartan" and "deliver hope" im sure those guys hav a film in the works that there not telling us about

On that note, "Birth of a Spartan" did absolutely nothing for me, and "Deliver Hope" did almost nothing. If they have a movie in the works, it'd BETTER be be better than that.

That being said, "We are ODST" was the best Halo ever made in live action, IMO, so they can pull off epic stuff when they want to.

Finished up this fan tribute trailer. I spent probably 8hrs on it, mostly due to software glitches. I wanted to cover as much from each game/event of significance before the halo event. HOWEVER I wanted to cram as much in under 1:30min. I took inspiration from the Ultramarines Movie trailer #2(GREAT trailer by the way).

Here ya go guys, if this doesn't get adrenaline pumping i dont know what does.

Good trailer but I think at the end you should of dubbed in "I need a weapon" lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with leaving Michael Bay off this supposed halo film, Spielberg would really do it justice.

What really impressed me with Reach was how much I ended up caring for the characters. (Seriously, when Jorge throws noble six out of the Covenant Corvette and stays behind, I almost cried.) A whole load of cheap explosions have nowhere near the effect as actually causing someone to feel something on an emotional level. The sound was probably the best part of transformers 2, and that wasn't even Michael Bay (I think it was a guy called steve Jablosky who wrote it.)

I don't think i could stand it if a halo movie was made and all characters did was reel of one-liners and blow stuff up. Spielberg's record is near flawless...If people want special FX they can always just hire a company or something to do that part.

Hm. Touche,

I think that a possible Speilberg-Halo Movie should focus on Red Team, and more inadvertently, the Fall of Reach. And, if it satisfies the faction of Halo Lore Fans, integrate and meld the story of Jun and Halsey, the return to CASTLE Base, and maybe throw in a cameo by John-117.

Hm. Touche,

I think that a possible Speilberg-Halo Movie should focus on Red Team, and more inadvertently, the Fall of Reach. And, if it satisfies the faction of Halo Lore Fans, integrate and meld the story of Jun and Halsey, the return to CASTLE Base, and maybe throw in a cameo by John-117.

Many movies jump timelines or jump storylines at the same time...so we can cut between blue and red team...and other spartans...AND noble team. But yes, we do need the stories told about other spartans' sacrifices.

I think you need to start with the Flood (Halo: CE). Don't get me wrong, Reach is a better story and to get the background of all of the Spartans on the big screen would be great. The problem is, it ends in a pretty crappy way ;) (For those who aren't Halo aficionados or haven't been exposed to much Halo)

I think to have mass appeal (not just to hardcore halo fans) they need to start with CE and release movies much in line with how they released the games (so that those new to all this can get accustomed to it).

And if they do a movie, AND if they do it around the chief and not just the halo universe as a whole. . . they had better not cast someone to play MC and have him walking around without his armor 50% of the time. I know this is sticking to the game more than the books, but Spartans don't really take off their helmets much at all, and we never see MC's face ever in the games and if they change that in a movie form I will be personally very upset

I think you need to start with the Flood (Halo: CE). Don't get me wrong, Reach is a better story and to get the background of all of the Spartans on the big screen would be great. The problem is, it ends in a pretty crappy way ;) (For those who aren't Halo aficionados or haven't been exposed to much Halo)

I think to have mass appeal (not just to hardcore halo fans) they need to start with CE and release movies much in line with how they released the games (so that those new to all this can get accustomed to it).

And if they do a movie, AND if they do it around the chief and not just the halo universe as a whole. . . they had better not cast someone to play MC and have him walking around without his armor 50% of the time. I know this is sticking to the game more than the books, but Spartans don't really take off their helmets much at all, and we never see MC's face ever in the games and if they change that in a movie form I will be personally very upset

Steve Downes! of course, he doesn't like video games. but, they can try a voice-over like Vader. have a 6 ft+ person and replace the voice with John-117.

This has already been discussed. The audience can't connect to a faceless character very well, so there have to be scenes without the helmet so the audience actually cares whether MC lives or dies. Someone mentioned that this is why Tony Stark is constantly lifting his faceplate in the Iron Man movies. The suit looks cool, but it has no heart.
At this point, you need to either cut MC altogether or have him remove his helmet from time to time. And face it, a Halo movie without MC as a significant character would be a letdown. This is why I don't see Steve Downes doing the part. There is NO WAY he can do anything more than voice acting for 117 (has anyone actually seen a picture of him?). I personally want Kiefer Sutherland in the role, as I mentioned before, but I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back